Theory: Our Characters are just Dreaming

Yo I just think in images and moods and they gotta be translated into words. Not ideal but it be like that a lot of the time

:tired_face: for some reason. I can see you just grabbed that from the internet and rephrased it. Knowing you did not answer like my question. and some stuff were irrelevant

:hugs: :sunglasses: :relaxed:

even in lucid dreams, you aren’t in full control, its kinda weird

personally I have lucid dreams every other night so its kinda funky

like for example, even if you try to do complex math in a dream, you will fail,

the thing is, the reason dreams go the way they do is because you expect them to:

if you see a crane falling down on a bus, you expect the bus to get crushed

Thank you. :hugs: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: DRAGON

1: Your question is unclear. To my knowledge you did not pose a question of any sort. If you are talking about where I’m using simulator and tycoon from, tbh that’s a metaphor within a larger meta joke. I’m too tired to explain my thought process there, man.

2: Technically you can claim that 75% of knowledge is simply
grabbed and rephrased" from somewhere. So I find it highly reductive of you to assume I grabbed something from the internet. For instance, where do you think the internet “got it” from? Surely the internet is not sentient. More likely is that people had a conversation about the applicability of psychological methods, then this convo was published or alluded to in a magazine, b4 gradually coming into public consciousness.

TL;DR you are really too Online if you assume that everyone just grabs shit from the internet.

:laughing: not everyone only you.

don’t make this topic a big argument, stay on-topic

get it haha

its a funny pun

I don’t know what you trying to do. Could you be more clear with what you are trying to convey? You sound like you’re trying to haze someone in a frat house

tbh this sort of meta-lore, ala “Everything you see is just a dream” is kind of uninteresting. Like, your mileage may very but almost every single media property I’ve come across looks at this kind of scenario. but they just regurgitate the same shit. Like oooooooooh how can you tell the real form the unreal OOooOOOhh.

All the while, there is not one word or peep about the text, be it the actual lore of the game or the content of a story where the dream takes place.

we in a coma‎‎‎‎‎ ‎‎‎

This explains why the Ancient Text looks the way it is because when you sleep you develop dyslexia in dreams

And here I thought this forum was open to the public so we can have actual, mature conversations, not for us to go crazy in the discussion thread.

1 Like

or it can just be like that because it’s very old and ancient and has been there for thousands years. But it’s a cool idea. and dyslexia is not like that btw.

If it was actually old and ancient it wouldn’t be a 1:1 to the English alphabet, so that points it to being just English but smudged and distorted like in dreams

There’s not a clear consensus on what the ancient language in the Text is, its syntax and whatnot. Unless something happened in the discord, all conclusions about the nature of the language in the Ancient Text is speculative and low quality.

EDIT: I mean, it COULD be a distorted “English Alphabet” but remember that the English Alphabet encompasses several different sorts of languages because it derives from Latin. Once again, not a clear line connecting the Ancient Text and modern English atm.

EDIT 2: It has since been established that ppl are translating the letters and there is a 1:1 to the English Alphabet

Its just english with different letters

plenty of people have translated most of it already

I already have 22 letters haha

It uses Arabic numerals like English does. I am pretty sure the syntax is understood.

I have translated all 26 letters and it is just a 1:1, yes. It’s distorted just like how it would be in dreams where if you try to read something while sleeping then the letters become disfigured and mashed up.

Just going to echo Pip_Zog again; how is that going to b like dyslexia?