So i wrote an essay only to find out suggestions are gone so i only need feedback

Wait drugs? When did that happen?

I read basically all of it, and I can tell you what I think of it as an idea for the game, and the gist of it is that it aims to turn the game into a bland, convoluted, cookie-cutter mmorpg type of game you would find on your phone, with heaps of poorly thought out content with the goal of overwhelming you into thinking it’s a grand and deep game while it’s quite the opposite, and it couldn’t be more average and thus boring in every regard.

The stat system

You say it’s supposed to simplify the current system but I disagree.
Each stat does a plethora of different things, with many of them overlapping between stats and their usefulness varies. It is incredibly convoluted, and not to mention the very bland names that you could find in basically any other RPG type game.

The classes

The theme of cookie-cutter design is present here as well, choosing a stereotypical class once and progressing it and later getting a subclass is much more bland that what is currently planned.
There is a lot of text here explaining the various classes, but I don’t think it’s that important because I dislike the entire idea of such a class system.

Material drops, Mining, Foraging, Dimensions, Familiars etc.

These all follow the theme of “poorly thought out and bland mechanic from a mobile mmorpg that is meant to look like there are many unique things to do, while providing minimal novelty and seeming uninspired at best”.

The features building of of other parts of the suggestion

Things like scrolls, pills, Heart of the Island fall in here. They are built on top of other parts of the suggestion and I don’t think they’re relevant when the parts they’re coming from are not that good either way.

Other things that rebrand existing/planned concepts

The subclasses replace professions and corruption replaces insanity with some changes. Guild halls, a melee revamp, giant monsters, and auctions are all already planned.
These systems already exist and have planned out features for them, while it would be nic eto be able to suggest changes for them, why rebrand them entirely?
The rebranding also seems to aim to steer everything in the direction of the “overly convoluted mobile mmorpg” I keep talking about, it just doesn’t fit the established feel of the game and franchise, and is trying to replace good and unique systems with bland and overdone ones you would find in many other games.

Conclusion

I don’t like the ideas at all, I already said that they seem bland, boring and uninspired to me, so I won’t repeat that much longer.
Now this could be only me, and while I doubt that’s the case, I’m open to being wrong at any time.
You said somewhere that “it’s about the journey, not the destination”, refering to your writing process for the entire thing, so I hope you enjoyed writing this at the very least.

Also this, lmao:

80% + 50% + 40% + 30% + 10% + 5% + 2% + 1% = 218%

I skipped reading most of the numbers after seeing this, figured they’d be prone to these types of errors as well so I didn’t bother trying to interpret them when they could be uninterpretable.

5 Likes

There’s absolutely no way I’m reading all that, but just from skimming through it, it looks like you are trying to turn an mmo where pvp isn’t exactly the most important thing but still very important to solo rpgs where balancing doesnt matter, where luck dictates everything, etc.

Pills

Sorry to meme all of your effort, but this should literally be called the WoMmunist Manifesto. I’ve never seen something so long.

9 Likes

This is sad

uhhhh uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

why is the post like that

Ultra Epic 5%

Poor Karo, he clearly put in so much effort, only for it to be trashed by others.

2 Likes

AO the adopt me update

no captual

wasnt this posted after suggestions were shut down? close this shit

honestly tho, just slap this shit into a google doc and organize it more. this post is just an eyesore

Yeah I feel bad for them. I get that the ideas aren’t that great and neither is the formatting, but he got ganged up on and Uvadin tore it down completely.

I kinda relate bc I have an idea on a private trello for a game I plan to make (once I have enough experience) and i’m afraid of getting this kind of reaction…guess I now know what not to do, heh.

Also should I close this? This topic is pretty old and the idea won’t be accepted, soooooo

it definitely sucks when you think you have an idea that you think is awesome, only for everyone else to tell you it’s stupid. I wish people here were more constructive when it came to matters like this, but whatever.

and yeah, no more necrobumping lmao

2 Likes

Nah, keep it open

1 Like

K :+1:

ive tried telling people this for FAR too long.

i dont understand why people have to be so friggin toxic.

2 Likes

the safety of being able to say shit behind a screen without consequences is really getting to some people’s heads. I never understood the whole like “oh but we’re just trolls, we’re trolling” or like “you’re just a snowflake.” It’s not that hard to criticize without being a complete ass.
I’m glad there are still a minority of people here who try to participate in the filler discussion while we wait for AO anyways lol. Hopefully it’s a good stepping stool for the community’s inevitable influx of newer members.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.