ADIM: Story Simulation - Chapter IX: Flickering

Writer's Notes

i thought naming my episodes/parts/chaptern’t would be fun

so here i am with new naming tradition, every parts basically get a unique name instead of “no name → The Half Way Through → The Last Part”

(i wont update older ones in their own posts lol)

also im extra happy right now because uh… yeah im just extra happy rn (not because of this chapter itself, but it’s like… something I did while making this chapter teehee)

Rael placed his palm on the wall, feeling its coldness crept up onto his hand. “Do you think we could destroy this?”
      “I guess?” Jean glanced at the others for a moment as Rael asked, as they looked surprised by his question. And she shifted her focus to Aurielle’s floating light orb. “I’m more worried about using our magics here though, you saw what happened to her light, right?”
      “Mhm,” Rael replied as he lifted his palm off the wall. And before he could think of a spell to cast, his wood magic erupted and fired off from his hand, leaving a crater in the wall ahead. He looked at his own hand again, confused by how the spell was cast on its own.
      But with the crater Rael just created, the squad could see a glimpse of their path ahead.
      Aurielle used her light orb to destroy the wall further, leaving a hole large enough for the five of them to get through. When the light orb hovered to the other side, she prompted everyone to follow her there.

After arriving, they saw several corridors ahead. So they had to rely on Aurielle to guide the way again, as she’s the only one who could handle sensing magic in this place.
      As they walked, Rael kept watch of her light orb as it still wobbled. And the more they walked, the more unstable it looked. Aurielle occasionally had to stop, so she could carefully charge her magic, and make sure that the orb wouldn’t hurt anyone soon.

The orb began to flicker. Aurielle moved it away from everyone else, as it continued to shake and grow wildly, until the point the orb exploded and leaked off light magic trails that flew around. Some of the trails floated around in the air, some surrounded the ever-wobbling orb, and the rest poured onto the ground, sweeping the corridor.
      The corridor around them became brighter, but Aurielle had to sweep some of these lights away as they were obscuring everyone’s view. She tried to concentrate her magic again, trying her best to reduce the overflowing light. But the more she focused, the more light trails it burst out.
      Aurielle ran her hand through the light trails, noticing how they dissipated by her touch. “Now this is something…”

With the light magic that oozed out from Aurielle’s orb, she noticed something from a far distance in front of them, and followed along what she saw. The rest followed her too.
      Once Aurielle’s light reached there, an armored knight lying against the wall was seen, his blood pooled beneath. With that armor design, anyone in the squad would be familiar with it.

“The Exiled…?” Jean peeked from Aurielle’s back, just caught up with her.
      Aurielle got down to take a closer look at the body, noticing how bruised the armor had gotten from magic. Along the body, his sword and shield scattered on the ground along with blood.
      She tried to remove his helmet and gauntlets off, struggling with it. So Issac and Ace came to help her, and it revealed to be an unconscious man that only Aurielle recognized.
      He was still breathing and his pulse was still there, but he wasn’t awake.

As everyone was worried about the Exiled, the ground shook violently, startling everyone. As they felt that, Rael and Ace noticed some vivid lights from the path ahead of them.
      “What the…” Ace looked at the lights, and turned back to the Exiled’s body. Jean noticed how the floor and the walls began to crack.

Aurielle tried to wake the Exiled up again, but that was to no avail.
      “Let’s hurry up…” Issac said as he looked at Aurielle, unsure of what to do with Exiled’s body.

The Exiled doesn’t seem to be awake anytime soon, should Rael suggest…
  • Leaving Exiled’s body here. He might wake up on his own after the deal’s done.
  • Splitting up, leaving some of the squad with Exiled while the rest goes after the vibrant lights. (Rael stays with the Exiled)
  • Splitting up, leaving some of the squad with Exiled while the rest goes after the vibrant lights. (Rael doesn’t stay with the Exiled)
  • Carrying (or dragging) the Exiled’s body along with their journey.
  • Trying another way to wake the Exiled up. (Wild card option)

0 voters

3 Likes