⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ The Grand Navy's Completion!

Navigator
2022-10-15T23:40:00Z
Written by Cryonical, edited by DocTheWarBird
Sound Magic!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Sound Magic! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
The Hook!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ The Hook! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Hey, this is Cryonical :wave:. Welcome back to another anchor of The Odyssey Feed! In this round of Arcane Odyssey information, we have a lot of new things to look over and look forward to :mariomug:! Let’s get started!

Here, we’re seeing some first details on how the clan menu works differently when you’re in the Grand Navy! The first thing we’ve been given is that there’s obviously no member list, as it’s definitely going to have a ton of members (And would probably lag you out to see the list :sleeper:). Of course a large multitude of people will join it because of its special qualities and endorsement by the game itself :nod:.

What other special qualities, you ask? Some of those will be later, but the next one we’ll look at is the Grand Navy clan bank :moneybag:. Since it wouldn’t really make sense for it to work the same way as a normal clan, it’s been replaced by “Personal Funds”, in which the storage increases depending on your rank. The way it works is of course self explanatory; very interesting :thinking:! Additionally, you can no longer dispense Galleons into any clan bank during combat.

And just like a normal clan, you can of course leave, invite others no matter what rank you are, and more :+1:. Additionally, if you have a bounty, you will get kicked from the Grand Navy. Don’t commit war crimes or break a window (instant death :skull:) if you want to stay in their leagues!

Next, members of the Grand Navy are no longer considered “innocents” and murdering one instead counts as a separate crime on the bounty board and execution dialogue :speaking_head:. Makes pretty good sense.

Lastly, Ravenna, the last major story island for the Bronze Sea has begun construction. Can’t wait to inevitably see what it looks like at some point :eye:!

Here’s some in-depth information on how ranks work in the Grand Navy :frhigh:! In the Grand Navy Clan UI, there’s a hover over for Ranks, which shows you all the ranks, your current rank and Grand Navy leaderboard position, and the requirements for each rank, which will certainly help a lot!

Each rank has its own (drippy :fire:) uniform that you’ll wear, and you’ll start with the “Marine” rank. Your rank is based on your fame, with the top 5 ranks additionally relying on your position on the Grand Navy leaderboard, and not solely fame, which we saw earlier with the inclusion of the renown system :nod:. I won’t list all of those requirements since you can just look at the trello image :skull:. There are special notifications for being promoted/demoted in the Grand Navy, as well!

Grand Navy members cannot damage Grand Navy NPCs, Grand Navy vessels, and other players in the Grand Navy, so it seems there won’t be any form of pvp between them. It does add that sense of unity, though :thinking:, and makes sure you won’t accidentally destroy your comrades.

The uniforms are now functional, and also important, especially because Grand Navy NPCs will salute you (the player :nod:) if you are a higher rank than them in the Grand Navy :saluting_face:. It’s immersive and interesting features like this that make the game so good!

On top of this, the Grand Navy logo, ship colors, and a visual Grand Navy crew appearance :eyes: will be permanently applied to the ship of any players in the Grand Navy :paintbrush:, and trying to paint your ship will not work. This lets you easily recognize ships of Grand Navy players and matches well with the existing Grand Navy NPC ships :ok_hand:.

And of course, progress on Ravenna continues :boom:!

Silverhold is now the spawn island for Grand Navy players who have completed the current story, which is great and makes a lot of sense as it’s the Grand Navy base for the bronze sea :thinking:!

Grand Navy players will also now get 1/5th of the normal Renown obtained from hunting if they defeat a criminal and weren’t hunting them, and the criminal will be arrested . Since the Grand Navy are essentially the police of the War Seas, it makes sense that defeating a criminal will arrest them and get you a bit of fame without having to take their poster from your own bounty board :v:.

And now, Notoriety, the 5 star measure of how much the Grand Navy is wanting to arrest you and how much they know where you are, is beginning to obtain that functionality! Different tiers and levels of Grand Navy ships will spawn, track the player down, and jump off the ship and chase them when they get very close to the player :dash:. We’ll see more details in the next version!

Here, we can see Vetex’s college thesis essay :cold_sweat:. Let’s first continue from where we left off and talk about further information on Grand Navy ship spawning. Every 10 minutes when you have notoriety, or instantly when your notoriety increases, if there aren’t too many of these ships already and there aren’t ships already chasing you, these Grand Navy ships will spawn and track you down, sailing towards you, and will also attack your ship :crossed_swords:. They’ll become neutral once you no longer have Notoriety or you die, but they’ll still attack you naturally if you have a bounty :gun:.

If you don’t get arrested, you won’t have to worry about possibly being stuck in a death loop for the rest of your gameplay, due to starving to death in jail (And your jail time being reset for some reason :fr:? Idk, tell me if i’m missing something because I probably am) and being soft locked in a death loop. Truly a terrible fate :ghost:!

Now, NPC ships will turn around when nearing the Dark Sea… maybe you can escape the Grand Navy ships chasing you that way! Or maybe you could get eaten by an uncharted sea monster two minutes in :headstone:.

