Average Day in Magius: Story Simulation - Chapter II: The Half Way Through

Writer's Notes

mmmm might as well make new posts for each new part in a chapter

I don’t have a consistent schedule for story simulation rn
but I’d like to finish this story someday!!!

also I tried aligning the storyteller’s messages in the center, so they kinda have a different vibe from the story itself

if this aligning makes this worse, feel free to tell me in replies!

- Loren

Well, we were stuck at the part where Rael and Jean fought with some boy and the bandits, right?

I have a piece of good news — this fight will end soon.

What’s left after this fight? Well, that’s approaching anytime.

Sit back to your damn seats, and I’ll tell ya more about what goes down here.

The sun was still scorching this grassland of bronze. And it’s worse with the boy blasting Rael’s fist away with his fire magic, and searing his arm.

But Rael’s burning arm didn’t matter to his thick skin. Instead, he blasted some bandits away from Jean. And continued knocking them off with his brute. Rael’s brute against bandit’s blades didn’t do too well though, as he got cuts here and there, upon taking one down.

Rael might be scratched by the blades on his side, but Jean’s attention was still on avoiding the attacks and knocked the remaining bandits out — one by one with her magic’s nimble lights, until the boy decided to attack her next with his flames. He knocked her off from the dodging motions. But as Jean had been trying to dodge away as swiftly as possible, she pulled herself up and engaged in this game of chase, away from the boy’s attacks.

During the run, the boy stopped the chase for a bit to give the armed bandits a hand signal. With that, the bandits had given up on pursuing Jean and trying to take Rael down, then scattered away to their own camps.

With this moment of the boy being seemingly off guard, Jean fired her light discs before sending out light blasts, and Rael fired out his wood chunks towards the boy.

Jean’s light discs tapped the boy’s back, prompting him to fling himself above with flames, avoiding the next attacks. And he cast the “Swing!” spell — the one that fired off rains of fiery beams — towards the two on the ground. The rains of flames showered on the two, and Jean hurled herself away from those.

And there’s Rael who hadn’t regretted being scorched and slashed — he cast out a wood pillar to reach the boy above and grabbed his leg. He then pulled the boy down with earth’s gravity, slamming both down onto the ground. Jean then headed towards the two, and pressed the boy down into the grass with her skin-close light blasts, while Rael continued locking the boy’s leg with his force.

The attempt to bury the boy into the grasses had ended short, as a fire magic circle surrounding the three was drawn on the ground, followed by a muffled voice.

And everything there exploded into blazes, with all three being flung away along with the rising flame pillar.

The boy landed first nearby the explosion’s vicinity, as he coughed out some dirt and particles. Jean and Rael landed in the opposite directions away from the boy. As the flame pillar faded, Rael and Jean rushed to attack the boy, who’s still trying to get a breath. But both had to stop, as powerful magic energy — like the volcano’s heat — had waltzed towards the boy.

A hefty figure who’s as large as Rael crouched down, and patted the small boy on his shoulder.

“You’re doing great, Hifumi. Now take a rest, you’ve been traveling and fighting. I’ll deal with these two… myself.”

The figure’s gentle voice and expression comforted the boy, who’s now called Hifumi. Before glancing towards Jean as an observation, and towards Rael as an intriguing sight. Then she let Hifumi head off.

“And you, over there! This isn’t about him anymore!”

The figure commanded Jean who’s trying to go after Hifumi, while gesturing for Jean to pay attention to her. Jean stopped, as her eyes’ expression became uneasy by the sudden takeover, and more specifically, the vibes this figure gave off. She resembled Rael’s appearance with few exceptions — eye color’s placement, a scar on her face, her ponytail, and this uncomfortably confident aura coming from someone who only adorned a simple outfit.

“I’m Kat, full name Katrina. Everything else about me is on the Magius news. And you two — Jeanelle Arbor and Rael Mills — did the good ol’ council order you to destroy the bandit’s camps here?”

The figure — Katrina — glanced at the two once again as they were left in a skeptical look towards her.

