Savant double imbues confirmed

Not sure if I should have waited for posts on the Reminders for AO thread to be moved here.

Spell binding seems to be distinct from imbuement, meaning that savants could bind another magic to a double-imbued arcanium weapon. If arcanium weapons that inflict their own status effects are added, it would mean that it would be possible for four status effects to be applied on one hit. Here’s an example.

1. A savant imbues Plasma Magic and Thermo Fist onto “Shura’s Katana”, a hypothetical arcanium weapon that applies Corroding on hit, even without imbuement.
  2. Using spell binding, the savant binds a Magma Magic Blast to the weapon, which takes the properties of the double-imbued Shura’s Katana.
  3. If imbues and status effects that an arcanium weapon inflicts on hit are transferred to bound spells, then Scorched, Burning, and Corroding should transfer to the Magma Magic Blast.
  4. The Magma Magic Blast adds its own Melting effect, so the final attack would apply Scorched, Burning, Corroding, and Melting.

Keep in mind this assumes that an arcanium weapon that inflicts a status effect on hit would added into the game, AND that imbues and status effects would transfer to bound spells.

yes

oh hell nah we boutta get the crystal iron leg argos halberd :skull:

1 Like

Savants finally see a light at the end of the tunnel

The same people that were mages pre-1.12 will become savants lol

Okay well now this is just absurdly overpowered and broken.

There’s no possible way this will be balanced in a way that will make savant not put every other class to shame.

Low damage this and lower tier that idgaf this change alone makes savant idiotically op.

I originally thought we could just imbue one magic and one fighting style into one weapon, 3 times (etc, Fire Imbued Weapon, Magma imbued weapon, Thermo imbued weapon)

But this shit is actually fucking braindead now.

We can imbue both a magic AND a fighting style into ONE singular weapon.

Can you guys just imagine for a moment just how unfair that is?

Someone can imbue glass and iron leg into one weapon, wood and iron leg into another, and then glass and iron leg AGAIN into a different weapon. NOT EVEN accounting for the possibility of DOUBLE MAGIC IMBUING

For the love of the lord himself PLEASE tell me this was an AI generated response, I just want savant to be good not “So easy to use a baby can use it”

This ain’t a light mf it’s a solar flare :sob:
This removes any reason to go any hybrid class until hybrid exclusive shit (that savants will easily be able to get anyways) comes out.

I am praying to god vetex meant we can just imbue one of our magics into one weapon and then another one into another.

I am not tryna see the day where a savant has fire and wood imbued into vampirism.

Pretty sure that imbuing two magics into the same thing won’t be a thing?
Then again, I am not vetex, and thus, cannot know for sure.

It’s cool, but you forget they’ll always be playing catch up. If the max is 1000 then you get like 500 in each stat on average, and lost magics, for example, are said to take about 600~ on average as a level to get. They’ll struggle to get things hybrids and pure builds get easily.

Mages and berserkers about to explode everything in a 2-mile radius with their exclusive and equally broken abilities:

2 Likes

He could reduce the synergies of double imbued weapons by a lot. I think synergies between weapon status effects and imbuements are 50% as effective (like Lightning imbument on Sunken Sword).

Maybe Vetex would make imbuements on arcanium weapons not transfer to bound spells?

Except no savant that’s worth anyone’s time anyway goes 4 stats.

At max level a savant can have

1000 points in something
600 points in another thing
And 400 points in yet another thing.

Savants can get lost magics at any level past 500 (the level hybrids can get lost magic) even at level 501. Most of what hybrids can get can (for now anyways) easily be obtained by a savant

Fair

The berserker realizing it is severely outranged and out paced (the savant used the whimsical combined power of fighting styles, magic, and weapons to fly into the stratosphere)

Only way this can work.

Makes savant more flashy and also still keeps true to its main purpose (savant is only as bad as the player who uses it)

the radius fist in question:

1 Like

Uhh I think you mean impact…

Radius wasn’t all that good at… hitting in the air. Let alone from a distance

its over
when 2nd awakening update arrives
its over for the nimbus sea and bronze sea bruh
(fuck this sentence thingy whatever)

it’s joever.

radius would obviously be modernized to suit AO’s pvp system. Pure builds and 50/50 hybrids will also be entire tiers and techniques ahead of savant in their respective areas, so I think they will balance each other out.

(just a reminder that not everyone can manage 6 tools with tons of skills to use at the same time)

1 Like

It would also be obtainable by savants

While also having nothing in anything else.

Also there’s absolutely nothing 50/50 hybrids can get that savants can’t lol :joy:
Maybe they can’t have the exact same stuff but savants can easily have the “best” a 50 50 hybrid can. Unlessthethinginquestionrequiresmorethan600pointsimbuedintotwostatsbutmypointstillstands
Like yeah nice ancient spell with your scorch magic now watch as I emberass you with my phoenix fire impact fist imbued triple set of exotic weapons and phoenix fire + fire imbued impact fist.