⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ Bountiful Information!

Explore More Anchors:

wheel

Created by Cryonical, edited by DocTheWarBird!

Monday, August 15, 2022 (US)

:headphones:

Sound Magic!

Umbra

Composed by Shirobon

:scroll:

The Hook!

Hey, this is Cryonical! Welcome back to another anchor of The Odyssey Feed :wave:! We’ve got a lot to cover today, so let’s dive right in :nod:.

First of all, we have a nerf to renown from sinking ships. The gain or loss from doing so has been cut in half.

Second, an interesting change that’s not really for the game, but for the Test UI. Renown can no longer be changed to any number besides 0. This could possibly be because high renown values set by the Test UI were causing issues/bugs or were undesirable :thinking:.

Next up, we actually have a brand new accessory: The hairband :poggers2:! It can be bought at tailors and also found in chests :nod:.

And now, we’ve got more bounty board information! Last time we saw there would be a “World’s Most Wanted” tab, and we’re finally getting a look at this :ok_hand:! It’ll show the top 100 players in terms of how low their renown is. Remember that Negative renown and bounty are the same thing.

These 100 players will all get a title both above their head and on the leaderboard, and will have a colored name matching the title. Not only this, but the top two tiers have special icons :flushed:! Here are all the tiers for the global bounty board:

• Emperor of the Sea (1-4)
  • Warlord of the Sea (5-14)
  • Most Wanted (15-28)
  • Demon (29-50)
  • Tyrant (51-100)

These titles are a super cool addition, and you’re gonna see a lot more color variety on the leaderboard now! I can’t wait to see some really well known players up (maybe some fellow forumers :mariomug:) there near or at the “Emperor of the Sea” title. But these aren’t the only titles, as we’ll see later :eyes:.

Also, if you have one of those titles, make sure to unequip your Donator titles if you have any of them, since it won’t appear otherwise :eye:.

Finally for this version, Cheap Shot and Devastate visuals have been revamped! Next version :point_down:!

As we can see, there’s something quite suspicious here :face_with_raised_eyebrow::mag:… this being the “Mysterious Figure” present next to every Wanted Board. They present you with not only some dialogue introducing themselves, but two new bounty boards, both with the name “Assassination Contracts”.

The first one of these is for good rep players :chart_with_upwards_trend:. It works exactly the way as the bounty board, except Good Reputation players show up instead. One galleon is offered for every point of Fame they have, similarly to negative reputation/bounty :nod:.

Just like the Bounty Board, there’s a top 100 fame leaderboard UI here. Here’s the titles, which work the same way as the bounty-linked ones do:

• Monarch of the Sea (1-4)
  • Guardian of the Sea (5-14)
  • War Saint (15-28
  • Legendary Hero (29-50)
  • Savior (51-100)

The second board I was talking about is for the Grand Navy. It works just like the other boards, but we’re not sure what determines what exactly determines your spot on the board. However, Vetex has given us the leaderboard titles for it :poggers2:!

• Navy Admiral (1-4)
  • Navy Vice Admiral (5-14)
  • Navy Rear Admiral (15-28)
  • Navy Commodore (29-50)
  • Navy Commander (51-100)

Now onto the next version:

The first one is one that was talked among testers for a while, but essentially what it means is when you parry an attack, the parry window comes up right again, meaning if another attack hits you in close timing, that will be parried as well with you just holding down your G button :flushed:. This also means if you parry any hits of a multiblast and keep holding down the block button, it will parry the rest of them! A super nice change for a lot of reasons :fire:.

After this, we have basically half the skills being revamped, these being Flying Slash, Gun Draw: Rapid Fire, Impaling Strike, Knocking Blitz, Dagger Throw, Multi Shot, Onslaught, and Piercing Combo. We love to see it :ok_hand:! Next up, we have this:

This is a rather comical image posted in the Vetex Discord general chat showing a small portion of the bounty board UI, its significance being that it shows the entirety of the wanted poster appearance, along with the Wanted poster coward animation (As confirmed by Vetex himself). It’s really good looking :pray:!

Here’s the last version for today’s anchor:

We already knew about the symbols for the top 2 of every leaderboard, which means 6 unique icons.

However, what is brand new is that for every leaderboard renown title, there’s a new badge given to you once you obtain it :medal_sports:! That’s a whole lot of badges. Not only this, but now whenever you gain a badge it shows a message in that server saying you got the badge :mega:, which makes it seem just a bit more significant.

Lastly, several more weapons skills have been revamped, and the weapon revamp is nearing completion! Piercing Gale, Piercing Shot, and Polearm Throw have been redone :mariomug:.

Here’s the very last thing for today. @Broly (The goat fr :pray:) gives his thoughts on what the grand navy colors should be, and Vetex gives a response saying what it could be. What would your ideal colors be for the grand navy? For me, maybe white, silver, and purple, but i’m pretty happy with what I see here :eyes:.

Anyways, that’s about it for this anchor of The Odyssey Feed. Peace out :v:!

:popcorn:

On Topic!

Describe Arcane universe lore as short as you can

Posted by @Bluemin_Sword

We’re all familiar (I hope) with the document containing the Arcane Universe lore. It’s quite in-depth and interesting, with twists and turns and complex events :fire:. However, what if we were to… spice it up a bit and make it as short as possible? We definitely have some comedy masters here, so step right up :nod:!

:art:

Arcane Art!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/988900860157374565/1008454536114999427/0001-0260.mp4

Earth Flaunt

Created by @Maple

Maple was the riddle answerer for this anchor, so they shouldn’t be here as well but there’s no other choices. This is quite great anyways :nod:! It depicts a mage using their flaunt in order to conjure a small rock. Looking at it fondly, nothing bad will happen to them and they will continue to cast their gaze upon the rock. Nothing bad will happen :mariomug:.

:pencil2:

Writing Wizardry!

Ruins of Charon Pt. 1

Written by @Shellseawing

Xavier, a notable individual with a heart of gold who is presumably part of the Magic Council and works an important job, donating 50% of it to charities across Magius, comes to Charon. A beautiful town near the Ashen Volcano, with the leaves shifted wonderful colors from the approaching winter. His studies are quite important… What will he learn?

:mag:

The Chart!

Last anchor’s riddle solver was @Maple! Congratulations for being the first to crack it!

The answer was… ”Cold Corporation”!

You open the chart, and it reads…

Magic8

First to comment or message me with the answer will get a shoutout next anchor!

:link:

Important Links

The Odyssey Feed

The Odyssey Feed Discord Server

Arcane Odyssey Trello

The Arcane Lily

Thanks for reading!

Someone please tell me that school is not starting in just 2 days :sleeper:.

24 Likes

ball

2 Likes

Epic odyssey feed

as for the chart, I really want to say light magic as it’s the 8th magic on the list

1 Like

What list you going off?

magic types

1 Like

wood

1 Like

nvm its only on magic types

1 Like

Got it.

1 Like

oof i was close

1 Like

anyway imma post my silly game idea :skull:

1 Like

nice sound magic m yes

1 Like

haha double ping

1 Like

:frcryin:

2 Likes

W feed as always, lots of interesting information this time around

2 Likes

School already got me into the Christmas Mood

1 Like

School is starting in just one day.

Great issue of ToF, like always.

1 Like

me scrolling to the bottom of the post so i can like it

2 Likes

There’s a table of contents 'ya know

hopefully some titles the general playerbase will have any hope of getting can be added.

1 Like

Badge titles maybe.

1 Like