The majority of this version explains a whole new system that will replace Infamy for the Grand Navy; influence :punch:. It’s a server-exclusive meter that can be viewed by Grand Navy members in their Clan UI (And players in the server will receive notifications when it changes a lot) which starts at 70%. The higher it is, the less pirates will spawn and the Grand Navy will be more present, and the opposite effects will happen when it is low; at 20%, Grand Navy NPCs will stop respawning altogether Grand Navy players will no longer spawn at Silverhold, and it’s stated a special feature will be available :face_with_monocle:.

The meter is increased when islands are claimed by the Grand Navy, players are arrested, negative NPCs are defeated, and pirate ships are sunk :chart_with_upwards_trend:. It’s decreased when Grand Navy claimed islands have their claim abolished, Grand Navy ships are sunk, or Grand Navy players are defeated :chart_with_downwards_trend:. It’ll also go up at a very slow rate; 0.2% every 2 minutes if Influence is below it’s starting amount (70% for the Bronze Sea) :nod:. Overall, this is a really neat and immersive feature that adds a big dynamic element to the Grand Navy and their control over the seas :ocean:!

Here’s that interesting mechanic Vetex was talking about :eyes:. When Grand Navy Influence is below 20% in a sea, not only will Influence stop passively refilling, but the Grand Navy base in that sea (in this case, Silverhold) can be captured by any clan :poggers2:, which will award the player that captured it with a badge and title aptly named “Bronze Sea Abolitionist” :boom:, 5 star unclearable notoriety until death :frcryin:, and a server-wide announcement that Silverhold has been overtaken.

Additionally, Silverhold will adapt to the logo and colors of the clan that has overtaking it, essentially making it their castle! Definitely a super interesting mechanic that the influence can get so low that their main base becomes up for grabs :punch:.

Here’s the logo for the badge…It also shows the Grand Navy icon (Our first look at it… looks really neat :eye:! in the form of a torn flag, which I think looks pretty dang cool. Getting this is truly quite the feat, and this badge resembles it perfectly :boom:!

That’s all for today’s anchor of The Odyssey Feed. Peace out :v:!

On Topic!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎On Topic! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

What song(s) do you listen to on Repeat?
Posted by @Shellseawing

Music is quite a big part of all of our leaves, whether you like it or not :nod:! And with such a stupendous variety of genres and composers, you’re certain to find at least something that piques your interest :thinking:! So, what song do you listen to on repeat? I really enjoy a lot of video game music, especially Sonic Mania and Toby Fox’s games, and some older more nostalgic House music :boom:.

Arcane Art!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Arcane Art! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Sin and Storm
Created by @Buddy

Sin and Storm are a pair of powerful weapons from Arcane Reborn (I think :frcryin:???), and here they have been expertly displayed in a super amazing looking graphic from an artist I don’t even recognize… the more the merrier! Both of these sickles have some wonderful effects, and with the lighting and embers it’s quite the complete piece :eyes:. Great job!

Writing Wizardry!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ Writing Wizardry! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎

Trash Writing: Spinoff
Written by @lock

Don’t be fooled by the name of this topic; it’s actually quite genius clickbait by lock, who wrote this, as it’s actually quite decent in my opinion for someone who hasn’t written much before :thinking:. We follow the comical adventures of Bob and Jeff and their encounters with a devious duo of villains, along with many other zany things they interact with along the way :boom:!

https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/t/trash-writing-spinoff/79021

The Chart!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ The Chart! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎

Last anchor’s riddle solver was @sock! Congratulations for being the first to crack it! The answer was… ”Archon of Greenwish”!

You Open The Scroll…

“Commodore ___”

First to comment or message me with the answer will get a shoutout next anchor!

Resources!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ Resources! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎

Thanks for reading!
1.20 is a W!
21 Likes

W feed as always

Kai

You got it, and thank you!

love live the odyssey feed :frcryin:

1 Like

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE VETEX
Pin on Memes

1 Like

I actually watched Minecraft Live and it was cool.
1.20 is defiantly a W! I can’t believe we finally will have functioning book shelves.

It’s the little things like these that I love to see in games.

So if a Grand Navy player has Silverhold as their spawn point and Silverhold is captured, then wouldn’t they spawn in enemy territory, or would their spawn point be changed?

Best news article on the planet as always.

1 Like

you missing some leaks
:troller:

1 Like

Willing to bet that because you didn’t take damage from an outside source the handcuffs didn’t go away, meaning you die with them still on so you’d go back to prison

1 Like

“This is… Requiem”
-Random bounty hunter with wind magic after killing a criminal(the hunger softlock is not fixed yet)

why the fuck theres a hunger system anyways

2 Likes

@Cryonical the curse is real vetex just posted some leaks :skull:

1 Like

me moment

1 Like

I posted that post nearly a year ago:skull:

1 Like

W feed as always

1 Like

Great feed apart from the huge lack of title puns.

1 Like

The Odyssey Feed ~ Gravy’s Ready!

2 Likes

You keep adding the arcane lilly at the bottom but it’s useless

1 Like

No it’s not. It has good resources on it.

1 Like

I find nothing useful, it’s all not updated

1 Like

Maybe when it gets updated it’ll be useful (im talking bout the arcane log, idc about the rest there)

1 Like

That doesn’t me other people don’t.

Sure some of it isn’t updated, but most of it is fine.

1 Like