⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ Well Executed!

Explore More Anchors:

wheel

Created by Cryonical, edited by DocTheWarBird!

Thursday, August 18, 2022 (US)

:headphones:

Sound Magic!

Drone

Composed by Onett

:scroll:

The Hook!

Welcome back to another anchor of The Odyssey Feed :wave:! We’re not gonna dillydally a whole lot and instead get right into the Arcane Odyssey information! First of all, here’s a list on the World of Magic page showing off every badge for each Renown title. Presumably, they also show the color scheme of each title :paintbrush:! It’s definitely interesting.

Second up, we have some information from Vetex himself! Here we can see a screenshot of him confirming that the organization the Mysterious Figures belong to will be player joinable in the future :eyes:. It’s quite intriguing since we really don’t know much about them in the first place.

Next, we’ll move on to the trello :point_down:!

We already got a look at what WANTED posters look like, but now we’re on the next step! Selecting one of these posters will expand its image, and feature “Hunt” and “Close” buttons. Another box has a quite unique feature :mag:. If the player has a negative reputation, it lists their “Crimes and Feats”, giving statistics on the things they’ve done that granted negative reputation. If they’re positive reputation, it’s called “Deeds and Feats”, and works similarly except for positive reputation :nod:. Here’s an image of it:

As we can see, they’ve murdered innocents in quite the rookie numbers, this number being a pitiful 1,176 :joy_cat:. You can also see quite a few people in the background, including me :sunglasses:. Last for this version, we have the revamps of Primal Swipe, Quick Combo, and Quickdraw :dash:. Let’s take a look at v1.9.135!

First, we can see that dust has been optimized. That’s one of the reasons destruction can be so laggy, and it definitely seems a lot better :+1:! Optimizations like this are pretty dope and help out the game a lot.

Next, we have a lot of information about how bounty hunting will work :poggers2:! I’ll sum it up for you:

Pressing the “Hunt” button on a target will give you a holdable copy of their wanted poster/assassination contract that you’re able to hold, so that you can remember their username and face :brain:. You can switch what target you’re hunting whenever you want by just selecting a new target :v:.

Once you kill the player you’re after, your hunting target will reset, your held poster will disappear, and you will get 50-500 galleons depending on how high their bounty is :moneybag:. Obviously, having their full bounty would be completely broken :sleeper:!

However, on top of this, the victim will lose 5% of their fame if their renown is positive or bounty if their renown is negative, and this value will be given to the player that successfully hunted them (It’ll be Bounty if the target had positive renown and Fame if they had negative renown), but multiplied by 0.8x :thinking:. This reduces inflation and makes sure numbers don’t get too high :chart_with_downwards_trend:. As you can see, there’s plans to counter this if it is ever an issue, such as seasonal renown wipes.

When a bounty hunt is completed, you will be notified of your success, along with the galleons and renown change, and the other player will also receive a notification saying that they were bounty hunted, along with their renown change :mariomug:. There’s some future plans at quality of life, such as penalizing combat logs to avoid getting whooped by your hunter, along with losing less renown if you’re teamed up on :punch:.

So, bounty hunting is a pretty good way to get money if you’re great at pvp, and renown if you want those numbers to go up and aim for a title :rocket:! If you don’t want to get manhunted, stay neutral rep or possibly some low numbers if you can :warning:. It’s definitely a really sick system that adds a whole new depth to the game :frsleepin::ok_hand:

Finishing up this version, Raging Impact, Rain of Arrows, and Rising Tide have all received a makeover :mirror:. Now, let’s take a break for just a moment and look at some fish :fish:, posted by Noble in the Vetex Discord general chat.

It’s already over :frcryin:? Oh well. Let’s move onto version 1.9.136!

Here’s a rather overdue change… Hover has finally been disabled after Vetex has confirmed it’s promotion to a lost spell in the future. It also seems it will be getting a much-needed rework :sparkles:!

Next, the physical posters for bounties on the leaderboard and in your server (3:1 ratio) will actually physically appear on the board :eyes:! Definitely adds to the immersion and gives you a quick hint before even pressing “E” at who wasn’t very nice today :smiling_imp:.

Now, for a nice addition to the bounty system: After a successful hunt, 5 minutes can pass until you can hunt a player again (Not sure if it means any player or the player you killed to trigger this timer :shrug:). It’s also been revealed there that killing a player who is hunting you will award you with renown for defending yourself :shield:. Interesting stuff!

Here’s a few more weapon revamps: Seismic Slash, Shield Bash, Shield Throw, Shining Cycle, Skull Crusher, Spin Attack, Spiraling Fury, Storm of Arrows, Striking Gale, and Sword Draw: Flash Strike have been redone. That’s a lot of the letter S :mariomug:! Now, here’s a look at another wanted poster!

Nothing new, but we also get a look at an interesting character :face_with_raised_eyebrow:. In the words of the legendary ClashMaster…

I don’t know, but it seems the image is cropped so that we can’t see the horrible things he’s done :scream:… or his poster wasn’t clicked on :fr:. Next version!

First of all, here’s the combat logging punishment at last. Doing so at all will now give you the same Fame/Bounty loss as getting successfully hunted does, which effectively makes it pointless to do so (besides spiting the player hunting you :fr:). Don’t do that, though :-1:! The second promised change is also a pity for getting ganged up on. If you were hit by more than one player before you were defeated by a hunter, the amount of Bounty/Fame lost will be less. This also means that the amount of Bounty/Fame the hunter gets will be less, since it’s 80% of the Renown that the victim lost :nod:.

