ADIM: Story Simulation - Chapter X: Mistake

Writer's Notes

damn it’s chapter x and february already

feels weird when i know one of my longer stories is slowly coming to the end, idk, i haven’t finished a project like this successfully. (successfully as in I don’t give up half way through)

uhhh

ty for reading this :hi:

(totally didn’t want to say this to lower your guard down before I begin chapter X)
(i swear)

Rael was about to approach people in the room himself, but as he was carrying the Exiled’s body, he interrupted, “Stop!”
           Before Jean could try dragging Rael away to hide him, the masked figure tilted their face in Rael’s direction, not saying anything. The dagger still remained in their hand.
           “What were you thinking?!” Jean whispered, now that she was hiding behind Rael instead of peeking from the room’s entrance.
           Rael didn’t reply, as he only stared back at the masked figure. Aurielle only backed away after a second of Rael’s shout, before she accompanied him.
           “Guess who’s back,” the masked figure said, looking at the unconscious body in front of them. And once Rael actually paid attention to the knocked-out one’s features (that looked awfully like his), he recognized her as Kat. Her exposed skin had grey marks and symbols, reminding him of the magic circles he saw from others.
           Aurielle grabbed Rael’s shoulder as she recognized the figure’s voice. "That’s Dacien.”
           The masked one—or Dacien traced the dagger on Kat’s skin. With each area it touched, her nearby grey marks glowed blue. He glanced at Rael and Aurielle, who poked their heads out from their spot again, and paused—as if he’s waiting for a reaction from them. But after a moment of awkward silence, he tilted his head, as if to express a grin beneath his mask. “Well, if it wasn’t the twin—”

Rael stopped listening, as his head let the rest of the sentence fly past his head. Kat definitely wasn’t his family, to him, at least. She couldn’t be.
           But that wouldn’t change his major priority here. Not at all, he believed.
           For now, he’s left with a few things to bother with: deal with the Exiled’s body first and stop Dacien. He could let the rest of his squad deal with the interrogation part later.
           Rael shoved the body he carried in Aurielle’s arms and rushed inside the room.
           No magic spells flew out this time, only Rael’s fist flying towards Dacien, who welcomed Rael with a stab that pierced through his thick clothes. Upon pulling the dagger out, the magic impact released itself from the cut, sending out magic shockwaves that sent Rael to the ground, cracking the floor and walls.
           And before Rael could attack again, Dacien used the same dagger to stab Kat in the chest, making her marks bright blue, followed by a sharp magic explosion that flung Rael’s body against a wall. The greyish-blue magic energy erupted from her body and filled the entire room, covering everyone’s vision. Aside from feeling sharp chills from the magic down his body, he also heard loud crashes along with the sounds of his squad outside—then their sounds stopped.
           Once the magic energy faded, he first noticed Kat standing upright, facing away from him. She’s about to head towards another room with Dacien, while Aurielle was gathering the rest of the squad together. The walls that covered them were left in ruins. From their state, the explosion definitely scarred the other four.

He dragged himself up, as he recognized the opportunity to go after Kat and take her down along with Dacien. This explosion was definitely his fault. And he better make up for this mistake himself, before he could dare to look at the squad again.
           But did he want to make amend for his own mistake, or did he want to save Kat?
           He couldn’t tell. His latter reason was already buried deep in the back of his head.

• Shake away the whole ‘make up for his mistakes’ idea, and return to the squad.
  • Go ahead, follow after Kat and Dacien, and make up for his own mistakes.

0 voters

2 Likes

Oh thanks for referencing me in the title! :blush:

1 Like

hunt him down

1 Like

damn bro don’t do that to yourself

2 Likes

oh man i didnt account for the possible self-depreciating jokes for the rest of chapter x