Vetex's Rant (PVP & BALACING)

it’s the drawback to it, since it has 125% attack speed

1 Like

Idk, I will always stand by believing you shouldn’t be forced to PvP though. Someone in another thread made a very good point about AO being a story-focused game and not a PvP focused game, and I generally just think forced PvP is cringe anyways. Either way if we have any solutions in the future it’ll be stuff actively being added into the game, so shrug

i made that argument at some point and i still think it’s true, but the catch is that after you put hundreds of hours into the endgame, there is actually nothing to do other than pvp. it’s a point vetex acknowledges in his rant:

I despise this portion of the community and frankly I would remove PvP entirely if it wouldn’t kill the game, but Roblox games like this can’t survive without PvP so it has to have it.

it sucks that it’s this divisive of an issue though. hopefully the game can stand on its own when more content is added, but who knows when that will be

I had a thought earlier and honestly I think it’d be awesome if there was some sort of raid content in the game of some sort, with actual mechanics, to serve as stuff you can do during endgame/whenever you hit the recommended level for whatever the content is

that is something planned for elysium in the future

I understand this but I’m talking for other than Elysium mainly, I remember what all that entails but I’m talking about some stuff you can access around the seas and go into with friends/on your own but with a group of random people, and fight a boss that way that you can grind out, instead of just revisited fights from the past/fights we never got to see

Plus I don’t just mean dodge attack do damage I mean like, actual raid mechanics for a fight would be cool as fuck

I think the issue with this though is it wouldn’t really cover current endgames for level caps as the game goes on, but it’d be good side content to go along with what we could potentially get for replayability

One last thing I’ll say, is that adding a PVP toggle just because a part of the community doesnt like it is just not a good idea, regardless of how its added.

For example, imagine if vet disabled PVE because some people didn’t like it? It just wouldn’t go well, at all.

Overall, I think the general community looks like this:

Pure PVPers: 10%
Mainly PVP but also PVE sometimes: 20%
Equal amounts of both: 27%
Mainly PVE but also PVP sometimes: 25%
Pure PVEers: 18%

Numbers are based off what ive seen in the almost 2.4k hours i’ve played the game, and it seems to be what I at least would call accurate.

tbh if he didn’t like PvP he should’ve just not added it lol. it’s not like you need it to stay afloat. he could honestly just straight up remove it and game wouldn’t be any different ngl

Vet himself has already said that removing PVP would kill the game lmao, no idea where you got this idea

I don’t agree with that really, I can’t say I agree with that ratio either, a toggle could work not fully but could cover a lot of issues if properly implemented, forced PvP is not an amazing thing in the first place and a toggle could be implemented to work as it’s intended without impeding on PvP that people may want

As for not agreeing with that ratio, that mainly comes from how I’ve seen far more people playing the game casually than I’ve seen people actively seeking out PvP or doing it more often than usual. Not rare, but not the majority

I’ve seen a lot of talk about “if properly implemented”, do you have any ideas what that would look like feature wise? Just curious

in my head

it wouldn’t kill AO because AO actually has substance outside of its combat. people still play this game despite the “horrendous pvp scene”, no?

stuff like Deepwoken, Type Soul and any other game in that region literally just use the world as a means to get you to enter player combat, and are player combat heavy. AO is not player combat heavy.

I can dig through my replies for what I was thinking of, it’s not 100% perfect mind you obviously, I can’t cover every potential issue that may pop up or account for everything, but it’s just what I think could work best based off how I’ve seen toggles done in the past

There’s obviously probably better ways of going around things, and it wouldn’t be 100% perfect as I’ve already stated, I know for a fact I’m not some game design connoisseur, but it’s primarily based off what I’ve seen in the past and how I think at least the rough outline of it could potentially work.

I also do not intend to word that like some suggestion or something at all if it comes across as that in some form, mainly just me voicing my thoughts on this all and what I feel could potentially work as a solution if ironed out/improved upon/thought upon more

I simply think a PvP toggle could be done right if considered carefully enough and not done to the point where it can be easily/somewhat abused, or abused at all in any capacity since that’d definitely be cringe

This got fixed right? Cause I’m a lightning conjurer and PvP-ing a couple hours ago felt faster (I think)

Removal of bounty hunting or/and leaderboard systems would have freed game from a good amount of the players Vetex is talking about. (But its will never stop some brainless dudes from nuking people randomly with metal mage)

Now I wonder, if he will develop clans into combat further. Building update should bring a scary amount of complaints about balancing.

I feel like this is kinda the issue that creates the toxicity, if all the systems are kinda “asshole” like the natural reaction of the players is gonna be to become more toxic, if there were nicer ways to interact with the pvp system then i think a lot of the toxicity might be mitigated

vetex venting (sus)