Odyssey Feed ~ Issue #9

The Odyssey Feed
The convenient weekly newspaper for Arcane Odyssey
Produced and written by Fang C. Percy.

3/16/2021

Trello News

Another week, another HUGE BATCH of new features and changes :sunglasses:! This week weā€™ve got some crazy ones, including lots of boat customization!

First of all, we can see some bug fixes. Most importantly one talking about a ā€œLost Necklaceā€, so I can presume this would be similar to the quest in AA where you found a lost necklace on a snowy island. Interesting. In more bug fixes, we see increases to the intelligence of enemy pathfinding.

Pathfinding for enemies was a big issue in AA, as they couldnā€™t follow you around walls, they would constantly keep running towards you. They could be cheesed because of this. The improved pathfinding being upgraded again is a big deal. :nod:

Foggy day rarity also changed from 20 to 12.5 percent.

Now onto the most important things this weekā€¦ Ships! Well, you know which kind :frhigh:, and weā€™re talking about boats! The new boats, the transport systems in the upcoming Arcane Odyssey which this paper is all about! Here we go!

First, look at all these 1.5.14/15 changes!

Screenshot 2021-03-15 at 8.57.15 PM

All that cool boat stuff. Plus, the new Shipwright function. This boat system will be infinitely greater than AAā€™s. Excited to see it in its full glory once AO comes out! Forum was also debating about the Plasma change.

In further bug fixes, we notice that all of the NPCs in Redwake are actually hiding before a certain objective is completed. We also see a new NPC named Gierolf, and the knowledge about Redwake Warriors returning to the gate once either the same or a different objective is completed. Super interesting and you could definitely piece together a story with all these bug fixes! :nod:

Well, back to boats. A new item called Repair Hammer can be found or purchased from Shipwrights for 6 Galleons. According to the same source, these will be equipped on the tool slot and held down, repairing the boat for 25 HP each time.

We also have new Ship Plaques, which are consumed and can rename your ship. Canā€™t wait for the creative names and colors people will come up with for their watercraft! Also, in the bug notes, it talks about Repair hammers accidentally being able to repair Sunken Ships. Interesting.

Time for the new talk on the block: Paintbrushes! First of all, without a value specified by Vetex, Paintbrushes can be purchased from Shipwrights.

Going on to 1.5.18, and the Paintbrush has been finished!

Screenshot 2021-03-15 at 9.56.24 PM

Look at all these different options! So many boat colors and combinations can be created. Mixed with the boat accessory slots, and the Ship Plaques, and other things will add tons of new customization to ships! :paintbrush:

You can choose between 6 different colors. Presumably, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple. Brown would be the default color, though unsure how that kind of thing would work.

With the More Ship Colors gamepass, you unlock 24 more Primary and 30 more Secondary colors. Some people expressed their disgust on this matter, but Remember, Vetex needs lots of Robux in order to power the amount of Badges and Sounds he needs to put in to make this as immersive as possible! Especially with the new islands and music that must accommodate them.

All these ship tools will also have cool animations, as well.

Ever noticed how much attention to detail Vetex puts into his games? Well, hereā€™s some upcoming examples.

Splash colors to boat movement
Lanterns going out when ships sink
Going high up displays ā€œThe Skyā€ as a region
Music to the open sea.

Lovely changes! :clap: to Vetex for creating all this and putting his time and effort into our entertainment! :nod::+1:
Thatā€™s about it for boats this week.

But wait! Thereā€™s more BIG changes coming soonā€¦ To an Arcane Odyssey near you! Well, not so soon. In a while, actually. There have been new optimizations to graphics and rendering, so this should help people with potato PCs like me.

Screenshot 2021-03-15 at 11.52.23 PM

Non-combat music is muted at night, now. This should make it more eerie and possibly increase immersion. :frhigh: Itā€™s also confirmed that when more players fight the first boss, itā€™s health will not go up.

