What are some cool concepts for magic, weapons, and fighting styles?

If you were in Vetex’s seat what are some ideas for weapons, magics, or fighting styles you would add as the game progresses

1 Like

space magic
healing hand

well my shadow boxing concept got clobbered bc people thought it was a suggestion I forgot to specify it’s just a cool idea I was thinking

Magic quality of life: Heat based/certain magic being able to travel underwater when charged, not required if tier is higher than 3. Water/Lightning being able to interact with the ocean, lightning briefly electrocuting the water while water magic, if charged/ultimate art will send in a wave or a flood if high level, wind creates vortexes, etc.

Fighting Style rework: Remove all effects and replace them with physical related effects such as broken, bruised, dazed, shocked, seared, fracture, etc.

Weapons haul: Add obscure weapons to add versatility and support the “mix-up playstyle” of warrior, such as ‘The Whip’, a weapon solely focused on disabling opponents and pure reliance on bleed DOT for damage, ‘The Mancatcher’, specialized Pole weapon focused on grabs and stuns, etc.

yooo I just got an idea from this: fishy style (or something idk name)

curse that makes u into a swordfish, collossal squid, or obulous or something basically I just want to be a swordfish going 50 mph

Splatoon

Brawler-Grappler style.

Go fucking feral.

Forget fancy flashy moves, forget naming your attacks, forget precise attacks, forget formal stance.

Run on all fours if you want ffs, grab people, slam them to the ground, drag them across the floor or walls, eat attacks to hit back stronger, swing a spin-punch with your entire bodyweight, lose the reason (and ability) to use shot. Hell, add a freaking biting move if you want.

I’m thinking…
Chain and ball
Saxe knife (basically short short sword)
Throwing knives (multiple)
Longbow
Executioner’s sword
pike
crossbow
grapnel
whip or cat’o’nine tails
fire sword?
nets or entanglment devices
Flails
and a frying pan (cuz why not?)

I just want mud magic back :frcryin:

lol!

For magic I think it would be cool to add:
Sound
Gravity
Time
life
mind
and maybe add some more mutated versions like:
mirror (glass and metal)
cosmos (dark and plasma)
plague (ash and poison)
Nuclear (explosion and acid)
Zeusfury (lightning and fire)
Thermonuclear (water and explosion)
paper (water and wood)
tundra (ice and earth)
solar (light and plasma)
Nuclear winter (snow and ash)
Rust (metal and water)
Hellfrost (ice and fire)
quake (earth and magma)
siegeburst (metal and explosion)
I’m sure by now you’ve realized I’ve long ran out of ideas…

My precious

Is this supposed to link to the entire All AO ideas trello or was it supposed to be something specific?

1 Like

zeusfury is literally just blaze
fym mind magic
solar is also just flare
fym siegeburst tf would it do

Blowdarts lol

and a style that has no shared grab cooldown

I’ll make apocalypse bringer real

The entire thing

1 Like

metal and wood rework:
bleed gets replaced by splintering (for wood) and dazed (for metal)
splintering: imagine drawback but its for literally any input besides mouse/misc (opening mail/map/etc)
dazed: blurry screen and/or inverted movement (depending on ‘tier’)