Vetex's Rant (PVP & BALACING)

Because it is temporary. A bug or silly balancing will not mean the end for everything and everyone.

:)!! THIS!! The community needs to stop generalising each other if both sides are to even have a chance at co-existing, but creating stigmas is kind of a prevalent problem within humans.

Please say that first then instead of a snarky remark of being able to run in pokemon fights lol

1 Like

Ok. I will be more clear in the future. :+1:

but anyway lol

i remember when they made that fuckass change to dash buttons and grabs to make them move a way shorter distance if youā€™re not in combat and i literally ALWAYS hated that shit

like if iā€™m being honest 90% of the time if someone ganks me i just fuckinā€™ sit there and let them kill me. i donā€™t even try. itā€™s much quicker than suffering through a fight iā€™m clearly not going to win and i can just server hop then and there. i do not even care

2 Likes

And adding harsher penalties for attacking lower level players unfortunately wonā€™t solve a lot, itā€™s more a bandaid solution than anything

This is, and always will be true, but unfortunately theres a decent chance that nothing will happen to on-level PVP, since at the end of the day, it is an intended feature even if it ends up pretty one sided sometimes.

The issue of balance will always pop up with on-level PvP too unfortunately which is a huge issue right now seeing how itā€™s the first thing people will always instantly point to. Thatā€™s why I think that even if Vetex says it wonā€™t happen, a PvP toggle should be implemented as it could help a lot if done right.
PvP would still exist for those who want it without it being outright removed, and people who donā€™t want to have PvP in a game that boasts having a very prominent story wonā€™t have to worry about suddenly being pitbulled by the random bounty hunter that saw a decent amount of reputation someone got by just playing the game casually

I canā€™t say it would cover the inevitable issues of balance being pointed to for those who participate in PvP things, but at the very least it would cover a rather big issue

honestly? if they just made something like elysium publicly available thatā€™d probably funnel a good chunk of pvp players over there and away from the main game and make it overall safer for people who want to enjoy other aspects of the game

like how tf2 is separated between casual and competitive, sort of.

nno im getting sidetracked. i do think a pvp toggle could work if done right, but iā€™m kind of iffy on it overall.

1 Like

Let me guess the YTbers
Femsell is 1 arisell is 2 and forgor the third

the fraudulent 3

A pvp toggle would have to be considered and done rather carefully yeah, but making Elysium public is something Iā€™d also like to see too, I think it should still be able to function as a private server, but can also be something people looking to just kill other players could go to and mess around in, via a public instance of it

1 Like

I think it could also help a lot for people simply looking to just spar with other players imo, since that could have a lot of pretty good people to fight go to it in a concentrated area, so itā€™d generally be good for that all around

(Kinda was already said but that is something that came to mind lol)

1 Like

i guess the only real reason iā€™m skeptical on pvp toggles is because i vaguely recall the idea of universal pvp being to keep the world feeling somewhat immersive i guess? itā€™s the whole reason bounties and assassination contracts exist, both in AO and AA

i dunno. i guess maybe if you have a high enough bounty or fame it could just not let you turn pvp off or something

Yeah, thatā€™s one of the things I was thinking of when I was thinking of what Iā€™d want for a pvp toggle. I donā€™t think it should be something people with actually good amounts of reputation can toggle, as those numbers could indicate theyā€™re actively doing PvP in the first place and would thus be hunting other players (Would also not allow for leaderboard players to toggle for obvious reasons)

1 Like

theoretically islands like Munera Garden could also serve this purposeā€“and I think that was the ideaā€“but it doesnā€™t get utilized as much as the arena in WoM did, and i think itā€™s because of generally how slow boats are without upgrades (and most people donā€™t really gear up their ships enough to speed them up considerably)

I actually see people go to Munera more often than I thought I ever would surprisingly enough, not often cause I donā€™t go back to the bronze sea often unless I reset stats and gotta change my dodge reflex, but itā€™s neat to see when I do see it happen

1 Like

oh wow! whenever i go there itā€™s usually barren tbh

i guess that also presents a different problem? like from my experience even if you arenā€™t actively doing pvp just killing npcs will still push your reputation one way or the other, so inevitably you end up gaining some fame or bounty somehow

ultimately neither a conditional pvp toggle or the option of fleeing are perfect solutions and i really dont think they should be. i think even if you play casually you should still be forced to pvp every now and then. not frequently if you donā€™t want to, but occasionally.

iā€™ve never really gave much of a shit when it came to the balancing or the update quality - it is fine if there isnā€™t a lot this update, i will come back next month or in the month that follows or just play with friends until new content drops

this is the only update thatā€™s really pissed me off because as a light conj i had to deal with being quite possibly the weakest weapon class while other classes got my gimmick and good damage and incredible size, and it has certainly frustrated me to the point of making some of these unreasonable complaints

i think this is just a bad situation overall, especially since the last two updates have not been the mostā€¦ satisfying to say the least. hopefully empires is better, who knows. hopefully vetex actually has fun making this one so we get all the content that is promised

3 Likes

light conjurers definitely got it pretty rough there, i wonā€™t deny

i was actually kind of shocked to find out light arcanium gear decreases attack size??? i kind of feel like it shouldnā€™tā€¦?