Empires Update Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

I think you’re just jealous that you don’t get any of my succulent glistening glaze

POV, your ship just sunk, and your captain and crew are dead:

wait a minute then wtf was the point of the removal of paper/ink???

dawg… this shit is wild… when the retcon happened I remember everyone saying it was because vet only wanted like “natural” elements or something, I guess that went a complete 180

They were removed because they suck, not visually, that is.

calling ink bad is understandable but paper was absolutely considered meta back then

it was a faster glass basically

1 Like

In all seriousness, if we’re gonna keep glass, we should keep paper.
That has me wondering, how can there be a Glass Curse? Surely Glass of all things is manmade, right?

technically, glass is a naturally occurring element, but what irks me about the way it looks in-game is that it’s entirely artificial, real glass is stuff like obsidian.

I don’t get how glass got the green card considering it’s only variant looks like manufactured glass panes but paper didn’t

I mean

its not SIMILAR to anything though, glass magic is a bleed heavy but still somewhat fast magic,

paper was just a weird fast hybrid between glass mechanic wise and wood visual wise,
also if it was kept in game I guarantee people would be confused and angry about it.

Nothing matters when we Shatter Magic.

Everybody likes Shatter and Slash.
Fun fact, I made the slash icon for the wiki.
Didn’t say I was good at it.

When do y’all think we are gonna get clan flagships
I would assume it scales above ship of the line tho… So probably not in nimbus

I believe clan flagships will be static rather than actual ships. It’ll be kinda cool to have your giant beast of a ship sitting next to your fortress though.

That would be sad and pointless tho

Yeah maybe itll function like the Superyacht in gta 5

people find reasons to be mad at anything, but then again, there were so many of us who loved paper.

it was a genuinely interesting and bizarre magic and had arguably the coolest charging/explosion effects in the game, and it’s sad that it’s gone.

though with this abrupt change in how magic works in lore (classic vetex move) it seems like there could be hope again for something like paper to reappear once more.

and maybe even other synthetic based magics, like plastic magic or rubber magic?

actually plastic probably couldn’t exist back then since the first synthetically created plastic was made in 1907 but rubber probably could exist

boob magic

uhm

what

[BOOBS!] Arcane Odyssey [Early Access]

Guaranteed 100k players minimum

Technology would likely have progressed far beyond AO’s current level if what vetex has said is true (because then, mages could essentially experiment with theoretical materials, but how in the world would that explain mages awakening only one magic?).