What Happened To Thermo?

good idea make our heat last longer if they connect!!

they take more skill than mage, mage is pretty brain dead i used to main mage and even thoe its meta rn i wont go back ish was hella boring

just like you, i hopped on my light thermo fist warlock in the first time since like 6 months, to learn not only was thermo fist gutted, crash was gutted, and light got hit with nerfs. Wow. gutted my whole build but im not willing to interchange it, maybe i will just change the fighting style on it.

what annoys me the most about thermo fist is mainly the fact that thermo fist doesn’t get stronger over the course of the battle, but gets weaker like sailor fist. I’ve said it many times, but I was always against heating up before battle with thermo, i always thought it was the same as draining a sailor fist’s seawater before battle. Now its impossible to build heat in a battle, as you literally drain more than you build without just standing still and using m1s.\

so yeah i’ve got a build that’ll probably lose to a skilled person with no gear playing literally anything else.

2 Likes

i’ve got a mystery 5 gel if you do wanna reset it, they’re super cheap and a stat reset is basically guarenteed

eh that’s comparing piss and shit. Mage and fighting styles are both braindead, the only skillful class is conjurer ngl

while at the moment, its basically useless, i really liked my light warlock. mainly cos it’s an intensity build made to melt people’s eyes, and i intend on upgrading it with new jewelcrafting equipment and dark sea enchants, so i dont intend on resetting it
at the moment it blinds for around 4 seconds, so i assume i can increase it to maybe 6-7 seconds with new equipment?

nah rushdown is harder to time and land then any of mages moves/more rewarding.

ok that’s 1 move tho. Why click your shitty grab when you can run at the opponent and click shot?

because rushdown is more rewarding and does more dmg.

ok but big 300 damage ravenna sized shot with 2 second cooldown. doesn’t matter if you can combo it if the combo is hard to land and less consistent than monke click shot 10 times and win

u dont make sense shush

why put in effort when you can click shot?

There goes my Shadow Warlock…
Guess I’ll switch to basic combat.

Common balancing team L. Look at the steady nerfs to defense and power. They have probably amounted to 50% worth of nerfs. I’m tired of having to grind a new armour set or change my playstyle every update because the balancing team is stuck in a perpetual buff/nerf cylce reminiscent of mobile games.

1. Release new thing
  2. It’s OP
  3. Nerf it and buff other thing
  4. Other thign is OP
    5.Nerf other thing and buff old thing
  5. why are people complaining

Step 6. rinse and repeat

Correction: Warrior is watching from afar
Savant is getting their shins kicked in by the balancing team for doing literally nothing

I mean, ngl thermo seems alright rn just being another version of boxing speed except with no knockback and has a chance to increase in speed as you land more combos ig

It would make sense that the player should be exhausted after doing combos in an increasing amount of speed, otherwise keeping a constant 1.3x speed is just :skull:

Cubed already said this above in replies but thermo is supposed to be a spammy playstyle, you aint supposed to keep 100% heat meter while you’re resting, and yeah as he also said, get more atk speed and agility

everyone in this thread can attest to the heat drain being impossible to maintain with the fact you must unfortunately move to hit people

this doesn’t help. the bar drain is outright abysmal.

speed is the entire gimmick of the class

Yeah speed is the gimmick of the class which is why the base speed is buffed to 1x but you’re supposed to get faster per combo and not maintain that goofy 1.3x speed, it’s literally the reason why heat drain is paused when you’re doing a move :sob:

Ya’ll tend to forget that fighting style route is a combo playstyle and not the goofy holding attacks, video isnt playing anymore but based on what cube said:

This implies you literally arent doing any combos lmao. Again, you aren’t supposed to maintain heat, you’re only supposed to get faster per combo, that’s the gimmick and not hitting m1 mid-fight to maintain heat, play the class right or else it aint for you frfr

?
the entire point the clip exists is because i did combo…?

streamable link: https://streamable.com/8yuwle

on new thermo this doesn’t give even 30% heat btw, that is the entire kitchen sink thrown

i understand how you play the class, thanks dude. genuine question, have you played 1.12 thermo and 1.14 thermo?

if you want:

then heat gain needs to be 3x what it currently is, or it needs to reward you with 2x heat on a connection. these comments make me think you literally haven’t touched the class

this is because the first part of the video starts with me at full heat, with the extremely low heat drain of 1.12, which I agree is counteractive. however, the current heat drain makes the gimmick useless. it would be nice if people in this thread stopped pretending the style is still viable

1 Like

Massively overnerfed because of an ongoing meta that was a result of warlock/warlord.
There was also little to no playtesting done this update whatsoever.
Those changes got in primarily because of the balancing team adding diversity hires.

Most means of dealing damage with thermofist were also nerfed, such as for a while there was an issue with minimum size on fighting styles, specifically shockwave smash.
Setting it 20% on thermofist wasn’t actually a 5x decrease in overall AoE because it reached the minimum size for this ability, so you were gaining more damage for less of a size penalty continually.
This was removed, that was the primary issue with the style. Thermofist without minimum size on berserker was not an issue, the issue was more with warlocks and thermofist warlord.