The Odyssey Feed ~ Issue #2

The Odyssey Feed

The convenient weekly newspaper for Arcane Odyssey

Produced and written by Fang C. Percy.

12/7/2020

FORUM CHANGES!

We have some different news here as many users have noticed large changes within the forums late last week and early this week. We made breaking news about it and many have made topics about it, further publicizing the new changes, and we’re sure Vetex and his team will keep fine tuning the forums.

Much of the GUI has turned blue, and the World of Magic Home Page icon has turned into that of Arcane Odyssey. Here’s an image we shared in our breaking news last week. Please note this is subject to change, and that you can always change the colors back to what they were before these changes, in case you’re not feeling the blue! :nod:

We’ll keep updating you on new forum changes. In the meantime, why don’t you vote on what you think about the new colors in this poll by @Cosmos? I think it’s looking slick! :mariomug:

Trello News

Now here’s some news worth listening to from the Arcane Odyssey Trello… Boat stats have been finished, and there’s MANY more than we thought there would be! We’ve got the full dish of these different boat stats, all displayed in the Shipyard UI that Vetex has also been working on recently.

Screenshot 2020-11-29 at 12.09.44 PM

9 Different, some totally unexpected statistics being added to the long-awaited boat system in Arcane Odyssey. Wait, Magic Storage…? Cargo or dare I say it… Magic boats? :poggers2:

Or maybe it’s for magic cannonballs or such, says @Dragon. Well, we’ll find out soon.

But there’s more! According to Vetex on the trello, the shipyard is now accessible and usable through the inventory, which is a huge burst of progress coming from our dearest developer.

Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 10.25.41 AM

In my opinion, the shipyard will be an amazing thing in Arcane Odyssey, building on to the amazing system Arcane Adventures already had, but with many improvements. Let’s hope the stats we talked about earlier make it even better!

With our new shipyard and our even more anticipated boat equip slots, it’s looking like a future brighter than Aether magic for this growing-by-the-minute game!

You thought it was over? Think again! Vetex has also finished the rowboat, the first ship to be added to the game. Ships will be an essential part of Arcane Odyssey, allowing players to travel from place to place. The boat mechanics in Arcane Adventures were ahead of their time, so will Arcane Odyssey succeed it’s predecessor? Will the amount of ships in Arcane Adventures grow larger than the ships on the forum art section? :eyes: Well probably not, but ships will be many of our favorite and most nostalgic parts of the game for years to come. :nod:

Here’s an image of the new sailboat and shipyard. It really is looking cool. Notice how much work went into the new stats, the sailboat model, the GUI, and more. Keep up the amazing work, Vetex!

Shipyard_Leak

New boat SFX and boat-applicable status effects have been added as well. Can we get a poggers in the comments below? :poggers2:

Forum Topics of the Week

The trend continues! After @ThatAsianInTheCorner decided to christmas-ify everyone, @Rezan has decided to… Well, put graffiti on everyone! That is, if they comply. I personally haven’t had my profile picture covered with graffiti, but i’m sure some of you have and will. Whether it’s lazer eyes or yo momma jokes, this topic’s got a lot going around! Graffiti Santa hats, anyone? :eyes:

Here’s a legendary leak that’s gained 400+ views in just a few days. We finally know what Morden, the first NPC in the game serving Theos’s role from Arcane Adventures looks like. His appearance was revealed in a topic by @CorndadFurnace, presumably a tester or friends with one.

According to @LittleShrekSheep, the GIF was allowed through since Vetex didn’t see Morden appear on it, in some way. We also saw the new magic circles, which people had mixed feelings about. I personally think they look good. What about you?

Seems like @liu ‘s doing some work for the forum community, with her Forum Check-up / Name Change topic. If you want to see how close you are to the highly-regarded Regular rank, or want to change your username easily, here’s the place to do it!

Funniest Forum Comment of the Week

Please note that this is an opinion and that many comments may have been missed.

@liu comments a picture of her pet horse, which has started a war of forumers flexing their large, scaly, monstrous pets. Made me laugh pretty hard, would like to horse-back ride that thing sometime. She also showed her pet Guppy, which seems to be about as large as an elephant. This was posted on a face reveal that’s turned into many things, resulting in almost 700 comments and Meta closing the page. Blew up super fast, and i’m glad it did! Check out some of the forumer’s faces, as well. :nod:

Here’s Some Art or Writing You Should See!

DurzaVsTheosArt

Again, we’re having art this week. The good work never stops! This time it’s Durza vs. Theos in an insane image of Theos and Durza standing, facing each other, ready for a battle. I never envisioned Durza looking like that, but now I do. I feel that it perfectly fits his personality. @tong did great work on this image, it’s personality, and the look of both characters. Great job!

I originally planned multiple pieces of writing and art to be here… Procrastination and lack of time have denied that. Sorry, Magians!

Thanks for reading this week’s edition of The Odyssey Feed!

17 Likes

Sorry for the procrastination! xD

This did not disappoint. Really cool to see a forum newspaper and recap of the week.

3 Likes

Was supposed to publish last saturday, lol. If you don’t want me to @ you, just let me know

Thanks for the positive feedback! :nod:

who the fuck pinged me

oh right

1 Like

Know it’s a joke but if someone seriously doesn’t want me to ping them they can tell me lol

(Already know not to ping vetex and am careful around the mods)

bruh where is my writing :frpensive:

1 Like

I was going to, lol.

I procrastinated too long and had to publish it

i had better get the entire section to myself B)

1 Like

Intense sweating

You feel the weight of this entity’s expectations on your back.

1 Like

You have to publish writing this week tho, and it has to be better than the rest of this week’s writing

what
what
what
what
how

1 Like

Idk :frhigh:

https://youtu.be/aES3XaSD9wc me when the

1 Like

Yes, unfortunately I ran out of likes

Are we getting a end of the year edition

Not sure, man. Will probably put something special but I have no plans as of now.

Much look forward to it

My whole info dump thing seems to be already taken here, (Much more news and better formatting than mine) maybe have some sort of news mega post. where you keep editing to add more news feed.

Maybe something like...

This. just put the news pages in slots like these to allow the mega post to be readable

And yeah! maybe add the date of the issue so people don’t get confused/read outdated news. I’d read the mega post! anyhoo. gonna go read issue 1…

Edit: Oh yeah. you should probably read this post from meta himself to make sure you can make the mega post safely and rule abiding

Link to the post

Necrobumping: The Dos and Don’ts - Guides and Tutorials / Forum Guides - Arcane Odyssey