Average Day in Magius: Story Simulation - Chapter III: The Half Way Through

Writer's Notes

my russian roulette style motivation has worked in my favor, after attempts of trying to hack the funny system!! B)

its been almost two months since the last part haha

man. i wonder if the rust has caught up.

but hey, I’m determined to finish story simulation!!!
for my ocs, and the wom characters lore i fucked up really hard!!!

oh yeah if you’re wondering about ali mentioning about jamil stealing their shit during the last part

jamil’s now here to explain this case from his side!!!

-Jamil

Welcome back, everyone.
We were last at Rael and Jean recovering at a house, it seems?
This will be a nice recovery part, as we halted right at the point the tension has gone down.

Did Ali accuse me of stealing their gift during their turn?
Hmm. Did I steal it? Did I not steal it?

The sun had passed its peak today, and Rael doubted Aurielle would return anytime soon. Though at this time, he found himself exploring Jean’s living room once again for their lunch meal ideas, as he’s not too familiar with the Alalean cuisine and he wanted to help Jean out in a way.
     Once Rael got his hands on a recipe book with notes in different handwritings, he got a rough idea of what to cook, since a few techniques in Alalean cuisine were used in Doomyrian cuisine too. All that’s left was buying some extra ingredients from certain stores in bell Village, as noted in the recipe book. He couldn’t tell who wrote the notes, but he was grateful for them.
     Since Jean didn’t tell when she would come out of her room, Rael decided to use this opportunity to grab his bag and explore the village outside, with his main priority of buying the cooking ingredients. The Bell Village was tiny, but it was good for Rael who had to hop between buildings and buildings to get the ingredients.
     Thanks to Rael’s priority on food, he returned from the trip with more ingredients than he first expected. But once he headed back to Jean’s house, he noticed a small sign in front of the building.
     And he figured out this house belonged to Issac Cutlass.
     The familiar feeling Rael got from this place’s location finally clicked. Issac Cutlass, the Magic Council soldier he countered a few days ago. And there was one time Issac brought Rael to this house for a meal too, though he hadn’t seen Jean back then.
     Rael headed inside the house with the food ingredients, and it’s time to cook some lunch for himself and his ally.

As moments had passed with him cooking — now working on final dishes, he noticed a dumbfounded Jean, who just left her room and watched Rael cooking.
     He was a little surprised with Jean in a simple shirt and her hair down. But reaction-wise, Jean was more surprised with Rael suddenly cooking out of nowhere.
     “What… What’s this for…?”
     Rael gestured towards Jean and himself, before plating the final dishes on the table, and finally digging in. Jean watched the cooked dishes, and placed herself on the opposite side of their dining table. Though she was bewildered by this sudden feast, she started eating after a while.

“… So you’re telling me, you’re this hungry?” Jean asked as she glanced at the dishes Rael just finished. Though the number of the dishes Jean just finished was no different.
     “Yeah. I thought you’d be hungry after the fight, and the Ice Magic thing too.”
     “Ice Magic, huh…” Jean’s expression turned uneasy, as the reason she isolated herself earlier was brought up. “Do you mind if I… Uh, share something about it?”
     “Nope, go ahead.”
     “Alright, this is going to be a long story, so I’ll deal with these first…” Jean picked up all the dishes on the table and insisted to wash them herself, despite Rael offering to help her out.
     While Jean was washing the dishes, she began telling the story while Rael was still sitting at the nearby dining table.
     “So back then, I was really pissed at that Kat girl. She reminded me of a few terrible people I’ve met. Being attacked by her kinda brought back some memories…”
     Jean placed a few dishes on a drying rack before continuing, while Rael listened as he watched her scrubbing the dishes.
     “So yeah, I kinda froze when she was trying to kill me with an attack. But even if it felt numb, something in my he—”
     She stopped with a pained squint, with a dish gripped tight in her hands.
     Rael hurried out of his seat. “Jean, you good?”
     “Yeah… Yeah. The headache’s acting up, haha.” Jean tried to lighten up with a nervous chuckle. Though she did terrible with masking the pain, so Rael picked up the dish she was washing.
     “Huh, I’ll help wash the rest instead then. You can continue the story later.”
     “Hey—”
     “Get a rest.”
     “I’m fine, Rael. I can handle this headache.” As Jean tried to get the dish back from Rael, she decided it would be better if she grabbed a new one and continued the task from there.

