Thoughts on fighting styles mastery system?

Personally I’m okay with it not requiring something “immersive” like tasks or a questline. letting it just happen naturally is fine with me, it’s kinda similar to cooking mastery tiers in a way

So what if you just invested the absolute minimum, and only used the Fighting Style skill with the least requirements :thinking:

Then in theory you could get master tier in basic combat with only crash yea it’s possible

me when someone tells me that punching the air for 30 fucking minutes makes me want to play more as a strength build

Nah
Its just “roblox rpg game theory”
Make people waste more time ingame so your game is alive for longer

god bless 35 minute long dungeon to get to next floor

Indifferent, can’t find a reason to hate it at all tbh

It goes without saying that some yahoo is going to macro it. There’s nothing we can do about it. But at least it prevents people from switching to the “most effective” fighting style whenever they want without repercussions. I’m on board with that part bc in AA you could go from cannon to Radius fist in a heartbeat and do m a x i m u m d a m a g e (I have radius stomp ptsd)

Also lets bring up these bullet points:

Is the 30 minutes taking into account that the player is a Berserker? If so, then it’s safe to say that other builds will at least take an hour to master a fighting style. Which isn’t that bad ig

But what do I know ¯\(ツ)

Non stop 30min of attack spamming?

That’s basically an invitation to macroing.

Weird decision by Vetex.

Not to mention that, if that is the time a 100% fighting style (strength) user will take…

Having half would take AN HOUR. And 25% would be even more grind.

You can always leave a macro and AFK farm. I wonder if he will ditch that for another system (which I hope) since I’m not a fan of grinding systems which can be easily exploited via autoclick.

3 Likes

Fair. It’s almost like AA’s system of leveling magic/strength

But In Vetex’s defense, you will still have to find lost techniques and level up, so mastering a fighting style isn’t enough to make you op even if you did macro. 30mins to an hour to outright master something is quite generous compared to some other roblox rpgs i’ve played (and subsequently dropped) but it’s still a decent chunk of playtime.

But hey, unreleased feature in an unreleased game where everythings subject to change…

1 Like

While this is a fair and completely valid reason, I don’t see why I as a player should actually play the game to level up the fighting style when I could spend that time macroing to max mastery while doing something else more productive, I’m just saying it’s a weird choice by vetex.
Overall I enjoy the concept and system but the method of obtaining is still iffy with me, if something was done to encourage active playing such as more mastery gained from pve or PvP or having mastery ranks be granted by a set of quests(my person favorite) that would be awesome

1 Like

As someone who played AR, it’s the worst part of the game.

Good point. Also, player skill is always a factor. A good player should be able to extract more from less.

That’s why I said, I hope it gets changed to allow for more possibilities, so it isn’t just purely based on repeating fighting style skills/attacks

I’d prefer sparring with the master giving mastery instead of clicking simulator but I’m no dev

6 Likes

I was thinking that could be to obtain master tier for the mastery, otherwise it could be stuff like defeat an npc above a certain level from the bounty board, for earlier ones it could just be help out some npcs by doing sidequests almost errands for the mentor(karate kid moment)

makes more sense than clicking and eventually obtaining a kick technique that had nothing to do with the 100,000 punches you did earlier

The techniques themselves aren’t locked behind the mastery, you first need to have a certain amount of strength points then some of the later techniques are locked behind mastery(prob airstep and focus)

anyway on-topic but i say this is a neat system idea with a bit iffy execution. if mastery was quickened via PvE and PvP i’d be less annoyed but apparently it takes LONGER especially if you’re not a pure build so thumbs down

3 Likes

oh that’s cool

AR leveling all over again

The DBOG system? That’s a good idea.

1 Like