⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ Places To Be!

Navigator
2022-10-28T17:04:00Z
Written by Cryonical, edited by DocTheWarBird
Sound Magic!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Sound Magic! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Elysium
Composed by @Tobi

The Hook!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ The Hook! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Hey, this is Cryonical :wave:. Welcome back to another anchor of The Odyssey Feed! Today, after quite a while, we have a development update in the Vetex’s Games discord server :poggers2:! Let’s take a look.

This is an interesting video of Vetex using what is implied as the Rushdown skill in order to beat up a “Blackwater Bandit’’ within a very unique looking cave setting. Houses and Criminal Town NPCs can be glimpsed as well :mariomug:! Before getting half their health bar demolished by Vetex’s sudden surge of violence, their dialogue states that Vetex is not welcome there, and that the place must be kept secret :eyes:.

Due to all these factors, It’s been generally assumed by the community that this new and enigmatic area, probably named Blackwater or at least linked to it due to the bandit’s name :nod:, is in fact the criminal town for the Bronze Sea :face_with_monocle:.

Here, we can see a player rowing through the ocean with a large wave or tsunami behind them :ocean:… not quite sure which. We can also see frostmill and the story quest marker pointing to it.

Here’s a unique look at the hot spring island we saw in the Q&A, being doused with a relentless rain storm. We’ve seen some of the island in said Q&A, but this is an interesting view of it with some interesting weather, as well :cloud_with_rain:.

This is our first look at Silverhold :poggers2:! It’s absolutely massive, fit with flags of the Grand Navy’s crest, blue rooftops, and a large dock which we’re looking at. Some trees can also be seen to the right, so there’s some area on the island that’s not those silver bricks and navy blue accents :thinking:. We’re also seeing what Grand Navy ships look like; both a sailboat and a caravel. It’s super great looking and its architecture is pretty superb :fire:.

Moving onto a few trello versions! First, we see the fame requirements for the Grand Navy being increased, after presumably some tester feedback (Though none of their uniforms fit with my files so I haven’t joined myself :nod:). Some balancing is always good!

Speaking of uniforms, the Assassin Syndicate is getting them. Quite a few people were surprised by this :eyes:, especially since they’re, well, assassins. It seems they might have some tricks up their sleeves, but we’ll have to wait and see what these tricks (and sleeves) are :hourglass:.

Ravenna is finally finished. That’s also why we don’t have as many trello versions this week, though the wait will certainly be worth it :frhigh:! It seems to have several areas, each with their own themes, along with NPCs, quests, and of course, shop NPCs :thinking:. Notably, Oranges, Marula, and Tomatoes can be found growing here, with the latter two being completely new to the game! It’s stated they’ll bring unique recipes, which is really neat :sparkles:. It seems Ravenna will bring a lot to the table!

Also, the max amount of criminals/heros (The NPCs) in each server has been increased by 2, meaning you can find up to 6 heroes and 6 villains on the islands where they can be found :nod:. Pretty neat!

This is probably one of the most amazing and immersive changes we’ve had in a while :frhigh:. Not only do we have some camera bobbing when moving around, kind of simulating the roughness of our steps, but NPCs now have animated mouths, gestures, and camera positions, all while talking to them :poggers2:. This makes them feel much more alive and I can say it most definitely adds some massive quality to NPCs :ok_hand:!

Besides that, we also have revamped rain particles for this version, which is quite neat :nod:!

Matching with the previous change, weather sounds have been improved :ear:! Storms will definitely be a lot more appealing now.

Another groundbreaking quality of life change can be found at tailors and along with character creation; eye colors :eyes:, which also apply to all NPCs! We’re not sure what colors there are, but I’m sure whatever there is will add a ton to the game and make NPCs a lot nicer with their varied eyes! I especially like this change a lot as someone who tries to recreate my characters as files :pray:. What do you think about this?

Next up on the list, new story parts, both completable! Part 66 is The Journey to Ravenna, while 67 is The Town of Rasna :thinking:; this shows us the name of one of the towns in Ravenna!

Starting with the next 2 story parts for this version. Part 68 is Meeting the Prince :crown:. Very interesting! And the long awaited Part 69 (nice :smirk:) is called the Words of the People, which is quite fitting.

Coming back to the Assassin Syndicate, which is the organization that the Mysterious Figure belongs to :face_with_monocle:, and the confirmation they would be joinable seems true! They have their own uniforms and enemy tiers, which we’ll see in a second. Not only this, but they have rarely-spawning NPC ship types of their own!

Speaking of NPC ship types, there will be appearances for high rank Grand Navy/Assassin Syndicate ships, whether owned by players or NPCs. A neat change that might spice up sailing :fire:!

Some quite intriguing information is presented here. First, it seems that their hideout is the Red Corner, which is within Whitesummit :mariomug:. This is where you can join them, and their clan and clan UI is assumed to work similarly to the Grand Navy! It’s assumed that perhaps the area has something to do with Blackwater, the criminal area we saw earlier :thinking:. I don’t actually remember if we’ve heard much information about this island, so there’s some interpretation to be had. Though, i’m quite confused on what’s public and what’s not, so I don’t think I’ll be speculating :frcryin:.

