Puckle type ship gun

Puckle type ship gun https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/1/0/103a8beb0353d7708eb342d1f9edbf7fe6ce5073.jpeg
effort 4.333333333333333 3 quality 4.333333333333333 3 reasonability 3.333333333333333 3

A Puckle gun

Details

For those of you who don’t know what a puckle gun is, it is this:

In the game AC3,4, and rogue, it functions as a way to make “critical hits” on ships, by blowing up powder kegs and the such. My idea in AO would be somewhat different, and I have two, maybe three ideas.
1: Auto fire
This means the crew would automatically fire the gun either when the opportunity for a critical arrives or just firing.

2: Personal use
This would be that you, or a friend, use it to manually fire at any exposed critical parts, or just the enemy crew. This could also be the puckle gun joining in to the cannon fire.

3: A way to take care of “blind spots”
The blind spots are the places where your main cannons can’t fire. This would still reward positioning since the puckle gun would have way lower damage. Another mini use would be to pick off swimmers from the sunken enemy ship.
other designs:

How it would look:

This would add some depth, in my opinion needed, to naval combat. These could also have arcanium variants. Another addition would be square bullets, although that’s more of a cool extra and not a requisite. It may also be put on land for a future turret section.

Anyways, questions in the comments would help with doubts and to build on it.

3 Likes

Why did I hear TF2 engineer voicelines from seeing this :sob:

2 Likes

bro is tryna add machine guns to ao

Does it even make sense in canon?

You could almost say… it’s non-cannon…

5 Likes

Isnt AO in the magic 1700’s? If so, i think it would be considering muskets exist

It might be later, considering the cowboy people in AA were using Revolvers. Yet by the worlds average technology, I would place them around the 1500s~ Before the advent of Global Trade or the Printing Press, when distant lands are strange myths, known about by few. They still rely on black powder weaponry (that is to say, single shot things like muskets and flintlocks).

Magic powered?

You can’t really compare AO time periods and our time period. They developed with magic on an archipelago. It’s quite possible that a more advanced kingdom than Ravenna could have rudimentary machine guns due to using magic to advance technology and incorporate into tech.

No they were using flintlocks.

I want a machine gun add-on, even if it eats through all my bullets.

1 Like

Idk, they were used somewhere in 1800+, but as we can see AO is not on the same lvl as real centuries, so its too early for us to have those guns.
Also… its would be too powerful.

Also, if magic exists in a world, wouldn’t society be more leaned towards researching magic rather than this technology?

but not everyone has magic.

Also weren’t guns a recent development?

1850s
America existed in the time period ao does

Britain doesn’t even exist.

Because the world got blown up
Twice

yes

Actually thrice if you count chaos