Why do people make lore for their files

A better question is what’s something most people do that doesn’t bother me in here?

It is now

gee what made you change your mind that its bad now

Nothing, this has just been bottled up for a while.

POV: The_elment:

11 Likes

It’s a writer’s thing. If you don’t have the inherent talent to write, well… You kinda end up with your rather brash speech and takes on both writing lore and roleplaying.

These people aren’t 8. You just haven’t seen a quality RP, or you haven’t seen the not edgy shit through the sheer amount of edgy lore (it’s numerous here man).

Again, though, it may just be that talent in writing is the only thing that prevents the toxic views on lore for personal video game characters and roleplaying from both existing in writers, and crippling both mediums.
It’s just fun for those who can write. It’s even better when the person has been putting their writing skills to the test to make it good.

1 Like

DAMN STRAIGHT.
This guy has to be one of the most toxic (Haven’t people theorized he’s 12 too?) people on the forums (that remains, that is)

My man just shuts all the fun down bro

3 Likes

The simple answer is that people like to make stories.

Now sometimes they’re really bad stories, but everyone has their growing pains.

I tend to find that people who make lore for their files are actually making files to suit their lore, not the other way around. They start with lore that they stole from some place else (or think they made up) and make a file for it.

On the other hand, it’s perfectly fine to play the game as a game. But it’s an RPG so the purpose kinda is to create a story around it.

Roleplaying with files then, is the very apex of imaginative thought. One creates a collaborative story using their own individual ideas and meshes each together so as to have fun. It is a step beyond simply writing, because it enables you to really understand your character and yourself.

At the age of 3, most humans begin to develop the ability to reason abstractly. An imagination is crucial for your future development as a sapient organism, so we are rewarded, biologically, for being imaginative.

Therefore, if you don’t enjoy making lore or writing stories then you are quite clearly in some way mentally deficient.

6 Likes

actually as a corollary, if you enjoy reading fiction you must also enjoy thinking of writing fiction even if you don’t actually write anything.

and as a corollary to that, if you don’t enjoy making lore or thinking of characters or stories then you must not like reading fiction.

and if you don’t like reading fiction then there is nothing that modern medicine can do to help you short of LSD.

The longer I read this thread the more I realize this is bait and we’re all falling for it…kek

idk I think he needs to try LSD

honestly if someone really has an issue with people writing then it’s because they are themselves confined. They have no freedom, and they want to impose the same restriction on other people.

Writing, as Roald Dahl said, is absolute, perfect freedom. You have the power to do anything, go anywhere, and live any life you want. As the creator of this thread once said, it’s an escape to whatever shitty lives we live. It’s hope.

The happiest man alive does not need hope, and the most unfortunate no longer has it. Neither of the two need an imagination. The former has all he could ever imagine, and the latter has lost his power to imagine.

As no one can ever be perfectly happy, I can only really feel sorry for someone who does not find joy in imagining. Who does not find beauty in hope. Their life must be the hardest of all.

If it were a story, it would be a sad one.

4 Likes

You can have fun so long as it’s not fuckin 6 yr old type of fun that shit’s wack bro you’re too old to be making gacha life type stories :skull:

It’s a children’s thing and you can’t convince me otherwise, all the file lore I’ve seen is corny as fuck and no way was actually written by a teenage human being

So you’re saying that in all of the online communities I’ve seen I’ve just not seen 1 non corny and edgy piece of lore? How damn rare is it to not see a child type “lore” for a character in a game bro??

Funny, because no one’s ever said that, at least not to my knowledge ever or it was only a tiny amount of times, goes to show that if forumers find someone who isn’t a blatant cock sucker that likes everything they do, they’ll just make up bullshit for the sake of defaming them.

I’m being serious, and this is partially similar to the case above.

And if anything really you lot are the ones making it seem like a “troll” topic, the whole point of this topic was just to express my opinion which is likely unpopular, and maybe explain it a little then move on with my life, not get 900 essay replies over why I’m the modern day Hitler or something.

My issue isn’t because of the sole purpose of people who make lore, it’s the people who go so deep into the shit hole of making lore, and with extraordinary amount dog lore, which I seriously find very hard to believe could be written by someone over the age of 10, that or they’re extremely delusional, it definitely feels like people who make like a full on world and shit are simply in their own bubble of existence and that usually leads to them becoming super weird in several ways, I won’t name names but those people know who they are. If you want to make lore shit at the very least don’t make it sound like some 8 yr old wrote an action/love story for their english assignment.

Now obviously this is a hottake, but yall fr super extra when you don’t find someone agreeable :skull: could be bias but I’m pretty sure I’m not even close to being the “most toxic person on the forum” considering someone showed a literal tutorial on how to make pipe bombs and how someone else doxxed another person, and I apparently have a “mental deficit” because I don’t like people who make corny, delusional, and childish lore for bootleg lego game characters, very realistic and totally not dramatized at all for the sake of trying to make the other person look dumb :+1:

Gonna be my last reply because honestly can’t be arsed to have a 3 day argument with 4 people as we both repeat ourselves just to get to the conclusion that we can’t agree and that we dislike each other.

At the end of the day you can do whatever the fuck you want but it will never be accepted by everyone no matter how good it is, in this case I am that small margin.

idk man i just do it for immersion and fun.
its a lot easier to get immersed in a character when u know the backstory and adapt the choices of that character to the personality.

Are you talking about me? Because this is accurate.

Danny I don’t like reading anymore I need the LSD to make more stories danny where is it

“Why do people have fun making stories for their characters? It’s just so cringe and weird. Why make stories for roblox characters when you could go get some pussy”

1 Like

roblox??? Laughs in boredom and making way to many OCs for way to many stories and games.

1 Like

Yeah that’s you having fun.

Why can’t I un-like this it was misinput

also, this is an incredibly idiotic argument why do you care what other people do

that was pretty funny actually