Like the Grand Navy, they have ranks that depend on your position on the new Assassin Syndicate top 100 leaderboard, along with your bounty :moneybag:. The rank names are interesting. Going from lowest to highest; Acolyte, Journeyman, Sponsor, Assassin, Lord, Maestro, Architect, Cardinal, and Overseer :v:. Feel free to look at the requirements yourself; I won’t list them here :sleeper:.

Now, let’s look at some screenshots from Vetex’s twitter. These were taken by @Maplestorm, so thanks for that :handshake:!

Here, we can see that lost spells/lost techniques could be coming in just a few weeks, and that they’ll be showcased! Neat stuff :cold_face:!

It seems that once AO is complete, Roblox dies, or something else catastrophic :boom:, Vetex will be an author, which sounds super neat to me! Hoping much success goes his way once this happens (If he keeps this idea) :+1:! Here’s a few interesting parts of the trello:

A new island has popped up in the to-do list, and it seems that most of the forum has theorized that this is the area we’ll be getting our first awakening :eye:! It’s a neat island name too, so I hope so!

The credits page has been changed to include inspirations, and you can go through the list to see a lot of the cool media Vetex has drawn from :fire:!

That’s all for today’s anchor of The Odyssey Feed. Peace out :v:!

On Topic!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎On Topic! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Vetex Appreciation Post, Show Your Appreciation of Vetex!
Posted by @AMultiversalEntity

Vetex is a rather noteworthy individual. They’re been making games for this community for years and years, and have been developing Arcane Odyssey 8 hours a day for almost 2 years :frsleeper:. So, some appreciation is definitely in order. For me, Vetex made not only my childhood but a lot of the passion I currently have for video games and writing, especially with their community :ok_hand:. Thanks to Vetex and you guys!

Arcane Art!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Arcane Art! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

The world is not yet ready for the truth!
Created by @Soraa

The Mim Piece… THE MIM PIECE IS REALLLL :mega:!!! Based on the Vetex Discord sticker, Soraa has created an influential piece of art that will usher in a brand new age of video game piracy! Uh, I mean, pirates :skull_and_crossbones:! Anyways, it has some really vibrant colors, and I love the style Mimhere is depicted in :fire:! The triumphant look on their bruised face brings the whole thing together.

Writing Wizardry!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ Writing Wizardry! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎

Hiring All Villains! - Chapter 7
Written by @StarForDays

StarForDays makes their grand return after 0 seconds of being offline with the 7th installment of Hiring All Villains :pray:! All of your favorite wacky characters from the series make a return with more shenanigans and plots than ever. And with a summary of the previous chapters, you’re sure to get invested :face_with_monocle:! The writing style is great, and I won’t spoil anything :mariomug:!

The Chart!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ The Chart! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎

Last anchor’s riddle solver was @tetragon_fortress! Congratulations for being the first to crack it! The answer was… ”Commodore Kai”!

You Open The Scroll…

“Limestone Key Builder”

First to comment or message me with the answer will get a shoutout next anchor!

Resources!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ Resources! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎

Thanks for reading!
Sorry for the delay! Took a while for some writing not by lock (He got in last time) to release :+1:.
27 Likes

Heddgy

1 Like

guy came to this post 0.5 milisecond after it was posted.

You and i are different
You scroll down to do the chart, i scroll down to leave a fat like

anways W feed as always (i haven’t read :smiley: )

2 Likes

Hehe, got it :dart:!

man idek who this hedgehog guy or whatever is

2 Likes

W feed as always

now that we’re nearing early access hype is starting to build up again

godly feed as usual cyro keep it up :fire:

1 Like

one thing i love about vetex is how in touch he is with the community, not a lot is left in the dark and the trello is always updated. interesting to hear that he’d be an author if i were to destroy the roblox servers!

1 Like

For being the Winter Archon you sure do keep producing nothing but :fire: fire :fire: with these feeds. :hot_face:

2 Likes

Lmao, fr. Thank you :pray:!

ill write a story then

1 Like

great music i like it.
but what about adding this music to the next odyssey food?

good feed as always, really feels like we are getting closer to release.

2 Likes

W feed as always i cannot wait for lost spells i know vetex is gonna go crazy on those !
Live moose reaction:
Happy moose. What a great way to start the morning | Moose pictures,  Animals, Funny moose

1 Like

This is really exciting! I can’t wait!

If Vetex does become an author I hope he writes a book about the AA Storyline but it’s the Peacekeepers POV and it would be first person. But then again, he may also want to turn away from the AU.

My eyes deceive me! Thank you so much for featuring my post, this truly means a lot.

Best newspaper article on the planet as always, even if it’s 4-5 days late.

I cant wait for the pvp clips to come out man gonna be so epic!
i want vetex to add a continuous beam option

2 Likes

Not to burst your bubble but it would be absolutely dogshit, it wouldn’t even be good against npcs and it being cool is not a reason to add a shitty spell with little to no use in any situation

1 Like

unless
it stuns for the duration

1 Like

Then that means hitstun which means people will abuse it by comboing it with other people and even if you made it almost like a grab(which isn’t even a bad idea tbh) it would just be a beam attack with grab functionality meaning all other magic grabs are useless

2 Likes