Only a little bit more to go! Tool slots were removed. These items will go into your hotbar and backpack. The reason for this is unknown, but it should be a good change nonetheless.

Now, 20% of clouds will be 5x as big! Imagine the cloudy days we can have with this! Iā€™m already loving all the immersion Vetex is putting into this game, even though I havenā€™t played it yet.

Some more fixes. And finally, the sailboat was added, with itā€™s 3 tiers of hull armor! Sorry for the lack of images this week, folks. Hoping for some of that soon! :smiley:

Forum Topics of the Week

Hereā€™s a SUPER interesting post. @BNTarwarn recreates all of King David Silverā€™s bedroom inside of MInecraft! This was cool to read, and BNT posted again in the art section to display their work. All of Summer Hold next? :eyes: Great work and incredible job on accomplishing such a creative and tiring feat!

Not much to say here. But, Happy Birthday @Kandy! Hope youā€™re having a wonderful day! Though this is a big late haha. :cake::point_left::nod:

Here we go with a new suggestion for Arcane Odyssey! This one leaves you feeling like you want to say ā€œWhy not?ā€ In ā€œTell how many seconds a status effect has leftā€ by @archrono, he proposes a meter showing the duration of a status effect, or a combat tag as GUI on your screen. Great job. It managed to rack up 100 votes, and thatā€™s a quality suggestion in my book!

Art of the Week

Thatsprettyepic

Just like with writing, this is some of the best art iā€™ve seen on the forums to-date! Itā€™s some unnamed art by @laya ! We see here a girl wearing a skirt, a pink hoodie, and a black Valk Helmet. I SUPER love the manga art style as itā€™s something I have not seen much of before. Also, welcome to the forums!

Writing of the Week

A piece of writing that won by a mile and a halfā€¦ Itā€™s Average Day in Magius, the Prologue, by @BNTarwarn. This is the most unique piece of writing I have ever seen written on the forum, and maybe ever. Here, we see a story, and at the end we can vote for different things for the narrator to do. This is really cool. So far, the forum has been leaning towards a Wood Magic villain. :nod: Spectacular!

Hereā€™s a Puzzle For Youā€¦

Last weekā€™s Riddle Solver isā€¦ @diamondkfc! Congratulations for being the first to crack it!

The answer wasā€¦ Light!

~

This weekā€™s Riddle isā€¦

ElementalMagicAmount

_ _

First to message or ping me with the answer will get a shoutout next weekā€™s issue! No cheating!

Sorry for being so late this week!

Thanks for reading this weekā€™s edition of The Odyssey Feed!

19 Likes

SO MUCH quality on the forum this week. Congrats to everyone who did these amazing things. Go check out some of this weekā€™s posts, you might be surprised at some of the quality you see. Also sorry for the super late issue heh. :+1:

7 Likes

If it comes this week, melee revamp will be an interesting topic to cover!

I canā€™t wait to blow up entire ships with my explosion user on full magic size!

1 Like

and then theres me

1 Like

Nah, you have lots of quality too. :nod:

Yeah, thatā€™s gonna be funā€¦

Good job on this issue of Odyssey Feed, again!

@Cryonical Riddle answer has to be 23, right?

1 Like

Yes haha. Someone messaged me before this with ā€œ23ā€ as well, but good job on solving the riddle!

thank you

keep these up btw

1 Like

Wonderful job!

1 Like

feature me in the next one or else
i will showe drak siedeā€¦ :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Do something to be featured then, haha.

thats it
im going to publish my classic roblox project
you will not stop me from being FEATURED!!!

1 Like

Better make a good topic about it! :sunglasses:

Other forumers need a chance to shine aswell, but make something good and it will be featured! Remember there are only 3 slots of non-writing and art per week!

1 Like

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
i mean i was mostly joking but uhhh i might try it out i guess

1 Like

Indeed!

oddysey feed: the most trustworthy wom news out there

2 Likes

excited to name my ship stupid stuff

1 Like