What's everyone's beef with the balancing team?

ok wait sooooo, there’s 2 teams. vetex on pve and the balancing team on pvp. buuuuuuuuutttttt the pvp/pve balance isn’t seperated???

Hindsight is 20/20, people expected a cone that wasn’t buggy and more lenient.

People did vote on these changes though

PvE balance on the doc only coincides when it directly effects player interaction as well

There’s smth called tester votes which determine most of PvE stuff and I’m not tester so idk how those work

I just wanna have more mobility for climbing and stuff :sob:

isn’t there the jumps? (also for climbing just look sideways and then t jump so you don’t jump away from the wall)

Look man I’m not the villain here I’m just commentating on the issues with this platform :sob:

Like, there’s genuinely been so many suggestions with hundreds of votes that just… dissipate into the void.

remember the jail rework? the whole sea monster bounty system? gone. crumbled into dust. never to be seen again.

Did not know this trick, thank you.

But still, I just think the cone is dumb. The more systems like this you add, the more long affects combat. You can’t use it to read moves anymore, you can’t use it for transport, you can’t do Jack diddly squat besides flying right at people and praying they remain still.

i do think the cone has to be wider to let people predict where oppontents go

also think you should be able to see the cone

They aren’t gone. I’ve said it before, Vetex isn’t looking at community suggestions until he’s mostly through what he wants to add right now.

The issue is, the cone is subject to lag, and it won’t work if you’re using it to read the move of someone outside the cone.

I genuinely do not understand why it exists. Sure, FS users were abnormally mobile, but they kinda needed that mobility. Now most would probably rate Strength as the objective worst stat build (besides Vitality).

The people who would vote on those polls (and be in the balance server) and undeniably hardcore and biased towards the top end experience; you can’t host polls where a fraction of the community exists and expect it to accurately reflect opinions

cuz half of fighting style abilties are hard to land while mages can just to 1k damage with a spell as big as an island

This is completely wrong, it’s mostly vetcord people voting especially since that’s the only place it has a direct link , in fact there’s a poll rn with a few hundred votes if you want to actually express your opinions without venting to your little corner on forums and actually provide feedback.

I guarantee you 99% of voters are not skilled at all

2 Likes

tbh yeah, i feel like strenght could easily be the thing where you have to go close range and also take a beating, but then when outside of your actual fighting range you are pretty mobile as to not get hit as easily.

I don’t care about balancing enough to vote on polls that ultimately won’t matter all that much (especially when they represent a comically small portion of the community)

3 Likes

Bro doesn’t know what a sample is and wdym “ultimately do nothing” we literally add the shit that’s upvoted (for the most part)

Do you think when polling on common issues they poll every single person in the entire planet or an entire country, or even an entire city??

No, you obviously poll a portion of them + if you’re not voting that’s still on you, you never voiced your opinion where it mattered

i cant wait for the average new player to arcane odyssey question why their attacks just go half distance sometimes
i cant wait for the average new player to spend hours grinding for essense thinking they can use the warding enchant with it only to be dissapointed and lose an expensive item
i cant wait for the average new player to question why blast has a 3 second cooldown
i cant wait for the average old (release) player to question why everything just feels weaker than it was on release
i cant wait

but no, as much as i want to say a sample is a good way to process info in this sorta of a game, it really isnt

there are tens of thousands of people who dont join the vetcord because they really cannot care, and from there, even more thousands of people who dont join the balance cord because they might not even know about it

i for one, didnt even know you could join it, i thought it was private

idk dude, this is a more “efficient” way to do these votes but dang does it feel bad to know that thousands of people who actually just played the game and were never part of the community to such an extent dont get an input ever

idk

cant be bothered to argue so upto you if u reply

11 Likes

Stopped believing in balancing for this game while we have so much divide between the Balance/Testers/Dev as we do at the moment considering the lot act like they cannot tolerate the others, let alone public perception of the efficacy of their work.

Having to communicate through what essentially boils down to utilizing a Ouija Board to get your opinions heard on matters is not something I’m not exactly willing to chew through a chunk of my free time with- the constant revolving door of viable playstyles or complete lack of QoL when we keep getting stuff like more and more stat bloating items (even MORE grind for an on par set and things to balance around later) and exceptionally awkward changes that have put SOME playstyles into the dirt is very discouraging.

Continuing to address core mechanics and features while we’re still in early access first and foremost would probably be the most prudent choice unless it’s something that can be abused in what AREN’T the most extreme examples.

2 Likes

I’m 99% sure anyone will notice that it goes farther when they actually aim at a target very quickly

I mean you can bro what are you even saying

Bro is yapping about non-existent changes

Why would a brand new player be questioning the cd in the first place??? It’s just a skill in the game with a cd, also this is heavily exaggerating the actual change.

So do you just hate the idea of balancing in general?? Weaker as in pulsar doesn’t one shot people? Because near everything still has gotten stronger

Then they won’t get a vote, the more active players would logically have more of a say in the game

It’s not like you have to sell your newborn child to vote, it doesn’t matter if not literally 100% of anyone who’s ever touched AO is voting, it’s a vast sample size.

It’s literally pinned and mentioned all the time in vetcord

1 Like