“You know, I knew where did you two come from already. But I do wonder though, would you two continue being quiet like that, if…”

Kat grabbed out a torn purple piece from her pocket and showed it in front of the two. Upon the two’s attention on the piece, Jean recognized the purple.

“Wait, where the hell did you get that from?!”

Concerned about the piece and someone she remembered, Jean rose up and attempted to snatch the piece away with her magic. Although it’s later prevented by Kat gripping Jean’s wrist, pressuring Jean to not cast any magic. As Kat’s putting the piece away from Jean, she looked at Rael who seemed to be confused.

“I’m sure both of you have met this knight I took this piece from — have you heard of a person who goes by ‘The Exiled’?”

After Kat’s hint, Rael’s realization finally kicked in. The knight who led him to Aurielle and the man whose Jean seemed to have an attachment towards — according to what he once heard from Jean… And then here’s this Kat, who came out of nowhere with a piece of that knight.

“Well, I might as well explain myself. I’m here to stop the ‘violence’ coming from the self-proclaimed heroes. That’s why I need to stop the exiled and people like you two.”

Kat sighed as she looked down onto the two, who were looking at her with a rising suspicion.

“Well, tell me then. What does peacekeeping mean to you two?”

“And if you answer with something like ‘defeating villains who cause destruction’, you’re no different than the Dark Arts people you considered evil. We’re trying to defeat the ‘evils’ like you two too.”

“Would you like to answer with your hypocrisy, or would you like to answer with your own dog-like obedience?”

How would Rael reply to Kat?
  • “I don’t know, I’m just following my own directions.” Then proceed to let Kat wonder what’s inside Rael’s head. What kinda direction is he following?
  • “Yeah, it means defeating evils, no matter what cost.” Then proceed to let Kat laugh over Rael.
  • “Actually, it means defeating someone like you. You’re just trying to make us waver.” Then proceed to attack Kat.
  • For the confusion from everyone, attack Kat without saying anything.
  • “Off-topic, but are you related to me?” Since he’s intrigued about his past before being adopted, he might as well ask about a potential relative.
  • “Jean, you’re going to answer this for us.” Ask Jean to answer this, might get an awkward reaction from the girls, but whatever.
  • “Wait, hold up.” Then let Rael reflect on his own methods in silence. Jean may either help him answer, or Kat may ask Rael to join her.
  • “You know, you seem pretty cool and I’m going to stop any further fights. Wanna hang out later?” Rael figured they could hang out somehow, possibly trying to get her to join his journey too.

0 voters

And now, it’s time for the fun part!

I’m being extra kind today, and I’m letting y’all reply with two answers. They might affect Rael’s viewpoint in the future, but who knows?

5 Likes

Fun times, some parts feel iffy but that just be the story teller.
Nice job.

1 Like

the storywriting itself aint really on storyteller part (I don’t feel like excusing my writing with ‘it’s the storywriter!!!’), so feel free to tell what’s off!

These two sentences here definitely feel they should be connected, mainly because of how you started the second sentence. Why I brought up the storyteller as I thought this may be intentional.

Whipped what out? Context tells me that she is defeating the bandits but the phrase by itself is confusing imo. Unless you mean wiped as in she is cancelling out attacks with her magic.

Same as the first one, I would imagine a comma to connect the two.

Everything else honetly feels like the story teller’s unique style, which I give you propts for, writing different styles like this would be challenging.

1 Like

ight I’m editing those parts you pointed out, pretty sure the stuff you pointed out are pretty much a mistake/slip from my part

…as i said before

SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP MOTHERFUGGA

which ship again we got a new girl

what if i said rael needs two girls

what

you heard me

are you sure about rael n kat one or did you mean rael n auri for the another pair aside from rael n jean

fuck it all of em ez

jkjk auri and rael sounds wrong

how old is auri in this canon

somewhere around 25-30, rael is around early 20

but yea mentor n student pair always sound wrong

i always thought auri and dacien were like super old but had those young’n bodies ae

1 Like

i round their age to be younger than kds so yea

i sense bias

mmm maybe