Safe Mode?!

yeah it’s gonna be crazy if something like this isn’t added. some level 70 could just mind their business and get attack by a level 200.

and they can’t even run away, not only because of the agility difference, but also cuz the level 70 doesn’t have air boost (forgor the name lol)

if you look at my message above this would also (if done well enough) prevent players from getting the smackdown by dudes who grinded for the t2 exotic perfect crafted, exotic scrolled, max level, boss gear from killing someone who is just trying to get through the story or grind for hear

I feel like that’s an extremely unique scenario that should not change how the game works for everyone.

if this community’s pvp side has taught me anything, yea, no, that’s probably extremely likely unless we put in some kind of safety net.

You all say it’s likely, but I’ve barely heard of this stuff happening. Even less because of Nimbus sea.

low level gankers exist today, it will get worse if there’s nothing in the way to stop people from harassing newbies.

didn’t rogue lineage basically die because of this?

I think it will actually get better and better after each sea. Most pvper’s hang out in the sea where the max level is. I think it’s just an early release problem.

true

I’ve still had quite a few instances of weirdoes on cirrus killing level 50s (fuckin losers)

There’s always exceptions, but we can’t make drastic changes just based on those small occurrences.

Motar, I respect you, but I gotta agree with Typer here. I’ve been ganked by a level 125 while I was at 98 before (which is no more winnable for me than if I were level 65). Random attackers absolutely do punch down when they can.

1 Like

Yeah but they like lose a set % of their fame, like 5% (tho that might be too much?)

Making heroes unable to attack heroes is a step in the right direction, I hope he keeps it

This is real too, it doesn’t even matter what level range you are, YOU DONT stand a chance against a tanker who is maxed with a ton of gear because the discrepancy is more about who has the best gear, then level, then build, then skill. Even a level 120 who hasn’t grinded for 50 hours won’t be able to take down a level 136 maxed sweat

g-guys… can we get a p-pvp toggle?? :pleading_face:

OK we can get pvp toggle cause u asked nicely

bro it’s gonna happen more than enough, it’s already dumb to be FORCED to fight someone if you are just a guy doing pve stuff. but imagine just having outright NO chance because he might literally 1 hit kill you. which WILL happen.

how do you think having level 600’s be able to attack level 70 be fine.

drastic changes that change stuff only for the better? make multiple pvp level locks and we are done and have a happy life.

yeah this is also a big problem i have with AO. the stat difference that can exist between people that could even be the same level, but one of them absolutely doesn’t stand a chance against the other is crazy

in a pve game that’d be fine, but no, this a game where you can be forced into pvp at any moment.

why is the game built up to be a pve game but then just said to be also a pvp game. the design of the game does not support this

2 Likes

Another day Another topic of a pvp toggle