The Forum's Nemesis: Distribution Phase

Based on the results of the poll, it looks like Boyle is the most popular NPC out of all the submissions, and so shall be the forum’s nemesis.

Simply kill Boyle three times without killing any other NPC bounty to do so. Take note that Boyle will not spawn if any other rival is in the server.

Once you’re done, send a photo of the “rival met” image or of Boyle as your rival in the poster menu and I’ll add you to the list.

People who currently own Boyle as a rival:
@Goopman
@SoupSnakeSal
@Bio
@Flayire
@beefybuffoon
@Catean

Bonus 1: Boyle story draft

An NPC’s Perspective: Boyle (Unfinished Draft)

No criminal starts as such. But by some condition or other - poverty, insanity, circumstances - something transforms them into another bounty for the Navy to hunt down. I guess I’m no different. I’m surprised the Navy hasn’t tried executing me yet. Many I know have suffered that fate, some deserving, some not. But every once in a while, us criminals may get a pardon from execution of some kind; we may still be criminals, but the Navy spares us. And regarding that, I suppose I just got lucky.

The island of the Whispering Caverns was admittedly a boring place. Being an abandoned mine, it was devoid of any kind of life besides the giant green mushrooms I sustained myself on. Besides those, just plain grey rocks upon rocks, ruined lookouts with decaying, molding wood, a couple dated explosives, and the occasional forgotten treasure I’d dig out of some dark corner. Living here was plain, but necessary. (edited)

Every once in a while, a navy ship would dock here to make sure no criminal was here, and I’d have to kill them if they found me. But it was better off hiding, for the disappearance of a Navy crew was incredibly suspicious. Other times, some lone hero or Navy member would sail here to guard the place from criminals. Those I had to kill, there was no way around it. They were oftentimes weak, thankfully, and would just be some stronger than average marine or an upstart hero who had barely any combat experience. I’d kill them easily, loot whatever I could, and chuck their corpses into the sea. I didn’t want any evidence here for the Navy to suspect me more than they did of being here.

One afternoon I located a wooden chest sitting on a rock near the back of the rocky island. Carefully, I maneuvered my way there, watching small stones shaken from the steps fall into the torrential ocean below. Today was not a good day to swim. I pried the chest open, using my axe to help snap the creaking old lock. Inside was only a few galleons, two or three, and an old, unused notebook. I lifted the book, which was oddly enough in good shape, and flipped through the pages. Dust flitted through the air, a sign of its antiquity. From my guess, it looked like some kind of naval log, at least a decade old. Who had put it there? But regardless, I did happen to have some ink with me. Seeing as though life on this island wasn’t very eventful… I began to write.

Bonus 2: Boyle in the WoM remake

9 Likes

hello hi i am here

it is boyling time

im gonna try to find a small server, then its go

edit: join ClassyCrazygabe for boyle

ps. only one rival at a time per character

i found a smaller server, still join ClassyCrazygabe

boyle odyssey

upd: i have obtained boilship

@SoupSnakeSal
and @Bio
are now boilers

Boiling

i just barely missed on getting boyle to be my rival ): battle is my true rival ):<

How do we make sure he doesn’t get executed?

Boyle is already a rival; he can’t get executed

Battle ended up spawning four times in a row once

battle reset my boyle counter ):<

I decided to put Battle in studio too

I’m at school, sad

@Goopman wanna do it now?

i can now if you want

still here?

yes
im gonna see if i can find a small server to make this easier