Treasure Charting Guide & Help [V1.14.8]

Treasure charting is sometimes a difficult task for first timers or those who struggle with directions, such as myself! Here I’m compiling a complete guide on treasure charts, maps, and how to understand specific islands.
Keep in mind all treasure charts are randomly generated, nobody can give you an exact location, and those claiming to be able to tell you exactly where your treasure chart is for a fee, are lying to you.

Need a quick visual gauge for what the location of your chart is?
Use this amazing tool made by MyAltAccountIsThis

You can view the full map by clicking here!

• DISCLAIMER[S]
    I do not have access to the games code or any privileged information regarding treasure charts, this is instead a collection of information and visual guides which I’ve personally gathered, created, and seen as a person who frequently uses treasure charts! Feel free to PM me any extra information you personally gather!
    All information is valid as of the update number in the title! Be sure to read the Trello in case there were any changes to the functionality of charts in future updates!
Islands which cannot have charts

Dawn Island, Redwake, The Northen Jaws, Mount Othrys, Whispering Caverns, Sailors Lodge, The Stepstones, All of the Sky Islands, Fort Talos, Silverhold, The Southern Jaws

Introduction

Treasure charts are a great way to progress the game if you’re bored of fighting, or need them for progression. Charting can be quite difficult at first though!
Charts come in many different rarities -ranging from Common to Legendary; and with each having their own quirks and differences, let’s talk about them!

The rarer the treasure chest is, the more bronze chests you get on the final chart. But for Uncommon+ charts, all completed sections apart from the final piece, give you 1 bronze chest each! And for Exotic+, their final segments give more bronze chests!

Chart Rarity Total bronze chests Total chests on final piece
Common 1 5
Uncommon 2 6
Rare 3 7
Exotic 5 8
Legendary 7 10

Enchants for shovels were released in version 1.14 and have a 1 in 10 [10%] chance of being dropped when completing a treasure spot! source

Enchant Effect
Rich 10% chance for chests dug up by the shovel to be 1 tier rarer than they originally were
Marking Marks where the user has previously dug, adding a glowing effect and making treasure finding easier
Fortune A tier 2 enchant obtained by completing a treasure chart with an enchanted shovel. Has a higher chance than Rich and Goldsight to increase the tier of the chests dug up by 1
Goldsight A tier 2 enchant obtained by completing a treasure chart with an enhanted shovel. The enchant is Rich and Marking combined, making parts which have been dug up glow, and having a chance to boost the tier of dug up chests by 1

Transport

When picking up sealed chests, be sure to pick them up and place them down before taking them to your ship. In larger numbers, it’s likely for a chest to despawn before you can put it on your ship! As of update 1.14.7, players can haul 2 chests at one time [alongside cargo and other carryable items!].
When you reach higher levels, be sure to invest in silver or golden shovels, they are very useful in combating this. It’s not fun for a chest to despawn!

The best ship in any case, is a fast one. Either fast at getting out of a situation where you might lose your chart and chests, or fast at disposing of a threat.

The brig is usually the number 1 go to when it comes to speed and durability –
Having a base speed stat of 75, and base durability of 13,500, the brig can outrun most non-player threats, and survive a hefty amount of damage. Having a fast ship is crucial, as it can make travel time between areas go from 10 minutes, to 2.

Transport, on foot, is also extremely important. If you don’t want to get smited by a random level 160+ criminal or hero whilst out on your treasuring adventures, a speedy but strong armor set is crucial.
Being able to go across the entirety of Ravenna in under 1-2 minutes is great for charting, and makes the process extremely streamlined and fast. The following sets are good for your speed:

Sets
  • Lord Elius armor set, cape, agility amulet, old lion of ravenna cape [agile enchants]
    This set can deliver up to 400 agility give or take, that is with perfect lapis lazuli gems too.
  • Full siren set + agility amulet - Agile or hasty enchants [agile for fastest movement]
    This set can offer over 200 agility and 200 attack speed, good for if you need to dispose of annoyances quickly, and outrun the opps ASAP.

Lapius lazuli gems are good for both attack speed and agility.

Island Map Guides & Tips

Sometimes there’s hate or a feeling of impossibility when it comes to certain islands. Where its Ravenna, Frostmill, or Shell Island, many find difficulty in these.
Treasure Charts will consider the whole island, generally. This means Shell Island charts consider their outer-islands, and the Frostmill charts consider the ice and icebergs surrounding the island!

For Ravenna, with much of its landmass an undiggable mountain, ‘half way’ is often misunderstood! Find more about these islands in specific in the guides & tips section!

But are you confused on what “north northwest” means? Heres a compass which has all of those odd little things on it! It’s known as a cardinal compass!
Click me!

