Imo,AO should have separate pve and pvp servers

Maybe i should say “casual and competitive servers” cause pvp servers would have no cap to fame,infamy and bounty, so if you want to farm any of these, even if not involves pvp and its just killing npcs around for points, you would go to these “pvp” servers

Also dont edit my post again

I hate pvp but I hate this more

Thank you! This was very insightful to my biased POV.

Also, for anyone like me following this topic who is really sick of getting spawnkilled, in Nimbus I am planning on doing the story on an alt and taking note of when our spawns change. Then, on my main, I will only do the story as far as whatever spawn I want. Then I wont be stuck on the spawncamp pvp island :smiley:
Since there won’t be a second awakening yet, presumably I will be able to do this with no consequences for my build.

This is pvp-related discussion, so obviously I put it into pvp channel. If you don’t like the change, then you always can edit it back and I probably won’t even notice that.

Don’t worry, I won’t touch it anymore.

Btw, thats won’t solve any of the problems. Since many pvp players don’t give a thought about infamy and will join your “pve” server just to kill someone and get fun from it.
Asumming the fact, that these servers will be filled with pve players, then pvp players will raid it even with more interest, cuz they won’t be scared of meeting another pvp player like themselves.

Current system we have is the best and the only reason its should be hated for is metamancing or any advantages (ex: lower lvl hunts, ganks like 2 vs 1 and etc.)

Ok…hear me out
“Pve” servers wont have pvp outside arenas and guild islands

nah, I don’t think so.

I’m a PVP player, the kind that goes around Ravenna killing everyone in sight. A PVP server would be fun for someone like me since pretty much everyone else wants to fight as well, but there are a few problems.

First off, if both PVP and PVE servers have grindable items like getting boss drops or treasure charts, that literally makes PVP servers completely obsolete for any kind of grinding. Why try leveling up or progressing your build in a PVP server when you can skip half the trouble of a usual progression in a PVE server?

Then there’s the leaderboard problem. Most leaderboards are scumbags that dodge 1v1s or only play Arcane Odyssey in groups of 3+, keeping tons of gels and potions to keep their position. Meaning, they aren’t actually good at PVP. A lot of other players I’ve met(interested in the PVP as well) agree on the fact that being an LB doesn’t mean you’re good at the game.

Now that I’ve established that, I’d like to say that if an update like this were to occur, TONS of balance changes would have to be made. If a leaderboard player wants to keep their position but still enjoy Arcane Odyssey’s PVE features (most of em are PVE demons anyway), they will camp in PVE servers and the leaderboard will stay stagnant, unless someone else manages to get more renown (but this is sort of a loop as well).

If renown is reset, like it was before, it’s the same problem. Leaderboard players will do what they did before to get back to the top (which was teaming, jumping, spamming potions, etc) and then camp in PVE servers like a retired war criminal.

A few more things. In PVE servers, if you can still hunt NPC bounties, that makes being in PVP servers even less useless for ambitious goals like making it to leaderboard. PVP servers would only be used by people like me that play the game for its combat. Leaderboard would become a farmers’ market, whoever can grind their rivals the fastest is the winner.

We don’t need separated servers. We need instanced PVP servers.

Oh wait, we already have one. It’s called Elysium, but apparently it’s “only for tourneys and future raidbosses”. Sounds pretty bullshit to me, but whatever.

Until Elysium becomes public, this is how it’ll be. When it does become public, though, I can bet 1 galleon that half of the Ravenna gankers will literally disappear.

3 Likes

Nuh uh

other people said half of the things I said here but whatever I guess

probably should have read the discussion first

I lost my hope explainning you the reasons. You’ve moved on to half measures, which is even more pointless than the radical solutions that were proposed earlier.

Nope. Disagree. I want to keep killing pve players for my enjoyment. I camp on the dark sea border with clearsight V and its so funny, I don’t even want the dark sealed chests

my brother in christ ragebaiting isn’t supposed to be this obvious

I think this image is appropriate

just run

ExplodedOveralls:

There’s almost always an Elysian open and it’s because of that man

People acting like there is no way to enforce pvp/pve server split smh dumbasses just make it so you have to pick whether you will have pvp or pve on your file and the file would be locked under that :yawning_face: also no item transfering between the 2

still dont know how this whole idea would work out though, it seems like a pretty big split to me; just make further features/penalties that discourage low level rking or jumping pves with no benefit (attacking people with barely any money and no reputation)

Peeps should lose renown if they bounty hunt someone 1/10th or 10x their renown/bounty lol