Stop players from using the in-game "Return to Title Screen" and "Change Servers" buttons when in combat

Stop players from using the in-game "Return to Title Screen" and "Change Servers" buttons when in combat https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/uploads/default/original/3X/5/f/5fc2b7e9235ebff695b39a3ba09bc44e80d5b365.png
effort 4.0 3 quality 4.8 5 reasonability 5.0 10

Proposal

Simply create an error that stops players from using these buttons, saying something along the lines of “You cannot return to the title screen in combat!” or “You cannot change servers in combat!”.

Reason to add/change

Currently if you use the in-game buttons to return to the title screen or change servers, the game doesn’t stop you at all in doing so.
This would also make using these buttons a much safer option to leaving a server than closing Roblox.

14 Likes

o, this is actually good so you don’t accidentally combat log

obvious

Simple and reasonable

cool and good

Would be really helpful

i was caught by surprise day 1 when i combat logged to using those buttons, i didn’t realize i was in combat and assumed you wouldn’t be able to just use those in combat

Yes.

yes, but toggleable (allow logging while in combat yes/no)

This would be a really useful change to combat people who run, especially with the changes to combat registering and combat tags in v1.12. I like this idea, have my vote.

just close the window at that point what

maybe just add a prompt saying if they sure they want to switch servers or leave during combat

why would you WANT to combat log are you insane

Yes

don’t these buttons count as combat logging and why would you be opening your menue when in combat?
I dont see why this should be implemented

I literally don’t see why not :fr:

to prevent accidents

it’s not to stop people from running, it’s to stop you from accidentally combat logging yourself after finishing a fight

if the idea of “combat ends immedietly when all enemies are dead” would prevent that though
I also wish we could view the timer

1 Like

this