Magic Tattoos

Magic Tattoos https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/optimized/3X/c/8/c8cfc50130f128cae29972716294bb2444a3517c_2_1023x779.png
effort 4.962962962962963 27 quality 4.962962962962963 27 reasonability 4.807692307692307 26

Ancient Magics for Mages.

Arcanium Weapons for Conjurers.

Strength Weapons for Warlords.

But nary a thought given to the Warlock, spare an imbuement feature nearly copy-pasted from Conjurer. Today, however, that changes. That changes big-time.

Magic Tattoos

These special items gives Warlock something to search and grind for besides armor. They offer unique stat changes beyond the usual “+200 Defense” or “+30 Attack Speed”. Instead, they give a bonus to the user’s Magic and Fighting Style, which benefits most when the two are alternated between.

Tattoos can be equipped in a similar way to Lost Spells / Techniques, holding a requirement of both Strength and Magic. Equipping one places it on the arm of the user’s choice, forcing that arm into the standard Robloxian 2.0 package and removing the shirt on it, before equipping the tattoo as its shirt. This makes the tattoo clearly visible.

When equipped, the tattoo occupies a slot in both the user’s Magic and their Fighting Style. Deleting the slot in one erases both (along with the tattoo), though they can be switched freely like lost spells / techniques.

Using the Tattoo

Each tattoo comes with a spell-technique combo, both of which should be utilized to gain the tattoo’s full effect. Firstly, using one lowers the cooldown on the other, allowing it to combo more easily. Otherwise, these attacks tend to have abnormally long cooldowns.

Example Tattoos

Dragon’s Talons

The spell for this tattoo would be Claw—a short lunge which would produce a fast-moving projectile of the user’s magic. The technique would be Rake—a melee slash directly in front of the player which deals moderate damage, bleed, and knockback.

Hitting with the spell first causes the technique to travel. A bit like Crash, but without the cone check, and with near-instant speed. Hitting the technique first makes the spell travel faster with a bigger hitbox. In either case, hitting with one gives a four-second window to use the other, granting both its effects and boosted damage.

This tattoo can be obtained by killing a dragon in the rare dragon invasion event.

Blitzer’s Thunder

The spell for this tattoo would be Draw—an inverse shockwave of the user’s magic which pulls nearby targets towards the player. The technique for this tattoo would be Slamaway—a smash-like falling slam with a very slow startup which has to land on or close to a target to deal high damage and knockback.

Hitting with the spell first makes the technique come out much more quickly. Hitting with the technique first allows the user to place the spell, instead of it being set onto them. Again, the user has about four seconds to land the combo, and both receive a damage boost if the first move hits.

This tattoo can be dropped by a future Warlock boss. (I’m sure Vetex will make at least one).

Extra Stuff

Tattoos can also be equipped into a vanity slot, taking up an accessory slot. Doing so will display the tattoo on your character, but you will gain no spells or techniques from it. You will be able to remove it from the slot like you could with any other vanity accessory.

Actually using the tattoo will consume it, however. Just like with unlocked lost spells.

If the player has no room for either the spell or the technique in their chosen fighting style and magic, the tattoo is not consumed and nothing happens.

Ya’ll can suggest more ideas in the comments. All tattoos should provide a move for magic and fighting styles, and must have specialized synergies with one another.

Alternative

If none of this sounds appealing, then magical tattoos can alternatively just be a special way of equipping lost spells. Where the spell is displayed on the player’s arm.

32 Likes

isnt this just hexmarks??
which is already planned to be in AO

1 Like

What are hexmarks? because they sound cool.

I quite like the aesthetic and think the attacks sound cool however I am not sure about about them being dropped by a dragon but it’s ur choice I guesss.

they were a planned feature for world of magic where you get a magic tattoo when you learn an ancient magic

1 Like

they were planned to be the way mages circumvented the 3 magic only cap (Due to minds) and how ancient/lost magic scrolls worked

1 Like

I’ve literally never heard of this before.

1 Like

Your concept and aesthetic of how Warlocks will use tatoos is what I like most about this because I have seen a few warlock suggestions most of them are just like magic punch and I am also working on a Warlock suggestion which can pretty much be summarised as another magic punc suggestion but your tattoo idea is what makes this a thing that’s unique.

4 Likes

I desperately want more flavor in Arcane Odyssey. More than nearly anything else. Hence why I tried to make this as interesting and unique as I could while staying in the pre-established mechanics.

1 Like

Btw I am working on a suggestion for paladin juggernaut knight and warlock stat builds when I post it can i get ur opinion and what you would change?

3 Likes

I like what you sayin

1 Like

Hex marks were planned for WoM as part of the ancient magic scroll concept, but has long since been archived.

Magic that is far more ancient and forgotten than the Lost Magics, these are extremely powerful and hard to obtain. None of these magics have creatable skills, meaning new skills can only be learned for them via Legendary Quests. Primordial Magics are ancient, and were extremely rare even during the Golden Age of Magic, where only a few lucky humans were given them as gifts from the gods. In modern times, the only way to learn a Primordial Magic is to have its Hex mark imbued onto you, which involves a technique only shown on Primordial Magic Scrolls.

2 Likes

I’m the wrong person to go to for stat builds. I don’t PVP, and I haven’t played in ages.

Edit: sorry, I’m an idiot. You mean an idea for something to add to each build? Sure, I’ll listen in. Just DM it to me.

1 Like

Will do ill message you a link to the suggestions

Cool suggestion but why would you lock it behind strength

1 Like

I personally think the tattoos (And mode too) should be stylized like Naruto Curse Marks cause then it would be drippier.

Curse Marks from Naruto

maybe you could even choose the design. The special tattoo skills could also be like the heavenly weapons from Law Of Ueki or something like that.

5 Likes

I’ve locked it behind Warlocks because so far they haven’t gotten anything that other classes can’t also use. Lost spells can be used by mages, conjurers, and paladins; and lost techniques can be used by berserkers, warlords, and juggernauts.

Mages will have ancient spells and ancient magics, conjurers will have Arcanium weapons, and warlords have strength weapons. These are all either exclusive to the class, or are nerfed when used by the other classes (for example, it’s stated that mages can use Arcanium weapons, but get less out of them). Warlock, by contrast, doesn’t have anything unique.

Also, I wanted to give Amber one.:smiling_face:

1 Like

BTW mind if i take inspiration of your tattoo idea i will remember to credit you.

Honestly wouldn’t be opposed to players being able to choose the design. At the very least, a system where you can like equip tattoos into a “vanity” slot would be nice. I’ll add that to the suggestion proper in a bit.

1 Like