World of Magic is terribly designed compared to AA

This game is the only roblox game I’ve seen that singlehandedly has the worst gameplay with mediocre visuals. I know, I read the game description it’s getting revamped or something but I’ll be talking about its current issues imo and it’s been 2 years by now with Vetex having more experience than previous games so saying “AA was developed longer” doesn’t especially help.

Guilds

They offer no benefits at all, they literally give absolutely nothing other than unite a group by a name so I really don’t get the point of people’s addiction to “infamy.” If you say it’s to be popular in this 200 player Roblox game then I say that most top guilds got the opposite, most top guilds are absolutely hated because of the counterintuitive system of killing others to get recognition by them. Nobody’s gonna suddenly bow to someone who’s been spam killing them, that’s the dumbest shit I’ve heard. Solo guilds exist purely to ruin the “fun” of the raising of a false sense of popularity in other guilds, they aren’t fun in any way other than people who enjoy shitting on others.

PvP

I don’t like it, it’s absolute shit and I don’t plan to get in it. Imagine liking the pvp of a game where people hit blasts while they fired in the complete opposite direction of you on your screen. For some reason mods always push that there’s “No Meta” when certain magics are abhorrently stronger than others like my magic (Explosion). Compared to the tiny no damage of things Wood which has basically the same damage but much slower and smaller. When I mention this to others they say “synergies are what carry those magics.” I don’t like that idea at all, synergies are made to benefit people who are specifically catering to combos when you can’t just be a normal “explosion” mage, you got to become a “petrify” mage just to compete with others even if you don’t like it.

PvE

The Npcs are horrid where it’s literally all fetch quests where you go somewhere, grab or attack something, and come back. There’s literally no variety besides story quests and the story itself is absolute garbage. Ok I killed some randomly generated bandits/wizards through tracking markers and find a Boss with tracking markers only to no longer progress in the story just because I want this guy’s loot. There’s no tact in it, nor does any of the story or randomly generated text immerse me, it feels like I’m talking to a wall since it doesn’t take any form of response nor is it effected by your actions other than “Bad person attack good person” or “Good person attack bad person.” It’s the most basic and boring reputation system possible.

12 Likes

This is controversy waiting to happen.

7 Likes

skill issue tbh

15 Likes

2/3 are being fixed in TGR, which is basically making the game AA but with extra polish and features

also rn wom is dead dont play it

5 Likes

are people still complaining about the problems with wom not realizing that everything they mention will be fixed in AO :skull:

10 Likes

I mean he’s not wrong about WoM but complaining about the game in its current state is pointless considering the ever so ambiguous TGR.

I agree, the game design for wom is pretty bad (pvp, guilds, and quests are kinda sucky and unpolished)

However, I believe that the base game mechanics are pretty solid (dynamic npcs, custom attacks, and a full open world are almost nonexistent in roblox), and could’ve been implemented way better by a more competent developer

Probably the saddest thing about this post is that most of the people here believe that AO is going to magically fix everything, even though barely anything about the game has been showcased.

Guilds will become more useful in the future, especially in the building update.
PvP is constantly being reworked.
Your PvE complaints have already been fixed in AO, just not published yet.

Your Opinion is terribly designed and unoriginal compared to the rest.

1 Like

At least mine isn’t a fake opinion based on what other people seem to like(Not talking about you specifically).

5 Likes

Based, I respect that

I guess, but we get it, WoM has tons of shitty flaws, we don’t need people making this post for 2 millionth time, it’s repetitive and EVERYONE knows, we don’t care anymore, we already know AO will be 10x better regardless of flaws or not

WoM shit, WeKnow10.

1 Like

this is a shitshow waiting to happen

I’m new to forums so how am I suppose to know how many times it’s been repeated, thanks for telling me though, can you link a few so I can read people’s arguments on them/TGR specifics.

Its not the inherent flaws, its the game’s overall design

Same could be said about AA having its own share of flaws, but with that game I can agree it had better structure and organization

1 Like

What do you mean by “inherent”?

Honestly he made some points, but most of this is negligible thanks to the revamp that’s happening at the moment.

Edit: I personally don’t like client-sided PvP due to what Shady mentioned above, as it is quite bizarre to see blasts that have no reason of hitting you end up miraculously hitting their intended targets anyway, but from what I’m told making PvP server-sided would destroy performance, and no one wants that to happen.

These are the two best ones I could find, also the TGR details post also labels out the obvious flaws

Server-Side PvP is not practical. If you shoot a blast and see it hit the enemy on your screen, it might not deal any damage because the server registers it as not hitting. This would be very annoying since many attacks that land will not do anything. It would be more annoying than the flaws with client-side pvp.

Idk how they do it in AR or AA but can’t they just do that? That’s like the number 1 issue in PvP, hoping it gets changed in TGR.