⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ Whirlpools, Islands, and a Start to Sharks!

Published by Fang Percy.

This anchor of Odyssey Feed was published on Thursday, October 7, 2021. (US).

Click the arrow next to the name of the section to view it!

:headphones:

Listen While You Read!

Spear of Justice
By Toby Fox

Click the link while holding “ctrl” to open the music on a new tab!

Link:
Undertale OST: 046 - Spear of Justice - YouTube

:scroll:

Development News!

Welcome to another anchor of the Odyssey Feed! This time around, we have a lot more leaks :poggers2:. I’ve been having a bit of trouble uploading that pesky video Vetex put on his Twitter. Since I don’t have a Twitter (:face_vomiting:) account, I need a link directly to it or else it’ll close. Once I get there, if I don’t want to only leave a link to it, I need to embed it.

Unfortunately, for some reason the forum restricts me from uploading any video more than a second long. Because of this, I need to wait until another forumer uploads the video :sleeper:, so that I can copy it’s address.

This wouldn’t be possible this time around without @Alv, who tends, fortunately for me, to publish videos on the forums like this.

If you can somehow avoid this content restriction, make sure to post any Discord or Twitter videos on the mp3 format on the forums so that I can make a better experience for the viewers of the Odyssey Feed.

Enough of that… Let’s hop right to it!

Remember how whirlpools were finished last week? And were supposedly much more 3D, nice looking, and interesting than what we saw in Arcane Adventures? Vetex decided to, soon after I released the last anchor, release a video on Twitter showing the new whirlpools.

⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ Whirlpools, Islands, and a Start to Sharks! - #3 by Cryo

There is a lot to see here. But let’s start with the most obvious, the whirlpools.

They look stunning. They pop out way more than they ever have in any game i’ve played. And the water visuals at the middle and everywhere else make them really, really neat. They’re quite big, too :cyclone:!

You can also see visuals of wind :ok_hand:.

Now, look at the ship. We have the captain of the ship, Vetex himself :flushed:, our crew, and the ship itself, being a caravel. We can also see the ship UI. (Image from @tylkojednowglowie.)

This caravel is at very low health upon being snagged by the unfortunate field of whirlpools it floats into. You can also see cracks on the ship, which grow more pronounced when the ship takes more damage.

:arrow_down: We also receive visuals of our co-captain, Enizor.

And his dialogue (Image by Alv). The first two were before the video started, presumably what he says when you first summon your ship :nod:.

While the ship gets sucked in and even before, you can see the crew reacting to many things. It’s easier to see this if you pause the video.

But that’s not all. We see a crazy amount of islands in this leak as Vetex’s camera shifts around :thinking:… They definitely seem quite close together, and there’s some we haven’t seen before either. They’ll most likely be spaced out when there’s more room in the Bronze Sea. :frhigh:

Some believe this to be Palo Town, for good reason. Note the houses and ships.

Frostmill, and some spires. Those spires could definitely be connected to the Jaws or Spire Bandits.

A quite long unknown island, possibly wilderness or Dawn Island.

Pine tree wilderness island.

A camp…? And a small wilderness island, which also might be Dawn Island.

A foggy wilderness island…

Another wilderness island.

Redwake, which fills up the entire background at times :fr:.

And possibly the rift that was mentioned not too long ago.

That’s about all I can say about this new video. Some of the so-called “Wilderness Islands” are probably other islands, like the Goso Jungle or the Stepstones. You should definitely check it out! Arcane Odyssey has really come far since the beginning of development :frsleepin::ok_hand:. Share your ideas here :arrow_down:.

New Teasers October 6th 2021

Here’s the Twitter link, also. Hope it works!

https://twitter.com/_vetex/status/1445571904522260488

Now, what? Well, there’s actually been a new Major Idea card added to the trello (The below link). Water Spouts :tornado:! Makes a lot of sense, seeing the map is water. Firenado when :flushed:?

