Average Day in Magius: Story Simulation - Chapter III: The Last Part

Writer's Notes

i’m back from the dead

i think I’ve figured out how to work with a wall that’s preventing me to write
hope this story’s continuation won’t get skewered up by school, starting tomorrow

-Isaiah

It’s been a long time since we’re here together, how was your journey?
Oh, I meant your whereabouts before arriving at this place.

I see… I’d like to see what everyone is up to some time.
But eh, it’s not like I could follow you home,
or leave this place.

Anyways,
we were at the part where Jean found a map of Silent Tower and asked if Rael is coming with her, right?
Then it ended with a short moment between Kat and Dacien.

The end of this chapter would focus solely on Rael and Jean’s side, since everyone else will be arriving later.
Now, let the story continue.

“Yeah, I’m coming,” Rael replied to Jean’s invitation to the Silent Tower. He then gathered the scattered maps and papers on the table, and topped the stack with the tower’s map and notes on the Magic Council members’ shifts. Later, they grabbed their bags, split the papers up, and packed them down. Jean then grabbed the coat from her room, and they’re now ready to leave. Aurielle wouldn’t be returning anytime soon, so they might as well pass the time with this short trip.
     From Bell Village to Silent Tower, they crossed the river and followed the forest’s paths. As they traversed the forest together, Rael felt Jean clinging to his arm. But considering how her eyes were focusing on heading towards the tower, he didn’t bother her.
     After arriving at the entrance of the Silent Tower, both headed inside. The commissioner at the desk recognized Jean and greeted, then she placed the suspiciously-detailed map of Silent Tower in front of them. Rael then watched her trying to get her words out with wavering arms.
     “We found these from the camps at the grassland,” Jean said, as she grabbed out even more maps they got from her bag. She then brought the attention to the tower map with a few taps, specifically at the spot with prisoner notes. "And uh, how do I word this… "
     The commissioner nodded as they followed her, and Jean stopped around the Minotaur’s cell in the map. She then tapped on the written note that said, “The Minotaur - next captain shift.”
     Upon noticing the note, the commissioner raised their eyebrows as they realized what that could mean. With the knowledge of the captain’s shift schedule and the context, they glanced above and down to Jean. “Captain Levi’s upstairs. He’ll know what to do next with… this.”
     Jean thanked the commissioner as she bowed, and followed Rael who had already headed upstairs.

On the second floor, both found a silver-haired Captain chugging down a mug of coffee while dicussing something with two other guards. And Rael recognized both of them; Issac and Ace, the soldiers who told him Aurielle’s whereabouts. Once Rael notice the shades on the silver Captain, he knew that was Levi, the only captain around who wore shades inside a building.
     Issac noticed Jean behind him, and smiled in acknowledgement as the Levi continued their talk, until he noticed Jean’s head poking from Issac’s behind and Rael standing in the background.
     “Yo, tiny lass and not tiny lad!” Levi interjected, as he placed the coffee mug on the railing nearby, and noticed the papers Jean was holding. “What’s that?”
     “Oh, we found these maps at the bandit camp, and your name is on this one,” Jean replied, as she rearraged the papers so Levi would notice the tower’s map first. Rael approached her, grabbed more papers out from his bag and gave them to her.
     “Huh, interesting. Let’s see…”
     Levi accepted the papers from Jean and scanned them. His silence intrigued Rael, but he knew better than to interrupt someone who’s concentrating in his own silence.

As he finished checking out the first few papers and skimming through the rest, Levi adjusted his shades with the unmoving expression, hiding his eyes from everyone else, despite the fact no one here could read his thoughts from the usual slight grin. No one could really tell, especially Rael.
     “Ace and his squad will be coming with me upstairs. And for Issac’s squad and everyone else, return to your spots.”
     After Levi had ordered the soldiers, they split to their locations throughout the Silent Tower, as more soldiers from downstairs were going up and vice versa. While Rael was watching everyone else going to their own spots, Jean followed Issac downstairs. Levi, his coffee mug, and the few others had already gone upstairs, leaving behind some unfamiliar soldiers arriving at the current floor.

Before Rael could step out and follow someone, a boom echoed throughout the tower.

• Rush downstairs
  • Stay at the current floor
  • Rush upstairs
  • Straight up go outside

0 voters

3 Likes

Stand still.
Get some donuts

pray to the storyteller gods that they’ll have donuts in silent tower or something

1 Like

True police