What’s your problem with the storyline?

He ruled before 1757 at the minimum, since according to rackham that is when Akursius Keep was established

conflicting reports bc the guy in the mines says 20 years
(source: wiki dialogue)
already refuted this point before while doing my own research tryna find ravenna’s age way back when

can you send me the wiki page that says that? (also wiki isn’t 100% accurate, take for example
when he just didn’t like how the king was acting)
edit: nvm I found it

maybe they say it’s 50 years to give the illusion that it was there for longer than it actually was, and that winterveil never existed

He was thrown in prison for decades without sunlight, It’s possible he just lost track of time

Rackham’s journal is also more trustable since it is a personal anecdote while Gallio probably wasn’t even around when it was destroyed

This is not the first time the old man was wrong as well, he was also incorrect about Winterveil. He said that they didn’t believe curse users to be stronger than mages and that’s what led to their downfall but Neviro’s Journal confirms their beliefs changed after Kessler became the king of Winterveil

Lowkey just sounds like Vetex had 2 separate but similar storylines and didn’t fully flesh them out before he fused them into one. Alot of Ravenna’s history is wonky, but ig that can be explained in lore as one of the Ravenna Royal families’ supposed rewriting and hiding of history to make them seem more grand.

bro that was probably just before Kessler became king

? Bit of a late response but yes, they believed mages were superior to curse users before Kessler. However, it is to be noted that when Kessler ruled for actual centuries before his demise.

It’s safe to say that Winterveil culture would have changed much by then, so the old man’s information is still outdated by a couple hundred years.

1 month late but yeah ok

Oooooh, transition, like going from a berserker build to a mage build!

Ravenna getting solo’d by a lv70-100 dude while fodder pirates in the other seas are probably as strong as calvus

pretty sure this is just for game scaling

kid named ludonarrative dissonance

By Ravenna do you mean Calvus? Cause the mc did not solo Ravenna they had someone with a lost magic and a curse user with a pretty crazy curse backing them up, one of them dealing with the actual strongest person in Ravenna, and the other dealing with whatever guard was in the castello.

If you think the mc beating Calvus is the issue, its really not. Having a lost magic and and assortment of random abilities doesn’t automatically equate to being a good fighter. Calvus can hit pretty hard, but it really isn’t a big stretch of the imagination to say that the mc can beat him through better skill.

AO does have a bit of this, but that’s not what’s happening in what you’re complaining about. Plus ludonarrative dissonance is kinda something a lot of games have to deal with in order to not restrict the player to the point the game becomes less fun, so just pointing it out(though again in this case its not whats happening) doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s a problem.

You dont think a mc with 3 weeks of experience and months of working on the mines with 4 hours of sleep and shit food being able to beat the guy that’s been training with his lost magic since he was a kid + the order giving him all that was necessary to make him stronger is unrealistic?

Make all the calvus savant excuses you want (mc is also a savant lmfao) no matter how you look at it this is a massive leap in logic. Truly the only thing stopping ravenna from being complete fodder is Julian

The recurring allies just come and go out of nowhere. On your first playthrough, you may not even recognize anybody besides Morden.

They don’t establish themselves as friends until randomly when it’s jailbreak time. Warren just took a pit stop where we happened to be at.

Neviro didn’t even pretend to have future importance until he did.

1 Like

By the time the mc reaches Ravenna it had already been multiple months.

1 month

Difference between a dude who learns to utilize their abilities vs someone who just learns an ability and then moves on. Its not really a crazy concept and has been made pretty clear. Just having a wide range of abilities doesn’t mean he’s a skilled fighter who’s gonna land all his hits.

You made multiple false statements in your argument. Either you’re lying for some reason, or you just don’t really know what you’re talking. The stuff with the dates is in the game you don’t have to look real hard for it. Regardless I don’t really want to bother if you’re just gonna say stuff that’s untrue cause we’re not really gonna get anywhere, so I’m just gonna leave it at this.

1 kick 1000 times vs 1000 kicks 1 time

“here in deepwoken its not power vs power its skill vs skill”

its true I got the dates wrong but the point still stands, its a nerfed mc against someone with a stronger magic, years of training and experience and at their prime (not to mention better gear)

:white_check_mark:

:x:
“ok cool i have ironleg crash, and triasta throw, and aether blast”
as opposed to
“i have 5 magic moves, 6 weapon moves, and 3 fstyle moves”

so do you think calvus just uses his magic to light up the room and never fought anyone the order provided?