Player Jail Times Should Be Scrapped As A Mechanic

Player Jail Times Should Be Scrapped As A Mechanic
effort 2.833333333333333 12 quality 3.2 10 reasonability 3.0 19

They can’t loot merchant and navy ships. Besides, its ur choice if u wanna be a villian. You choose to take the risk by being a villian.

It is 1:1 identical to pirate ships and syndicate ships.
Player ships is where it actually matters.

Dude, you get a lot more ships if you are a villian. There are much more ships to loot. As a hero, you have to go seek out the pirate ships and ignore the merchant and navy ships that you find, getting a lot less loot from ship hunting. Ship hunting is one of the most effective ways to get loot and the navy ships come straight to you.

That’d be great if it wasn’t 15 of them at once and they didn’t board my ship the second I tried to fight them.
Unless you’re bringing friends, you are NOT killing that many navy (and taking down each individual ship first) to get ANY of those sealed chests before they despawn or worse yet MORE ketches show up.

They don’t actually send this many ships. I understand what you mean by getting overwhelmed (I fought 4 pirate ships at once), but they don’t always send that many ships. It (usually) scales with notoriety, so don’t get that too high if ur having trouble.

have you considered that wiping out 1 ketch of navy is going to massively increase your notoriety?
Let alone 2 or 3 or 4?
Then from that boost more will spawn?

I think you should get jalied, but I’d say lower it to 5-ish minutes.

Another benefit that I think no one mentioned is that bounty is waaaaaaaaay easier to get than fame.

More renown = better deckhands

Contracts and bounties are the only way to get fame and bounty above 100k and they’re identical so while getting up to 100k may be easier as a criminal, everything past that isn’t.

Not really. As a villian you can BOTH bounty hunt and assasinate.

You’re saying that like you can take multiple at once.

You can’t, but you can hunt anyone you want.

what is the difference.

hunting a level 130 criminal NPC is going to give the exact same rewards as hunting a level 130 hero NPC.
Criminal NPCs can also become rivals that never properly die and grant much higher rewards so there’s no reason to do contracts in the first place.

I’m talking abt players, not npcs. Anyway even on the subject of npcs, you can’t find them anywhere. This way, you can hunt both of them.

If you dislike villian so much, why don’t you just switch back to being a hero?

this isn’t an advantage, all players can do this

even good reps can assassinate good reps

Wait, really? They can take the assasination poster?

Yes, I’m pretty sure. But instead of giving renown it takes renown away.