Nimbus Sea & Easter Patch Notes (Discussion Thread)

Make a tanky knight build and learn to block parry dodge. Ez win

iirc vetex has gone on record saying that this isn’t going to happen, though if he changes his mind on it it will still be a lot of effort

while i do think conversion isn’t the best for people who use arcanium for cosmetics, i do think being able to trade magic-imbued items would just lead to further minmaxing after the update drops
maybe there could be an item or something that locks an arcanium item’s appearance in exchange for having it give no stats

he said there would be a way to do it at some point, though not easily

Delete your file and start new one

i made this suggestion about it, just in case

3 Likes

Honestly for magics giving different stats for arcanium, im 99% sure they will just overlap instead of having each be unique combination. There’s 20 magics and there’s only so many combos you can do with 5 stats (there’s no way that any of them are gonna be extra power stat) before it just feels like you’re going for random combos unrelated to the magics.

my predictions for the ones we don’t know (which is basically all of them but earth):

water: attack size
fire: intensity
light: attack speed or agility
Lightning: attack speed or agility
wind: intensity or agility
metal: defense
magma: attack size
wood: defense
sand: attack size or intensity (?)
snow: intensity (?)
acid: intensity
shadow: attack speed
plasma: intensity or attack speed
Ash: attack size or intensity
Glass: attack size or defense (?)
Ice: attack size or defense
Poison: intensity
Crystal: Intensity or defense
Explosion: Attack size

1 Like

Namely I also think this is going to be the trend for most of them:

Dot = Intensity, Solid magic = defense, faster magics = attack speed or agility, bigger magics = attack size.

1 Like

vetex please dont give my fire arcsphere intensity :pleading_face:

This isn’t random lol

Yes, I know it isn’t random; I mentioned that difference later on in my post. But the idea is still the same.

As someone else had previously stated, arcanium items are obtained only after getting to level 100+, which means that most people on their first playthrough will choose a magic without the knowledge of arcanium items, locking them out from at least 19 different variations.

Adding variations in stats between different elements is a concept that should open up even more doors towards build customization, but when paired with the auto-conversions, narrows down the player’s freedom instead.

Magic users are at a disadvantage here, as there is no way for them to change their first magic, when compared to strength and weapon builds that have the freedom to use whatever they want.

tbf though, a strength or weapon build changing for the items would also change their moveset and what they have to use to attack now

i mean on strength builds that’s more of a problem, but weapon users can swap on a whim so I wouldn’t really count that

they couldn’t swap and then keep the item to use on what they had before though

I am going to cry if sand arcanium gives me intensity (please spare me Vetex :pleading_face:)

I really only said intensity cuz sandy (the modifier) gives it

well lets hope for my sanity that I dont get cursed with intensity giving arcanium

Yeah but at least they have the option to change. Magic users are stuck with something they chose before even getting to the gameplay

2 Likes

canonically magic users would be even more fucked because they don’t even get to choose their magic, they just get born with it

2 Likes