Average Day in Magius: Story Simulation - Chapter VII: The Half Way Through

Writer's Notes

another part of messing around with wom canon

also I lowkey wonder if making adim is now weird considering how magius is basically not canon

(click on the series’ logo between the arrows to view terribly written summaries, if you want to catch up quickly)

Once again, the story continues.

Inside the cavern where Rael and Jean tried to reach before the bridge was cut, there was a hidden hideout.
     Hifumi, being one of the people who hid in this dark hideout, peeked at the broken bridge outside. “You really stabbed him like that, huh?”
     Along with Hifumi, there’s only a shadowy figure beside him inside the hideout. “That’s only his second warning,” the shadow figure replied.
     “I thought you’d cut him into pieces or drown him, or something like that.”
     “My mission was to guard, not to kill.”
     “But what about the shadow clones? And the explosion I helped with?”
     “A warning.”
     “Oh.”
     As Hifumi talked with the shadow person, the shadow placed his hand on Hifumi’s head, ruffling his hair. He ducked his head, unsure if he wanted the shadow person to pat his head.

Hifumi couldn’t do anything right now, unless he counted hiding and following the shadow along.
     As he thought of someone, a figure flashed across the broken bridge to find Hifumi and the shadow person.
     The figure—Dacien hovered in front of the two, drenched. He crunched something in his mouth before he started speaking to Hifumi and the shadow. “I’m heading off, take care of yourselves. And Jarl, don’t let the kid get killed.”
     “Roger.” The shadow figure—Jarl nodded, still in his shadowy form.
     And Dacien left.

Hifumi didn’t even get to greet or bid a proper farewell to Dacien. He had no idea what would Dacien wanted him to do next, except to stay alive.
     “Do you want to follow him?” asked Jarl.
     “Hmm…” Hifumi then shook his head slowly, unsure about what would Dacien be up to next. “I don’t know.”
     “He’s heading to Summer Hold. Do you want to follow him?”
     “Wait, why would he get there again?”
     “Revenge, and another step closer to the guild’s goals. Now answer the question.”
     Hifumi paused for a little to think, before nodding.
     Jarl’s shadows enveloped him, blending both of them into the darkness. “Your master would be proud of you. Let’s go.”

Looking at how Kai wanted their answers, Rael turned to Aurielle, pointing at himself and Jean. “I- We’re going with you.”
     “I’ll be heading back then,” Kai said, turning away from the trio. He then ran back to the village.
     Something about Kai didn’t sit right, but Rael didn’t ask any more questions about the man. He’s just a weird stranger to him, and maybe a scary stranger to Jean.
     “Alright then,” Aurielle said, “let’s head back to where we left the rowboat.”

From the Brigand’s Landing to the unnamed area, the trio headed there with Rael’s and Jean’s hover spell. Upon arriving at the rowboat, Rael grabbed the bag he left before jumping into the water.
     With the whole time they spent inside the underground dock-like place, Rael thought the time would’ve already passed for hours. But as he thought about what happened there, he would’ve gotten killed if he stayed there longer, and Aurielle would be even more exhausted. So that’s a good thing.
     As the sun shined on the swamps from right above, Rael grabbed out the food he packed and ate it with Jean, along with Aurielle.

Once Aurielle finished her lunch and charged up her magic, she summoned a light hovering platform. She had her students get on it, and took a shortcut to Summer Hold across the waters.
     When they almost reached the shore, two fiery energy clashed in the air above their destination. It was comparable to the fight Aurielle had earlier, so she got down on the shore and ran to the city. Rael and Jean followed after her.
     They got into the city’s gates, and most of the citizens either hid inside their houses or watched the fight. The trio recognized Dacien from a distance above. And Aurielle also recognized the king.
     “What the—” Aurielle turned to the nearest citizen who was watching the fight. “What happened here?”

“Uh… That maniac ran into the king’s place out of nowhere, caused some real nasty ruckus inside the keep, and then this…” They looked into the sky as the two figures continued to battle, flames shooting out and fading away in the air.

As Rael and Jean also listened to the citizen’s response, they looked around for any other signs of attacks, aside from two people fighting in the air.
     Unharmed city walls, perfectly fine houses, and guards surrounding the tall keep. If they didn’t hear about the ruckus inside the keep, the situation would seem like the usual to Rael.
     “Hey, could you check if there’s anyone there?” Jean asked as she stopped Rael from wandering around. She then pointed at an entrance to the keep above them, connected by the city’s walls. Rael walked away, looked for anyone guarding the entrance, and shook his head.
     Jean nodded then pointed at a tower at the city’s corner. She moved her finger up, along the walls, and towards the keep. “Are you coming with me?”

• Go with Jean to see what happened inside the keep
  • Head towards the guards surrounding the keep
  • Get as high as he could, and interrupt the fight from there
  • Interrupt them with beam spell from where Rael was

0 voters

2 Likes