The smaller the island is, the less likely you are to get it on a chart! We’re unsure why this happens, but I personally theorize that the chart picks a random piece of land on the map regardless of island, checks if its a valid area, and then assigns labels to that area! It’s likely also why we get ‘halfway sea level’ charts for Ravenna.

Frostmill

• Frostmill takes into consideration the outer ice/icebergs as part of the island, which factors into what the ‘center’ is.
  • Sea level is typically on the icebergs or in the town.
    Small cliffs is generally the icebergs or the cliffs on-level with the brigands.
    High cliffs can be both the brigand-level cliffs or the higher peaks.
  • The attached image shows the entirety of frostmill which is considered by the treasure charts.
    Click here to see a visual guide provided by Trollemon3583!
Shell Island

• The attached image shows all parts of the island considered for treasure charts
  • Shell island takes into consideration its exterior islands for chart directions.
    The ‘edge’ of the island can be one of the outer islands.
    Halfway from the center/center directions also take into account the outer islands.
Ravenna
  • Ravenna ‘sea level’ guides are typically the lowest point on the map!
  • Halfway from the center is typically near the base of the mountain, unless its south west, which it may be the small lone cliff.
Windrow

• ‘Sea level’ directions are typically the part of the island that is considered the ravine, not the cliffs on both sides of the island. These sections are highlighted in yellow on the screenshot.
Mango Isle

Despite not having treasure charts as a completion task, the mango isle does have charts available.
Credits to LeMeepy

• Nothing of note
Dark Pine Isle

Nothing to note!
Credit to Catamount !

Shovels

Shovels are obtainable through treasure chests and lost cargo. The higher the ‘tier’ of a shovel is, the less times you need to dig. This is especially important for higher tier charts, and saves ridonkulous amounts of time!

Type Level cap Amount of digging required per-treasure
Wooden 0 5
Bronze 50 4
Silver 90 3
Golden 120 2

Those who have helped this compilation of information will be listed below. :two_hearts:

Contributors

LeMeepy,
Trollemon3583!
Catamount
Cryonical

Did you find this guide difficult to follow?
People learn in many different ways, here are some other guides about treasure charting!

20 Likes

i’ve gotten charts for these before

1 Like

Do you have a screenshot?

noㅤ

1 Like

I found mentions of charts for both islands from last month and early this month, ill look around and see if I can personally get any or find any screenshots!

1 Like

Very epic, thank you <3

Thank you for this guide, it helped me solve a legendary chart

1 Like

Arcane Odyssey Ravenna Map compass
Frostmill coordinate map
Those r the maps of Frostmill, Forest of Cerunno, Whitesummit and Ravenna with the NSEW

2 Likes

why are the frostmill and ravenna lines uneven?

1 Like

srry abt it, its a bit messy because I used them personally for my treasure hunting sessions which sat around on these lines in between

1 Like

very epic, Ill make cleaner versions later down the line <3

In regards to which islands cannot have charts, Darkpine can actually have charts, it is just not listed as an exploration task for you to complete.

1 Like

Yep ive heard of such! Currently trying to obtain a screenshot of such ^^

Ditto to the Darkpine one, while I don’t have a screenshot of it I do vaguely remember the contents:

-northern edge
-on a cliff
-overlooking the sea? i can’t remember exactly if this clause was there

The exact position was near where the 3 chests on the northern pillar are.

1 Like

Update:

got another darkpine chart

edit to not flood this thread: two treasure charts in your inventory can have the same location. in this case, one treasure gets filled out first, then the other.

these two charts led to the exact same spot, but I was confused when the second one (a legendary chart) wasn’t completed as soon as I finished the spot, so I dug again, and that counter started.

1 Like

https://myaltaccountsthis.github.io/arcaneodysseytreasure/
this might help

1 Like

ik theres already proof but i just thought i’d put the nail in the coffin, im just glad darkpine doesnt have a task after the suffering i’ve been through trying to get a palo and elm chart for 100%

1 Like

Updated a lot of the info here
Updated the entire guide to be more digestible and readable
Updated all data to be in tables - Will update the sealed chests/total final chests data, as I believe it may be innaccurate

To be added

• Gonna maybe make a video on charting for those who learn better through videos
  • Going to gather data on XP per chart - which means starting a new save file

Additional hints:

• If the chart says it is at an island, the treasure is likely located somewhere on that island.
  • If the chart says the treasure is a few paces/halfway [Direction] from the center, look in that direction relative to the center.
  • If the chart says it is on the [Direction] edge of the island, look on that edge of the island.
  • If the chart says the treasure is on a high cliff, look on a high cliff.
  • If the chart says the treasure is at sea level, look at sea level.

Hope this helps! :+1:

3 Likes