Why everyone actually hates the balance team (theory)

Bro that poll is rigged ony 130 participants :sob:

this doesnt really make sense…

most of the pvers are on reddit and youtube…and discord…the largest gathering of the game’s community

They reduced dodge reflexes without touching ground everywhere from 2 to 1
Impacted quite a bit of out of combat mobility

Ever heard of a sample of a population?
Its hard to get a census, so we use smaller, random samples to represent it
Although, this one is a little biased because its only forumers

well time for me to give my opinion that no one will bother reading and caring about :slight_smile:
im definitely a B, always stuck to lightning conj and hate it when it gets nerfed cause im a casual player. i simply dont want to spend the time getting all the stuff when i could be doing whatever else i have for the game to be playable and hold my own in a fight. you could just say i am unskillful, and i prob am, but i simply dont care about the pvp of this game, and like other comments and replies here, most people dont. i hate how my build gets nerfed because it dealt 3 more damage then it should have, so it deals 300 less in the next update. also, i hate how if one thing is too OP (etc. atk speed from turret mages), all atk speed builds suffer. thats just stupid.
im also a C cause i like trains, why would you “hate train(s)” ?

i honestly dont know what the point of writing this is cause i wasnt trying to disprove you (the point of the post) and wasnt really contributing other than my opinion but whatever big paragraph wow smart

i feel like you think to yourself that your very intelligent :sob:

Part of it is that, sorry
But it’s also I am getting a little impatient with you, especially because of that other topic

What I mean is just don’t state it’s rigged because of sample size
There are other factors that show bias you should look at instead
I think you did that in the other topic

Clearly, you’ve never just had fun in a Guild equivalent playing an MMO before.

not really an MMO player so yea probably

Remember once hearing Vetex doesn’t check balances much because that’s the worst part of development for him, but man so much would be solved if Vetex was willing to mess around with his game a tad bit more.

I’m probably 50% A and 50% B. I don’t really get why they need to redistribute sunken stats and I hate that they keep on nerfing attack speed… even if I do somewhat get why.

yeah, so the whole point still stands. What the fuck is up with the b team and vetex for nerfing that? They’re kinda like roblox’s Nintendo with that crap

I think they looked from a pvp standpoint and said no. A shame. It could be more than that, or they couldn’t add an in-combat system for it

The document explicitly stated in combat but vetex didn’t care enough to do that

2 Likes

Im gonna admit, I hate the bteam because of a fourth option: I read the balance doc, I think “wow, they’re actually addressing the size meta and making changes that I think are reasonable,” then I take a moment and I realize “wtf they JUST noticed this?”

Wow! Who would’ve known that unbelievably large size affinities of things like metal would scale considerably with the current formula with the attack size stat? And make the game unplayable because of how much they lag the server and block a player’s vision?

I’m not the most active pvper but maybeeeeee a few people out there have tried to use a grab attack on a turret mage using THE ultimate turret mage spell (which leaves you stationary in the air, butt-naked) and nothing happened, before they added this into the list of to-dos? I mean, surge has been around for a while now if you don’t mind me saying.

Wait a minute, how long had Axe-Slash gone on for with that bleed inflicting status effect? You’re telling me that thermo fist users get a free synergy from just using a rare technique unlike other fs’s which actually need accompanying magics/weapons?

yeah…

How is it rigged?
You think that I handpicked 130 people to get the exact numbers I want?

If not, 130 is a bigger sample size than I expected when I made it.

can we just like disable pvp entirely at this point so vetex can focus on the actual important aspects of this game (story, lore, fleshing out new moves and adding content for vitality etc etc) and maybe just in the future when all is well and fair THEN we can consider things like balancing and we can maybe have a new wave of tester applications (as well as flushing old some old inactive ones)

respectfully hush bro :sob:

man stfu if you guys wanna pvp why don’t you go do it in elysium

god I’m tired of this pvp circlejerk like you guys aren’t even technically top priority in this fucking game

and yes I am cranky I am up very late at the time of writing this

the dopamine boost from hunting players or whatever tells me otherwise