WOM Reborn?

Isn’t this thatoneguy’s thing

he retired :frpensive:

From the fourms or the “welcome to our club” thing

both, and from roblox too

Thats crazy

The man retired. Besides, why leave welcoming new folks to just one person?

This doesn’t feel the same, no offense

I would be interested, although many have attempted

Rn jarc’s WoM looks like crap, they still have magic and npcs tho
Meanwhile mine, literally the gameplay isn’t even done yet

i getcha. it’s pretty odd for me too.

so uh, links?

wait WHAT?! Thought he was a bot from how eager he was welcoming new users. Damn…you never know what you had

All the best to him

Oh wait wrong link (done)

Here’s the thing: Just remaking WoM wouldn’t be enough. It would still suffer from the same issues (Cultures, lag, lack of travel options, weak story, etc.)
What makes games like AR work is that they are able to keep the core identity of AA whilst dramatically improving upon it. To get WoM it work, many key aspects would need to be reworked or outright removed, such as every single NPC being fully interactable.

AA was discontinued not because it was a bad game, but because it was broken beyond repair.
WoM was discontinued even though it still functioned perfectly, because vetex foresaw problems in the core design of the game that would get worse as development progressed

Honestly I doubt needs a complete story. It was a story where you made your own, albeit poorly done. Maybe more like “storylines” where stories unfold around you. Or have the story not be a “save the world!” one.

But still, the lag from hundreds of randomly generated dynamic NPCs in just 1/16th of the map is a problem that would get unbearable after even just 1/4th of the continent is complete

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.