Trello

Water Spouts (At least in this game) are similar to geysers :nod:. They’re a random spawning area in water, indicated by some noticeable effects. Shortly after spawning, they erupt and send everything, players, NPCs, boats, sharks and all, into the exosphere. They’ll vary in their intensity as well.

If you see rumbling in the water, get out of the way, or become the first Arcane Odyssey player on the moon :mariomug:!

It was also stated there will be permanent ones that are used to get up to sky islands. Cumulus Island part 2 :poggers2:?

We’re almost there! The last thing is…

:drum:

Sharks! We have a decent amount of progress on them, for having only been worked on for a day. According to the Trello, Sharks can currently spawn, and their AI is being worked on. Sharks will even have animated jaws (Eventually :frcryin:).

Gonna be hype!

:popcorn:

Topic You Should See!

“You guys rate eachothers pfp!”
By @Farerflare

Remember a few months ago where all the trends were going on? It wasn’t very well received by a few people, but for others it was a bit of fun. Here’s one where you can be creative and demolish enjoy and rate another forumer’s profile picture :+1:! There’s definitely gonna be a lot of memes here. Check it out!

Link:
You guys rate eachothers pfp!

:art:

Art of the Anchor!

Untitled_Artwork-220

“Averill 2021”
By @liu

Look who’s back… Averill! It’s cool to see people’s art styles evolve over time, and it’s definitely some banger art this time from liu :nod:! I think the first thing I saw was the armor, definitely. The lighting is also really neat. It was commissioned by BNT! He’s also got quite the muscles :muscle:!

Link:
Averill 2021

:pencil2:

Writing of the Anchor!

“Ultimatum 6”
By @Robotstics

We finally gaze upon the newest installment of one of the most well-known series on the forums, Ultimatum! It’s been quite a long time. Artemis and Arsen admire Arsen’s funny blue hair :mariomug: reflect over previous events, as well as get into some action of themselves. Join them in an ending you won’t expect. Super good writing!

Link:
Ultimatum 6

:mag:

Here’s a Puzzle For You…

Last anchor’s riddle solver was @StraightInTheEyes! Congratulations for being the first to crack it!

The answer was… ”Singed”!

This anchor’s riddle is…

”81st A”

_ _ a _ _ d

First to comment or message me with the answer will get a shoutout next anchor!

:link:

Important Links

The Odyssey Feed
⚓ Odyssey Feed Center - The News Anchor

Arcane Odyssey Trello
Trello

Vetex’s Twitter
https://twitter.com/_vetex?lang=en

Vetex’s Devforum
Profile - vetexgames - DevForum | Roblox

TGR Info Dump (By 7grandnec)
TGR – Google Drive

Arcane Universe Resources
Trello

Thanks for reading this Anchor of… The Odyssey Feed!

16 Likes

first, hyped for shark hunting

1 Like

Apparently you can’t embed mp3 in a dropdown so here

1 Like

Pog :poggers2:

1 Like

@Cryonical im about to turn your entire fkn world around i will blow ur mind with this

1 Like

ok so here lets go to the discord

click play on the video u wanna share here

then

right click
copy link

then

paste anywhere

thank me later

3 Likes

Thank you!

I don’t have discord so I suppose I was being kind of stupid.

wait what you don’t have discord?

No :sleeper:

it’s about fucking time.

2 Likes

Perhaps.

Damn son thanks for the analysis on the trello updates.

well what i told you just now is useless then lol

1 Like

holy shit, based @Cryonical ???

1 Like

No idea what 81st A means but “framed” fits the prompt.

Y’all are welcome for the shark rig

5 Likes

thanks man :nod: :+1:

1 Like

Made it too hard, check the lore doc :slight_smile:

1 Like

the answer is

“traced”

thanks for the clue above :sunglasses:

1 Like

Am I crazy or do some of those islands in the leak look a lot like some of the islands from Pirate Party?