Why do people make lore for their files

Tell me who this based individual is right the fuck now.

let me put my 10 pence on this.
Sometimes, people like me like to make up stories. We might enjoy the thrill of a fantasy story with magic and fighting.
Oh? There is a game with exactly that which involves making a character with a customisable appearance and name?
So we start getting the ideas down, which what leads to some people making these stories, after all, we get attached to our characters having full customisation of them.

I get where you are coming from. It’s strange to see writers mix with people actually playing the game.

1 Like

Role playing games are meant to be immersive. What’s more immersive than extensive lore and character settings? Please don’t expect people who are trying to enjoy a game in their own fashion to produce high level, quality writing.

:frpensive:

@anon32468667 :skull:

ppl are being creative and you gon go and shit on it just because?

bro calm down

Wtf is up with this thread :moyai:
Yall should just chill

Bullying a guy that had an opinion is what’s going on here, and I stand by it.

1 Like

Wow I love it when people bully eachother based on their interests and opinions! The Arcane Odyssey forums are getting better every day! Happy times! Oh, what a joyous day and age it is to partake in such frivolities!

9 Likes

:sob: im not a bulli rite?

Honestly, it was a good check for me to just realize why I write. Sometimes, taking a step back and thinking on it actually helps you realize your goals, intents, and what you really want. Doing so can bring you forward into your next ideas.

I had a feeling it was bait, but we’re also pretty sure elment is also unaware in a good amount of this stuff. It’s worth the shot we got, if it ain’t a troll and he’s just being his typical self.

I like writing fun stories. Most of them have nothing to do with AO

I did legit read that a few times though, from some people around the forums. Good to know the truth now, though.

I still have to say you’re about as dense as a block of lead, however.

1 Like

Same here. I can’t name the amount of times I’ve tried to write (and sometimes actually succeeded) my own thing.
Arcane Universe as a setting is limited, and it’s not like a writer wouldn’t want to go for some more freedom at some point.

what the fuck happened here

He stumbled across a minexiled fanfic

6 Likes

As I told you, lore writers don’t write lore for their files, they make files for their lore.
What your issue is seems to be just that you don’t think that their stories or lore is good enough for your taste. That’s fine. As far as I can tell, the quality of stories here is only a little above the level of Wattpad.

Really I wonder whether you’ve actually asked yourself why everyone is ganging up on you. The answer is simply that you’re complaining
 about nothing. You have no problem that you want resolved, and you have no solution you’re offering.

The closest thing I see to a problem is that you think the writing on the forums is too low quality. Which is moving the goalposts, you know, from writing in general to bad writing, but I’ll answer anyways.

The reason people write low-quality stories is because they don’t know they’re low-quality. They have not yet matured as authors beyond that level of writing. If you are truly and genuinely concerned, you should be offering to help them and constructively criticize their works, recommending different methods and pointing out flaws.

There are only three solutions to the problem of low-quality work. Firstly, you can choose to look the other way. One of the reasons everyone is hating on you is because you aren’t bothering to simply ignore what you don’t like. This, you see, is a social blunder. It demonstrates a lack of common courtesy and respect.
Secondly, you can choose to help, as I discussed above.
Or lastly, you can improve the content by writing your own.

If you will not do any of the above three, then you are complaining about a problem with a solution that you simply have refused to take. At that point, I would only be able to assume that you are complaining for the sake of complaining.

I understand that you’ve chosen to no longer reply, but I hope my explanation helps you decide what path you should take in the future and also how to avoid angering everyone around you. You see once a person becomes an adult they have to realize that sometimes it is necessary to use better phrasing and act less offensive.

7 Likes

you know I would agree with him if I ever saw something like that

Danny became active again just to shoot a guy with a bazooka, continue to blow his head off with a shotgun, yell at him, spit on his grave, spat at the funeral celebrant, and then opened the coffin to yell at him a 2nd time.

2 Likes

Dont feed the troll, your best course of action is just to proclaim a victory and walk away

1 Like

retri summonéd me (it was a Satanic ritual)

3 Likes