THE OFFICIAL SKILL NOTE COMPATABILITY CHART (Tester Info)

ngl, nobody would be mad if u took the time to do the animations for them, this feature is just disappointing, u did make it sound way better

9 Likes

does spiraling furys not work for katana/sword? its just an outstretched hand right

1 Like

would you consider making animations for skills that make sense on other weapons (e.g, sparrow thrust for thrusting weapons) in the future or is that off the table?

1 Like

remember that you’re also having to deal with double the weapon level being added to the stat requirement, sparrow thrust on sunken staff would have a 290 requirement so it’s nowhere near the realm of possibility for hybrids or savants right now
heck, it’s not even possible for warriors yet

oh so then what old is regular requirements, and then iron are double that? how does that work?

i dont seem to understand

take the weapon’s level, double it
that’s the base stat requirement, which the skill requirement is added to

so a 30 requirement skill on a level 50 weapon is 130 total requirement, 50 times 2 is 100 plus the 30 from the skill

but then wouldn’t rising tide be 200?

(level x 2)+skill requirement?

(50 x 2) = 100 + 100 = 200

we don’t know what the actual requirements on notes would be, the numbers on the table are just the minimum possible requirements for current requirements

that being said this change will make some skills inaccessible to hybrids for a little while because of how things are changed to work

Might be a dumb ask but screw it.

Wouldn’t re-using other skills anims work?
Multishot for Piercing shot (Flintlock)
Quickdraw for Piercing shot (Bow)
stuff like that

1 Like

Limited as this may be, it’s still a buff to weapons. It could be better, I admit, but it’s something. Besides, weapons were already in a pretty decent spot from what I’ve seen.

1 Like

Can’t you use animations for some weapons on other ones?

understandable that you wouldn’t want to do all of that right now but does that mean that this is how skills will be transferable forever or will it be updated with new animations to make them compatible later?

ya, i do profit out of it, but my god do i not have the urge to just make a post with me making the AO animations mirrored

how is it disappointing if you havent even played with it yet lmao, even with the current system it adds tons more options for weapon related builds to customize their playthroughs, i dont see how a few incompatibilities makes the entire feature a disappointment

14 Likes

not every animation has the same timings to it, the skill would look weird if it used those specific animations

8 Likes

if it doesnt bother to ask, would it be possible for weapon skills that make logical sense to be on a certain weapon type but due to animation issues it is incompatible (e.g rapiers being incompatible with sparrow thrust), to get animations in the far future that allow them become compatible or is that off the table?

at least 80% of the chart is red, like fine, maybe we will get more skills for different weapons someday

rapiers got nothing, staf only got 1 new skill, claws got 1 skill that was only good for mobility, not anymore (u have 2 of them, why cant they also get attacks for the hand?), axes got 1 more thing, heavy blunt got 1 more thing

ya sure its cool that it 100% benefit me, but the lack of actual customization is disappointing, all the weapons that are currently used (dual swords, katana, triasta, sunken staf, staf) are still gonna objectively be better than the rest at pvp and pve since the stuff that need this the more barely get anything new, also didnt u say that each weapon will have a different effect (ex. light blades making the AoE smaller but attacking faster), seems kinda of a waste that the already very good weapons gets to overshadow the other weapons even more

Mind if I ask, why does Argos’ Devourer have Beast Instinct? Is it a custom thing for said sword or does it use the same thing?

People often put their expectations above the heavens. :pensive:

wtf is this i cant read…