ADIM: Story Simulation - Chapter X: Failure

Writer's Notes

to be honest i’m :crossed_fingers: so fucking hard rn, now that it has like 2 chapters before story simulation’s ending

but hey, not gonna expect much from myself so I don’t die from pressure
(i would crumble and die immediately under pressure)

anyways… the poll in this part is a little ‘special’, and i first planned another kind of special poll for this part, but i went “eh i can save that for the really hard climax part”

also yes chapter x’s titles are gonna be negative as hell
Mistake, Failure, and what’s next? take a wild guess and see on incoming tuesday

Rael pulled himself up. Despite some of the pain holding him back, his focus was dead set on heading after Kat.
           And he ran after her—who already went inside the other room with Dacien, ignoring the sounds of his squad telling him to come back.

His magic wouldn’t come out as he prepared to attack her on the run, so he might as well give her the best punch he could’ve given.
           Kat kept walking ahead, ignoring Rael who was approaching her—until the point he launched his fist, to which she replied by casting metal spikes that flew back towards him.
           Rael ducked his head away from the spikes, but some of them grazed through his clothes—which was enough to freeze his nerves. But that didn’t sway the intent to punch Kat in her face. As he took another step to punch her again, he only ended up punching her freezing metal attacks instead of her. His fist froze by punching them, forcing him to shake his hand away.
           He continued to dodge and punch through her incoming attacks, as she finally stopped walking.
           Along with her unknown metal magic, her expression was also cold—as if she wouldn’t hesitate in killing him on the spot. And just by that sight, he knew Kat definitely wasn’t his family. Definitely not.
           She raised her hand in front of her, and strike Rael down with her frost-like metal. But that didn’t stop Rael, as he destroy them with his hands—just to punch Kat again, even if he couldn’t land his fist on her for once. More frost metal spikes flew towards him, forcing him to block them with just his arm alone.
           He didn’t even bother stopping or try talking to her—he just want to take her down, and at least bring her back to the squad.
           “I’m leaving you with him. Just take him down quickly and catch up,” Dacien said to Kat, before he continued towards the path ahead. Rael even tried following him, only to be blocked by Kat’s metal-like magic.
           That’s it. He better take her down right now, he thought.
           With just Rael’s fists and his body, versus Kat’s unknown magic. He rushed in and attempted attacking her again, as Kat blocked his attacks with her metal.
           “What’s wrong with you?” she asked with an icy voice, as she hit him in the head with her magic. But despite its impact, Rael pulled himself up, just to answer her question.

What would be Rael’s answer?
  • “Everything.”
  • “I’m going to end you here!”
  • “What the hell happened to you?”
  • “I give up.”
  • “I just want to have a talk.”
  • “Let’s go home.”
  • Answer her with another punch.

0 voters

But the moment before he could finish his answer, his thoughts turned frozen, numb. A new, yet somewhat familiar feeling rushed through his body.
           And Kat knocked him down with her magic again, not even waiting for the rest of his answer. After taking him down, she ran after Dacien, catching up with him and leaving Rael behind.
           Rael remained on the ground, not having enough energy to continue going after them. And he saw Issac approaching.
           “Can you get up?! You don’t look…” He glanced at his lying body, scanning the damages Kat left on him. “You don’t look so good right now, really.”
           And no matter how much he wanted to get up and chase after Kat, he couldn’t bring himself up right away—as if the new feeling inside him paralyzed him there, or the pain he suppressed finally kicked in.
           The only thing he could muster his force to do was grabbing the wall, and try to pull himself up. By the moment he felt faint after getting himself up, he forced himself to not fall down. He then shook his head after noticing Issac trying to catch him.
           His head felt damn heavy, right now. But he couldn’t let his body stop him.
           He took a deep breath, and used his last strength to run after Kat’s direction to yet another room, which led him to a cave. He later adjusted his balance and walked along the wave’s wall, and noticed a silhouette of Kat, in front of the exit—towards the icy white region.

Everything seemed to get heavier and heavier, what would Rael do?
  • Yell his last words before he passes out.
  • Attack her again, and pass out.
  • Grab her. If he passes out by then, at least he’d slow her down.
  • Pass out on the spot.

0 voters

2 Likes

How do you make yourself write consistently?

1 Like

i’ve been trying to stick to a specific schedule (3 parts on specific days in the week/1 chapter a week, a break week, then repeat)

and for the writing part, i did writing sprints (i do 5 mins at time, and it took around 3-4 sprints per part) to get the first draft out quickly, and shaved some hours for the rest of the day to tie things together and edit it

2 Likes

For me I just have the plan in my head.