The Odyssey Feed ~ Issue #7

The Odyssey Feed
The convenient weekly newspaper for Arcane Odyssey
Produced and written by Fang C. Percy.

2/27/2021

Trello News

Well, we did it boys, Version 1.5! Even before this, we have quite a few changes to cover. Though mostly much smaller than our normal news, it’s quite important to cover them.

First and probably most important, Vetex is revamping the UI again! He’s been doing this for a lot of the week so far. Let’s give him a round of applause for his hard work. Every second he spends works towards a better experience for the player. So far, most of the GUI has been revamped, though I could be wrong. Excited to see possible sneak peeks soon! :eyes:

Besides the new UI that Vetex is working on, what else has been going on? Well, mostly smaller things so far. Some cosmetic things such as Magic and spell creation matching the color of the magic.

Also, item rarity appearance changes:

Screenshot 2021-02-26 at 10.11.14 AM

Here’s an interesting change shown on the Trello i’d like to cover. Some stats were removed, see here.

Screenshot 2021-02-26 at 10.12.42 AM

I can see why some of these were implemented, others not as much. For example, due to being unable to harm town NPCs, threats likely won’t exist anymore, so threats caused won’t be a thing. Quests accepted will be gone since repeatable quests won’t be important to the story mainly, same with quests abandoned. Notices received and Galleons lost by fines are interesting. Maybe you won’t be fined when you destroy things in a town. Interesting! :nod:

But what about more cosmetic changes? Vetex has added a “Shine” effect whenever you equip an item in your inventory. Unsure why this was added, maybe to show other players you’re equipping something. Sounds cool nonetheless. You’ll also get this notification when you get an item from a chest, enchant something, or upgrade. The shine will match the color of the rarity.

Now for some chest and Galleon stuff. The icon for our new and shiny golden coin has been changed again.

Screenshot 2021-02-26 at 10.21.08 AM

New notification changes. Not sure how this will vary from the current notifications, but i’m sure it will be bigger and better. (Well, maybe not bigger.) :fr: Interesting. Also, he mentions gems here. I’m remembering the treasure piles from AA. Good memories!

Also, your reputation bar only appears when your reputation goes up and down. It’ll also display how much it changed by and what changed it. This change will possibly help guide players in the right direction, and will be more convenient and fun to play with. You can still see your current reputation title on the left of the screen above your name!

Here are convenience and space changes. The story UI will take up less space and only show “Critical Information”. It’ll be on the bottom right, and upon clicked will show the full objective. Also, a spell customization option will no longer have a description, but a “?” that you hover over to have that description. Sounds a lot easier to use, and it will take up less space now. Good job! Image in case you’re unsure.

Screenshot 2021-02-26 at 10.31.22 AM

What about teams, they’ll be affected by different quests too, right? Yep. The “Teamwork” option has been removed, since Vetex says it’s only for repeatables and would be confusing.

We’re getting more exciting things than that, though. We finally have our first quest giver. Vetex has finished those other things and is working on Redwake Side quests now. Excited for possible pics of all the things we’ve seen in the past, plus some new UI.

Screenshot 2021-02-27 at 3.07.57 PM

Markers changed, along with more looks into the Quest UI. We can see the galleons the story gives along with other things. :nod:

Later on in the Trello, we can see you can have up to 4 active quests at a time, and the quest for the NPC shown earlier is obtainable. Good work, Vetex! No new pics or codes were released this week, so sorry about that! :frhigh: We will most definitely get some next week to show you forumers!

Forum Topics of the Week

Looks like we have some new leaders on our forum from this post by @Meta. 5 users have been promoted to Trust Level 4, also known as leader! This is the biggest amount added at one time ever. According to Meta and others, these people have shown large amounts of leadership, virtue, and honorable traits. So…

Congrats to @anon64436269, @UnitVector, @anon70689050, @Inferno, and @Acid!

Hope you have a good time on the forum with your new rank, and stay leaders to our community! Wow, I just pinged a lot of people. Nice job!

What an interesting question to ask here. If you had your own personal army, what WOULD you do with it? That’s what is being asked in this post by @T-34_76. Personally, I would rally an army of Eggdogs, which I clearly expressed in the post. Other people had good ideas as well. Go ahead and share your thoughts!

Welcome to RBA’s 4th Devlog to his new game, called Roblox Battle Arena. In this game, you can fight with a variety of swords, weapons, and heal yourself to heal with a large map with several secrets. Try and find them. This is by @Morden. Acid is helping him aswell, and his inspiration came from bacon_creator. Cool game!

Art of the Week

c10b906d80930b1aeb830a389797ffe748e45f25_2_690x388

Here’s “Chillin’ at Redwake” by @BNTarwarn! I chose this mainly because of how creative it was. It’s a mosaic/geometric art piece with a beautiful lighting touch to it, and I love how the characters look. Geometric art! The first of its kind I have seen in the forums. Amazing art!

Writing of the Week

I had a lot of writing to go through this week, but as soon as I saw this one, it was an immediate winner. Here’s Part 1 of “War in Heaven” by @Danny_Zou. This is arguably the best writing i’ve seen on the forum so far, and it reads like a short book. While I didn’t have time to finish reading or analyze it, War in Heaven is a very cool read. Congrats!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cPWRNreRKmE2RCjILoFOBczURDgKDI_V/view

Here’s a Puzzle For You…

Last week’s Riddle Solver is… Nobody! Try again. If nobody solves it by Issue #8, I’ll do a different one. Here’s an extra letter to help you out.

~

This week’s continued Riddle is…

MagicsOverviewLink1

S p _ _ _ _

First to message or ping me with the answer will get a shoutout next week’s issue! No cheating!

Thanks for reading this week’s edition of The Odyssey Feed!

17 Likes

Thanks for all the support on this series!

3 Likes

Hehe, great news once again. Good work on this lad.

3 Likes

Congrats to our new Leaders, artists (Especially those doing the collab), writers, and everyone else. Forum news was very fruitful this week!

2 Likes

:poggers2:

I am glad to hear it reads like a short book because it almost qualifies as a novelette.

3 Likes

:nod:xael must be proud

This news is :poggers2:

1 Like

poggers

1 Like

This is honestly a great addition to the forums. It makes this place seem more real and alive. The whole idea of having a feed that people can read is really clever and neat to me, so very good job to you, Fang.

1 Like

It was really surreal to read, I haven’t seen many things that good from someone who hasn’t published anything.

1 Like

Publishing is the dream of any writer… and success the dream of any published writer.

Thanks for the praise, it is very high indeed. I’m really glad you have a writing section in the feed, and it’s really well put together, covers everything that I missed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.