Venia just opened for its first open test!

Some of you may know that @Jeni is currently making a game inspired by World of Magic, though differing in certain aspects such as weapon combat. The game’s focus is mainly in melee combat although you will be able to obtain a magic soon. There will be skills and more stuff in the future, so I think this will be a pretty good game to look forward too alongside AO. Go try it out now!

You’ll probably want to join the Discord server too if you are interested.

12 Likes

vruh

NOW you should be able to play it lol.

yep

how long is the open test for?

One day. I attached the Discord link to the OP.

1 Like

Actually, it’s for the whole weekend. Lasts until Monday at 16:30 CST.

1 Like

Nice, now let’s see what Jeni has been working on

I can’t wait to try it! I love playing people’s passion projects!
(I swear I will find time to play this if it’s the last thing I do)

slime hitbox ._.

really fun game tho :+1:

Bug reports:

• Footsteps when high jumping
  • Immortal slimes
  • Chat gets reset when you die, which is annoying if you are in the middle of a conversation
  • Rake isn’t banned
  • Buttons don’t appear:
  • I can infinitely charge high jumps
  • Footstep sound effects sound like I am at a construction site. Not really a bug bit still a bit annoying.
  • When I zoom out towards other people, I can hear other peoples fights.
  • You can sorta climb trees
  • Sun rays are very bright
  • I opened a chest and it disappeared. I got nothing from it. There should be a popup or sfx when you open chests to show that you got money.
  • The cliff near the ocean makes it impossible to survive falling into the ocean
  • Footsteps play twice, sometimes just slightly apart, making them sound strange.
  • Footsteps are very loud. The above video was played at Roblox volume 1.

• Half the chat messages don’t send.

• Floating trees

• Grass ends near cliffs

• Trees clip cliff

Overall, this is a great game which I will definitely play when its released. There are just a lot of bugs at the moment.

Not bad at all! @Jeni

I didn’t get to play it for very long but I kind of liked what I saw. I have to remember not to be too harsh on it bc this is basically like WoM’s first open test where the level cap was 10 lol.

Light criticism:

There were some bugs such as like not being able to damage slimes at all or getting stuck after a high jump, but I know they’ll be ironed out with time. Lack of music leaves things a tad awkward but yknow first test. I can’t expect everything lol. Footsteps are a bit too loud in contrast to everything else.

Either way, good job on this, better than anything I can make lol

I’ll be helping with some themes for the game.

1 Like

cc @Ultra

Thanks for the feedback! Footstep sounds are temporary, and I’ll fix the new game buttons in a second. Immortal slimes have been fixed, too. I’ll make chat not reset when you die as well.

1 Like

this is ballin

When people realized there wasn’t a chat filter, chaos erupted.

“what the fuck”
-noober

has been fixed now but oh boy

nevrmind i broke chat oh gods

6 Likes

WAIT

How do you fix things in such little time? Doesn’t it take a while to publish?