The Sunken Sword is Currently Way Too Strong

Use self sphere explosion if someone tries to stab you they will fall in the crater. If you have wind then that’s even better cause they will fly off.

Crater won’t work in the arenas though sorry. If it’s arena you can jump and use self explosion

We’re talking about sunken swords ability, Rising Tides, more than the sword itself. We all know that using a sword without an ability is bad, but Rising Tides is gamebreakingly powerful.

your dumbass fr wanting future op legendary armors, spells, and all types of weaponry to come from fishing? damn

Yeah that’s what I hate about the endlag freeze of spells and literally any ability, it breaks the flow of attacks, while rising tide only makes your flow and spell casts seem smoother, allowing for easy adjustments to be made depending on the situation, it’s like putting an 8 year old against a 18 year old who has been doing parkour for 5 years in a parkour course, the 18 year old just runs past and jumps over everything, while the 8 year old has to slowly climb over everything, get up, and continue, and each obstacle they get past forces them to get up, while the epic parkour master just runs past everything

And people who don’t have that sword are left at a severe disadvanatage, Either make nothing have that freeze lag, reduce it by 70% or make rising tide freeze in the air for a short period of time because this is bullshit.

I wouldn’t care if the Sunken Sword was unpunishable if it didn’t have such a absurdly short cooldown before being able to reuse it again, as it allows for you to just spam it over and over and over again.

i mean… getting the sword is a pain in the ass to begin with

rarity is still no excuse for imbalance.

Then nobody would grind for rare items except for flexing…

You’re right. I concede that the sword may be overpowered to some people, however completely incompatible with others. Nonetheless, as a rare item it should have some advantage (however slight) in order to make it actually worth working for.

It should be unique, and interesting. It should give an alternative playstyle. Should it be stronger? I don’t think so. One might say"oh but why would you get it then?" The answer, is because you feel like it. Or at least, that’s how people tried to justify the previous stupid 1/16000 droprate of the sword.

Those people go “well, you don’t really NEED them so it’s fine that they’re 1/8000” or whatever the number is.
Fine in theory, but if you have an item that gives enough of an advantage it becomes a must have for pvp, it’s no longer about getting it because you want - it’s about getting it so you can play pvp without autolosing.

It should be strong, yes. But it also shouldn’t be more powerful(or at least significantly so) than other weapons.

rarity is still no excuse for imbalance.

I only half agree with this. Rarity should of course bring some imbalance, but not anything too obscene. What I’m hearing from Sunken Sword is that it entirely and completely dominates the close quarters meta, which is way too unbalanced. An attack with no start-up, especially if it’s merged together with a transportation move (still no start-up), is extremely powerful, even more so when we’re talking about a game like WoM where almost every attack you do has an extremely high amount of startup and endlag. It sounds like you are guaranteed to lose, unless there was a massive skill gap.

tl;dr im on your side for this

That’s actually pretty fair - some items are better than others, and it would really suck if your super rare item sucked ass, e.g. sunken iron armor. There’s a balance that needs to be struck, I guess.

Hard things need hard abilities.

ya’ll fr complaining about the strength and the power of the sword when the real thing we should be complaining about is the way you actually get it which requires 0 skill and is based 100% on luck

Pretty true, but the sword itself still needs a nerf.

sunken sword is so broken and its only a rare weapon… imagine the legendary ones

ok, fishing being uninteractive and boring is a whole different can of worms, and I’m not sure I’m ready to deal with every single mod/high level/tester descending at once to call me a retard for not praising the glory of vetex’s fishing system. I love WoM, I respect vetex, but holy shit is it an echo chamber of “good job vetex, literally every single thing you’ve done is perfect in every way” in the discord sometimes.

Sunken set just shouldn’t have been added to the game yet. In theory, the sword is fine, being a variant of a common weapon with some extra “oomph” to make it feel special. But given that it’s the ONLY ITEM players can obtain right now that lets them strategize outside of a big slugging fest, while also being tied to an excessive grind wall, it’s just way too centralizing.

It’s likely that as we go deeper into the storyline there will be far more ways to get around the punish-centric gameplay we have now. Sunken Sword is just setting a precedent, so it’s hard to nerf it outright. Could do a “nerf it now, buff it later” approach but I just don’t think the impact it has on the Level 80 meta is all that important.

1 Like

Considering how Headless himself uses a Macro to get around fishing grind i highly doubt most of if any of the staff would mock you at all for that.

So I’ve made a suggestion on it, you guys can go vote for the change: https://forum.worldofmagic.dev/t/nerf-sunken-sword/21828?u=doublerun