Average Day in Magius: Story Simulation - Chapter VII

Writer's Notes

im sleepy

thats it for todays notes

wait i forgot this ep was one of those chapters with one of those ‘bnt tampers with wom character canon lore’ moments (i mean, i technically tampered a lot with canon stuff when it comes to aurielle/dacien. but like they haven’t shown up in the game at all and we barely know shit about them except funny 2nd magic person)

also i had been thinking about the storyteller’s existence and stuff since wom part is deleted from arcane lore document

they’ll explain what happened to them/what the fuck are they sometime later dw

Note: there are terribly written summaries for what happened so far in SS, click the logo thing between the arrows and scroll down to the Story Simulation part (if you want to quickly catch up at the cost of me terribly retell the plot points)

Kai charged his magic, determined to stop Aurielle’s battle on his own. Jean reached out to his shoulder as she watched how the magic attacks clashed and exploded without a stop.
     “Uh, I don’t think this would—”
     Kai glared back at her over his shoulder, making her back away by that look. “Just get to the village and wait. What’s so hard about that?”
     Jean only replied with a sound of defeat. As Kai continued to charge his magic after the mild interruption, Rael stepped in from behind.

Before Jean could stop Rael, he struck Kai hard in the shoulder, stopping the charging process entirely.
     “What was that for?!”
     “You think you’re taking them down like that?!”
     As Kai and Rael raised their voices, Jean backed away from the two even further. Kai glanced at Jean and the rest of the soldiers, and sighed.
     “Okay, fine. Who’s going to stop those two then?! They’ve been going at it like there’s only two of them!”
     Instead of answering right away, Rael asked Jean if she’s doing okay and talked to her for a bit, before he turned back to Kai.
     “She said we could interrupt them from here, with someone’s magic.”
     He looked at Kai expectantly and Kai nodded.“Fine. Alright. I’ll do that.”
     He went back to charging his magic, until his magic energy concentrated on his arm. He waited for the magic to charge before blasting at the fight with a Plasma magic spell.
     “Fire!”

The attack went through the fighting opponents.
     It didn’t hit them, but it did catch their attention and made them fall and land on their magic platforms.
     Noticing the number of people on the bridge, Aurielle’s opponent hastened back towards the dock they came from. Before Aurielle followed him, one of the soldiers—Joseph—ordered her to head to the bridge, so he and some of the soldiers could go after the opponent themselves.
     Aurielle hovered back to the bridge, as she squeezed some seawater out from her clothes and hair.

“That Dacien guy….” She sighed as she tried to relax from the earlier tension. It took a few calm breathes for Aurielle to think about what just happened to her. With the mention of Dacien, Kai’s fists clenched as Rael could barely hear what he just mumbled.
     “Alright, here’s what happened. He approached me at the ancient letter room, rambled about what’s written and all, and he attacked me. Then he kept fighting… like that.”
     Kai’s fists relaxed a little, as he asked almost calmly. “That guy… Why would he keep fighting you for that long?”
     Aurielle pressed her temple as she thought all the things Dacien rambled to her, during their fight.
     “He sounded like he was rambling to himself the whole time, to be honest. It’s basically grudges towards me and others, from what I could tell. And while he was going on with that topic, he kept…” She glanced at the Castlian soldiers, who didn’t go after her opponent—Dacien. “If I heard it right, he kept going on about King David.”
     Just a mention of their king’s name alerted the soldiers, making Aurielle forget what she was about to say next for a moment. “Say, how was the investigation?”

“We only found the clues that lead to the dock, then we found and identified the same pirate ships that attacked the shore, along with their weapons. Aside from the shadow and other magic users hiding somewhere, we didn’t find anyone there.”
     Aurielle nodded as she heard one of the soldiers informed her, and they left the area to head back to their camp. Aurielle noticed how there were only Jean, Rael, and Kai here, so she gathered them around and asked the three for a favor.
“Do you mind if I leave you two with Kai for a while? I’m visiting the king for a bit, and be back here tonight.”
     Kai’s eyes widened as he heard Aurielle’s request, and stepped away. “Huh?”
     “Just make sure they don’t injure themselves or get lost here. You three could hang out, train together, explore the village, or anything you want.”
Kai gestured as if he was about to say something else, and he put his arm down, before turning to Rael and Jean.
     “Well?”

What would be a preferable outcome for Rael?
  • Insist joining Aurielle with her visit (with Kai and Jean)
  • Insist joining Aurielle with her visit (with just Jean)
  • Insist joining Aurielle with her visit (Rael intended to go with her alone, for this option)
  • Head to the village alone to recover, let Jean and Kai tag along with Aurielle
  • Just let Kai go with Aurielle, Rael and Jean could stay back at the village
  • Just tell Aurielle to only bring Jean with her, while he and Kai head back to the village
  • Convince both Kai and Jean to let Aurielle go, then they head to the village
  • Convince Aurielle to not visit Summer Hold, for whatever reason

0 voters

Sweet