Is Parrying Detrimental to AO?

1. you need skill to press the buttons
  2. you need skill to aim at them

angel ult 1 shotting, fast slash mana regen abuse, quill daggers autoaim

400+ damage traveling attack, huge aoe orbital strike, ez ass vortex bomb → orbital strike + any multi projectile combo

multi projectile one shots, projectile attack has op damage and stuns, mana, stam, AND health regening aura, aoe ability is just broken if you use a stunning ability, and ult is abusable

still not as good as grass/fire/water :sleepy:

also lava and crystal and ice and light and darkness and time and gravity are pretty good

spectrum too.

Can you take it to the off-topic forums? This isn’t really related to Arcane Odyssey.

idk what you are on rn but a magic that has a one shotting ability is much better than one that doesnt.

every magic is good in their own way, but the newest ones require much less skill and are much more abusable

sure

starters are better because:

grass needles

fire blast travel

water beam.

need I explain more?

also lucid rift is hella funny bruh

and the time beam thing is pretty versatile and dangerous

bro is so mad is funny

wom is also one of the last games (even on roblox) i would ever think to call fast-pace movement spam

??? your moves have no cooldowns making it a Spammy game and it is very fast paced lol i think 3 people have already said that here and its all about movement are you dumb stupid or dumb

air jumps have cooldowns, your moves are gated by magic energy, and your movement is stunted by stamina. the only way you regain those things is by walking or standing still entirely). You can have movement be an essential part of pvp without being fast-pace. why you so tilted anyway man, you sound just as juvenile as op

1 Like

Is that a major skill issue post?

thats like saying blox fruits isnt movespam because there is a stamina bar :skull: LOL A MOD GOT MAD AND DELETED IT BROKIE

haven’t played blox fruits, but games with stamina do not typically have enough drain to keep you from sprinting as AO/WOM does. That could simply be due to early game stat limitations ofc, but the as of now combat is modtly made of projectiles that you are stuck in place to cast (and if i remember correctly shooting something like a musket may have also done this too, again i could be misremembering). it is for those reasons i consider AO/WOM/Arcane fighting to be slow compared to many other games.

i deleted your headless flex because it had nothing to do with the conversation. if i cared that much about anything you said i would have deleted your response, don’t you think?

and to the original conversaion (since it has been derailed somewhat), i will say hazards are a workaround (can’t tell you how effective it is, but it is simple to activate)

AO and WoM is much more fair compared to blox fruits holy shit :skull:

last time I checked there aren’t any magics that have one shot combos like blox fruits (cough cough mochi fruit cough cough)

no, not in the slightest.

(disclaimer: i am talking about games i am only a decent bit experienced in, i may be wrong in a few aspects)

what makes a parry system good is rewarding players for pulling it off but not completely ruining your chances at winning, a few examples of these i can give are ZO where parrying/perfect blocking is rewarding but not absurdly, and you have to be good enough to take advantage of it, this is a good system, and i think ao will do it well since shields aren’t absurd like in wom.

On the other hand, theres combat warriors, a game where getting parried almost always results in death, which is not fun to play against at all, perfect blocking in wom is different in the sense that it doesn’t get you killed, but in a few cases it rewards your opponent a heavy amount and is generally unfun against.

tl;dr i think ao does pblocks/parries well and wom doesn’t

should be toned down a little imo, maybe by adding a cd to parries but not blocks. I am tired of fighting turtles who stand there doing nothing, parry multiple attacks, then counter.

passive players :frsleepin::zzz:

7 Likes

finally someone who agrees perfect blocking gets annoying when it’s too excessive.

maybe make it where P blocking has a cooldown? or when it happens there’s a “break” period where it can’t?

If perfect blocking was outright removed, where would the “residual skill” go? An example is how hitscan revolver games where everyone dies in one shot make you focus all your skill on aim, reaction time, and basically nothing else.

Apparently aiming isn’t really a skill in AO because of big AoE skills (unless I’m misinterpreting the quote).

wdym residual skill
parrying being removed isnt a really big problem, but parrying not being removed isnt either. basically having to remove parrying is just a waste of time.

misinterpretation

1 Like

giggity giggity

by reading/predicting he probably means reacting to the magic circle or whatever other telegraphing is built into the game. Before then, there is no way to tell what the opponent is going to do. The part about quick reflexes also implies that it’s about reaction speed