All the dishes now ended up at the drying rack, even if the washing process was filled with an awkward silence. Though Jean finally broke the silence when she returned to the dining table, to continue the story of unlocking her magic.
     “Uh, where was I again… Oh, right, the head. It’s like my head was cracking itself, then it just exploded.”
     “Huh, did that hurt?”
     “I’m sure it would hurt like hell, if it weren’t for the numb feeling I had before. You know how you still feel somewhat off, even if everything seems pretty fine?”
     “I don’t really get that.”
     "Oh, well. It’s just a weird feeling… " Jean glanced at Rael’s worried expression, assuming he would have his opinions about the unlocking second magic. Then she remembered one thing. “Wait, do you still have the map from the bandit camp?”
     “I think, yeah.” Rael looked for his bag by the dining table, before grabbing a map from it.
     Jean left the table to her room, before returning with a small pile of papers and spreading them out on the table. Maps of towns and buildings, blueprints of tools, and sketches of several wizards — all stolen from the bandit camp at the Bronze Grasslands, now placed on the table. She then tapped on the map of the Silent Tower, each cells detailed with brief information on some prisoners, and some notes on the Magic Council guard and captain’s shifts. “Wait, when did you last fight the Minotaur again?”
     “I’m sure it’s the day before I met Aurielle and you, and it’s around…” Rael glanced at his fingers to count the days. “…four days ago.”
     Jean scanned the map, before noticing a cell at the top of the tower, noted with “The Minotaur - next captain shift”. And on the notes about Magic Council members, the captains’ names were listed, and Rael could only recognize one name from there.
     “Levi Silver… I remembered seeing him there after recovering from the fight, seems like it’s been his shift,” Rael brought up while Jean left the table again to look for something from a shelf, before she grabbed out a calendar.
     After a while of checking the calendar, Jean’s eyes widened as she turned to Rael, asking him for a favor as she shoved the calendar back.
     “I’m bringing the map to captain Levi this afternoon, are you coming with me?”

Will Rael travel to the Silent Tower with Jean? (You may reply to this post with any additional action you want Rael to do.)
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Kat — who just left the Bronze Grasslands, arrived at a statue on the Mount Seawatch — a mountain placed towards the north of the Silent Tower.
     After arriving, Kat looked up towards nearby woods, and waved at a man who’s been waiting for her on a tree branch. “Are we talking on the tree, or what?” she chuckled.
     The brown-haired man looked down at Kat, exposing a glimpse of his half-burnt face to her. “Just report from down there. This tree isn’t big enough for two.”
     Kat nodded. “Got it. Two so-called heroes decided to visit the grasslands today, and three camps towards the south-west were destroyed and almost all of them were injured, but none of them were dead or arrested.”
     “Just two, right?”
     “Yeah, and I got them to back off, since Hifumi was taking on those two alone.”
     The man looked down at Kat, his eyebrows raised. “That kid? How is he doing?!”
     “Still alive and standing, and he’s been helping out with the injured ones. I’m certain he would be ready for your next plans, Dacien.”
     “Good, good,” the man, or Dacien sighed, as he swung his legs from the branch. “Say, have you hovered on the air before?”
     “I’ve tried using the hover spell a few times before, still not too used with it.”
     “I see, you think you can teach Hifumi to balance himself in the air in an hour? I’ve got a tool for him.” Dacien grabbed out two pair of shoes — a large one, and the much smaller one. As he grinned, his eyes seemed to sparkle. “Ever heard of sky skates?”
     “I haven’t. Are they supposed to be those things?”
     “Not exactly, since it’s one of those ancient forgotten tools. But I’ve figured out how to recreate and adapt them to the current Magius, so I’ve decided to let you and Hifumi try these out. Think of it as a hover spell, but it can go up and doesn’t really take magic energy.”
     Kat was dumbfounded by the tool Dacien just introduced, before asking him a question. “Is this for the next plan?”
     “Not yet, though I’m letting Hifumi use it first, since he hasn’t learnt hover spell and seems pretty uncomfortable with being carried. We can’t just throw the kid to the ground and expect him to run after us too.” As Dacien explained, he turned towards the north. “Another question, can your spell handle hovering a part vastus?”
     Knowing who was Dacien talking about, Kat thought about the weight of the person she may need to carry later. “I’m not too confident about it.”
     “Alright. If I ever accidentally drop a part vastus on you, I’ll just dab you with enhancement spell then. If all else fails…” Dacien grimaced. “Be prepared for the run of your life.”
     “Understood.” Kat nodded.
     “Good. I trust you and the kid to make it out alive if all goes wrong. Say, do you remember the two heroes you mentioned again?”
     “Rael Mills and Jeanelle Arbor, both appeared on the news before.”
     “Aurielle’s students, I see…” Dacien’s tone was grim, though it lightened up later. “Well, guess the twins finally met each other, it seems?”
     “What?”
     Dacien sighed. “Didn’t you tell me about your supposedly dead twin before? Rael was adopted by Soren Mills from Doom Village, and you mentioned a lot about your family’s lies, and he literally looks like you — the pieces are all there.”
     “… Soren Mills, huh.”
     As Dacien watched Kat whose shoulder looked less tense, yet her eyes were still distracted, he jumped down from the tree and landed in front of her.
     “Katrina, listen. Whatever the Leos family has done doesn’t matter right now, you’re with the Dark Arts’ family. And we still have our main goals to be accomplished.”
     “I’m aware.”
     “But I have a promise though, once we’ve secured the guild, you can take your time to uncover that family’s secrets with our support.”
     “…Wait, what?”
     Dacien rose up, as he patted Kat on the shoulder with a reassuring smile.
     “Let’s go. We’re picking up an old friend today.”

5 Likes

unanimous decision

1 Like

jean simps smh

Guys the plan is to ruin their relationship
:troll:

1 Like

I only simp for rael

1 Like

valid