You can remove one Magic, Fighting Style, or Weapon from the game. What is it?

i’m pretty sure that lightning was AA’s most popular magic so you should probably get ready for a horde

I am part of the horde, but that doesn’t make it not actually pretty trash unless you can apply soaked consistently.

Magic: Plasma. It just generally sucks from what ive seen in my experiences leveling a plasma conjurer and using it as a secondary magic on my poison mage.

FS: Iron Leg. I dont know if theres a specific way to play with it to get a large amount of enjoyment or success, but with how slow and short ranged it looks, i think im better off without it.

Weapon: Shield. I dont use shields at all. Idk if they are especially useful on weapon builds, but it seems like more of a hassle to equip a shield and then block as opposed to blocking and dodging.

Eh, my main file was a lightning mage until I made it a warlock a few days ago. Id say it can be decent, but yeah. Its overshadowed by a crap ton of stuff

The reason I hate thermo is because it’s super strong and will be hard to balance properly without gutting everything it has.

I’d REMOVE magma magic entirely, it’s actually insane that it isn’t a lost magic and some bs like “flare” is. Like do you have any fucking clue how hot magma is??
For fighting style I would remove, it’s gotta go to sailor fist OR boxing. That’s because both of them have bad gimmicks, knockback is essentially useless, and the seawater system is so unbelievably ass even at -5 hunger. Like can you imagine using SAILOR fist in a desert island and you don’t have seawater bottles? Saving up a shit ton of seawater bottles shouldn’t be an intended game feature. I have a rework in mind, but i’m gonna suggest it.
Weapon I would delete, I’d say flintlock and that is for no other reason than multi-shot being cheeks.

It’s actually pretty easy to nerf thermo, just lower it’s speed when not at max heat, and make ranged moves give less heat

you know plasma and lightning are hotter than magma right

didn’t ask + they are actually much more reasonable as magics, not because they’re hot, because they’re traditional fantasy magics, with plasma literally just being any form of energy blast from essentially any form of fiction. Magma has always been an absurdly powerful substance to wield, which is why you’ll see at most 1/10 of characters using magma or lava over lightning

realism hath no part in AO, i have no idea why people even bring it up

Doesn’t a lightning strike generate like 5x more heat than the surface of the sun or something

yea, like 27k c

yeah but does lightning last nearly as long as hot magma does, i think not
lightning is literally a traditional magic in nearly every fantasy fiction I can think of

even the half a second that lightning lasts is enough to kill you or leave you with permanent injuries

I mean, this game doesn’t have to hold up to standard fantasy tropes THAT hard. That’s the thing with fiction. It can be anything the creator wants. I don’t have a problem with hot heavy liquid magic.

but you brought it up first by mentioning how hot magma is

i’d disagree saying that plasma is more specific and that they’re just shooting some kind of pure “magic” or something, but i’m not really 100% sure

Plasma Magic:

don’t care if you said that you didn’t care

remind me to never argue with forumers again they act illiterate

all we said is that there were magics hotter than magma tho

How has anyone here been illiterate? Everyone understood each other perfectly in terms of grammar, at the very least.

cleg?