What did vetex do to lost magics

Ehh, usually true but not always. My main character Benjamin has Light, and for a while I wanted him to get Aether, but now I’m thinking Gravity. I can just use a hecate essence in-game, but I don’t know what I’m gonna do for lore. Switching his Light Magic to Wind or Earth momentarily just to turn it into Gravity seems convoluted and bad for a story.

Also my friend’s OC who has Ash and Magma was going to swap out Magma for Storm, but that probably won’t be possible anymore, even with the shared “natural disaster” theme.

Where does Enizor talk about this

Feremius Lurco does though

doesn’t mean it’s an okay system

True whiners strive for what is right!

Well I get the feeling this is gonna be a “too bad so sad” anyway, vetex has finally found a way to progress magic in arcane odyssey that actually works with both the gameplay and lore, he isn’t gonna ditch that because a few people don’t like it

Yeah. Mutations are SO MUCH BETTER for lore. It always seemed so stupid how lost and ancient magics were “rare” with the scroll system. The scrolls aren’t consumable lorewise, so people could just make endless copies of a magic scroll by writing the contents down on another blank one. Logically the only reason these magics would be rare is the difficulty of learning them. (Also, instructions on how to learn a whole new magic type sounds far too long and complex to fit onto a single piece of paper.)

Only thing I don’t like about the new mutations system is that it’s bloodline-based rather than personality-based… That really sours it for me, but oh well.

Died 2022, born 2024

Welcome back cultures

4 Likes

he doesn’t have to, just make it so your mutation options aren’t restricted based off your base magic

Yeah that’s a pretty easy fix tbh

That period where Vetex started just saying “Um… a scroll did it!”
Magic stones don’t enchant items, scrolls do now! It was okay at that point, but then…
Want people to know you by a certain title? Equip a scroll!
Want to learn a lost magic? Read up, bucko!
Want to hone your fighting technique to putting everything into aura? School up!
Want to learn a spell? Read.

Wait when was it ever magic stones? Is that an AR thing? I heard it got a new enchanting system

I think AA had the enchantment rocks first, but I don’t know, it might be an AR thing.

AA did not. Please don’t assume anything about it if you haven’t played it :sob:

The only way to get enchanted items was to find them pre-enchanted. We didn’t even have enchanters to apply a random one like in WoM. It was awful and grindy.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I don’t have a reliable source of information :sob: :sob: :sob:

aa never had charms if that’s what ur talking abt

i think it’s actually just if you’re related to a strong mage with a mutation you have the possibility of learning that mutation without a shard, but you can still use a shard to get other mutations

Hmm… My interpretation was that your bloodline determined which mutations you had the potential to get, and you would start with a base magic capable of turning into one of those.

Hey, come to think of it, I guess magic types have been bloodline-based for a while now. The Boreas family always had ice, water, and snow mages.

This is literally the only thing I want. We got a bit of time before lost magics are added, or even til the end of Nimbus where it seems things will be a bit more final. So hopefully:crossed_fingers: he decides to go with this by then.

i liked scrolls btter though…

I kinda liked it mechanically too, but now that I’ve spent this much time without getting a single Cannon scroll (I want at least 2) I’m starting to prefer anything else.