Now, let’s get into some spicy stuff :pepper:. Freeing a prisoner will now take 5% of your fame :punch:, and if that amount lost is lower than 5,000, you will lose that amount instead. However, if you have negative Renown, it will raise that by 1,000 :chart_with_upwards_trend:.

What prisoners, you ask? Well, being killed by a hunter will now put you in one of two different jail areas (Presumably for this sea): There’s a few cages for players with negative renown in Palo Town, and a few for positive renown players on the Stepstones. However, it’s been said that these cages will be replaced once the next 3 islands are added :eyes:. For now, getting bounty hunted is the only way to get jailed, but of course that’s because the Grand Navy hasn’t been added yet.

The amount of time you will be in jail is seconds equal to your renown/bounty divided by 66 :thinking:. Similarly to World of Magic, you cannot have a jail sentence under 30 seconds, and can’t have one over 10 minutes :hourglass:. While it might seem boring in jail, you’ll get to take a good look at the new handcuffs model… so that’s a plus :fr:.

Now, a ten minute sentence won’t do for one of the most notorious players on the seas, will it? That’s why if you have over 50,000 bounty, then after your jail sentence ends you will be executed :skull:. Depending on what sea you’re in, you’ll get teleported to an execution platform (The one for the Bronze Sea is in Palo Town) that will spawn in just for you :blush:.

The entire server will be notified of your imminent execution and it’s location :sleeper:. And after a short amount of time, another notification will be sent out announcing you are just about to be executed. Most likely just a few seconds after this, you will be executed. Right now, it just fades to black and you die, but it’ll be more in-depth once the Grand Navy is added :nod:. We’re not sure if you’ll just die normally or if there will be other consequences.

However, not all hope is lost for that unfortunate soul. Because in the time they are on the platform about to be executed, if another player manages to get past the Grand Navy guards protecting the execution (There aren’t guards right now, of course :mariomug:) then you can free the player being executed, which will cancel the execution :boom:.

However, your friend will have to be willing to take the consequences; if they have fame it will greatly decrease it, and if they have bounty, it will increase it. Not only this, but their “Notoriety” will be increased to the maximum. We don’t know what that is, so it’s quite exciting. Make sure you’ve got a friend to bust you out jail if you’re planning to do some big-time crime :moneybag:.

Well, that’s about it for this anchor. Cya next time!

:popcorn:

On Topic!

AO suddenly becomes real. Now what?

Posted by @CrimsonCreate

I’m sure at some point, we’ve all been watching/playing something rather entertaining and thought “I wish this was real!” Once you really start to think about it, though, things can get worrisome :cold_sweat:. At first glance, AO seems like an amazing place to live. It’ll be a fun video game, why not fun in real life? Well… real life has permadeath, so I guess that’s one of the factors :headstone:.

:art:

Arcane Art!

Totally Accurate Arcane: Theos’ Day Out

Created by @Tobi

Another day, another glorious post by Tobi :fire:. In this one, despite his nearly thousand years of witnessing death, fighting wars, and chasing down his arch-nemesis (Who he’s now sitting next to :thinking:), the War Phoenix dreads the incoming drop on the rollercoaster while Durza bugs him about it. Definitely some pretty funny material :ok_hand:

:pencil2:

Writing Wizardry!

ADIM: Lost Things - Chapter IX: Ego, Exhaustion, Emptiness

Written by @BNTarwarn

We join BNT on yet another simplistic but intriguing story about the dynamic relationship between characters in the continent of Magius :nod:. It seems John is going through a tough time. His friends know him too well, and exhaustion sets in as he tries to organize his life the best he can :sleeper:. And when Carson comes for something, John’s choice is in your hands :handshake:!

:mag:

The Chart!

Last anchor’s riddle solver was @SomewhatUnnamed! Congratulations for being the first to crack it!

The answer was… ”Wood Magic”!

You open the chart, and it reads…

# Ships Sunken

First to comment or message me with the answer will get a shoutout next anchor!

:link:

Important Links

The Odyssey Feed Topic

The Odyssey Feed Discord Server

The Odyssey Feed Master Document

Arcane Odyssey Trello

The Arcane Lily

Thanks for reading!

I’m so sorry for the title pun. And no, I won’t stop doing that.

22 Likes

191?

whoa why did the quote bold

1 Like

Idk! I’m going off of the Ships sunk stat btw.

7 then?

1 Like

There we are.

Damn I was thinking the ghost ships from AA

1 Like

i ve added these pics to media doc

epic as aways

1 Like

mimhere is real

1 Like

fr bro

step up your game @Mimhere

1 Like

Another day, the more hype I gain for this silly lego magic game.

1 Like

Suffering since my computer always crashes in a fight

1 Like

Oh dang.

i wonder how the picture was took/decided for the bounty

no no please keep doing it

i like it

2 Likes

wowie i can’t wait to be hanged in my wholesome magic lego game

5 Likes
  1. Go to closest village
  2. Destroy every building and slaughter every person in the village with sword
  3. Hop on AO
2 Likes

Do you also like playing magic lego game after mass murder?

2 Likes

:smiley:

2 Likes

Cryo apocalypse bringer file leaked?

1 Like

Nah, it’s just my irl kill count is way higher

5 Likes

I confirm, he tried to murder me while he was a snowman in my AO dream last night

2 Likes