Vetex's Rant (PVP & BALACING)

I think I can decipher vetex’s refusal for public Elysium.

It is basically a pvp toggle.

Yes, I agree, it is frustrating.

By giving them somewhere to go that they can reliably go, you solve a vast majority of the toxicity issues.
In the singular time I personally visited Elysium, everybody there was super friendly regardless of kill count and just wanted to fight people at their level and make conversation.

Honestly I’m thinking about writing a suggestion to give PvP players their own way to progress within Elysium to get their own unique equipment at the same level and stats as gear obtained through PvE methods.

Not sure if I’ll actually end up writing it or not but it is on my mind right now.

1 Like

I’ve been saying this for years

honestly a very good solution tbh, i see no issue in that suggestion for any party

to be perfectly honest, vetex is already entirely in the correct just by the community treating him as if he is some tyrant, i’m pretty sure hes made it clear that this game never was meant to be balanced or combat focused like some other games that would be deepwoken, etc

it doesnt matter if the game isnt balanced at this point of time, you’re meant to enjoy the game and not enjoy beating other people in pvp, these stats were never constructed with the thought of competitive pvping, unfortunately a majority of the community is filled with dimwitted egoists who cant see this

3 Likes

Reading your suggestion, oh my fucking god you’re a genius.

->Vetex wants to add an Alignment system next update
->There is an issue with PVPers and PVErs.

Having guard NPCs in cities intervening is 100% the way it should be. If players are randomly attacked on a Faction’s territory, the Attacker should get a relationship debuff, and potentially have some liberties in the town restricted. (They would be pushed towards the negative alignment path)

7 Likes

Exactly. I don’t understand this part specifically: “There will be no PVP focused updates.”
It just doesn’t make any sense. It’s like lighting your house on fire and refusing to call 911. There’s an obvious solution to the problem, and it’s to either make Elysium public or to give PVP players more ways to interact with EACH OTHER instead of with people that dislike fighting.

I can think of about 7 ways you can encourage this(but even the best suggestions usually dont get added anyway, so who cares)- but the most straightforward solution is to make Elysium free and public. “But it’s for future raid bosses and tournaments!” We don’t have raid bosses, do we? And should Elysium really be private for something as small as a tournament? Anyone can host a tournament!

Either way, it’s a losing battle. Vetex probably will never make Elysium free(for the money), and honestly, I think his idea is working. Almost all of the PVPers I know frequently buy Elysium access. In my opinion, his latest rant was something similar to a public apology or a politicians’ campaign. Something to appeal to the public and make himself look better so that less of the fire is directed towards him.

I can’t blame him for wanting money, but at the same time, that feels pretty slimy. It is what it is.

Also, it’s nice to see a 100+ long post not be a hellscape.

one example being making a PVP stat separate from renown(encourages pvpers to bounty hunt pvpers)- I swear I’ve seen this one suggested about half a million times

1 Like

Vetex should probably try add a 1v1 system or, calling back to an AA era suggestion having a separate realm for large scale conflicts involving clans, etc.
(tbf vetex would never do this while he still sells Elysium passes)

Vetex will never add an organized dueling system or match making, I can assure you that. A separate realm for clan wars might work- but only if you can gain infamy in that realm and it’d be objectively better to grind infamy there than in the main game. Even at that, PVPers might just stay in the main game simply because there would be more people there than in the clan realm.

It kind of sucks to say this as a PVPer myself, but it’s not true- adding a PVP toggle or removing it would actually bring back a whole lot of players who complained about PVP being the main problem with the game(actually, removing PVP entirely WOULD kill the game, but a PVP toggle probably wouldn’t. it’d just make the game a whole lot more boring outside of elysium and what not).

Vetex also refused to add a PVP toggle, so there’s that too. The best solution to make everyone happy is to make Elysium free, but thinking about it now, that isn’t really reasonable either. Vetex probably didn’t make much money from AO before adding the Elysium access pass, so it’s likely that’s his main source of income at this point(or I could just be genuinely tweaking and thinking about it too much). Making Elysium free would make the game more enjoyable, but at the same time, do we want Vetex to become a starving artist?

Bloody Hell, there isn’t a right answer for this issue, is there?

probably never will be a full solution since this issue is engraved into the game and its future

There is a game on Roblox called Nightmare: Elemental, and in that game, whenever you join, you can chose to join a PvP server or a PvE server. I think that if Vetex were to implement something like this, the issue would be solved. Pvp servers would be exactly like how the game is now, while in pve servers you wouldn’t be able to attack anybody, steal islands from other clans, and players wouldn’t be on bounty boards.

1 Like

Us Forumers discussing the most recent “Vetex Rant”
(The pvpers will be crucifying our lord and savior vetex games later!!!)

7 Likes

1 Like

idk if you’re talking about clan islands, but piracy does reward the attacker with sealed chests. it is a really shitty thing since its usually dark sealed chests but its a real reward and loss for not being able to protect your chests

i understand where hes coming from
people who have no idea what theyre even complaining about constantly bothering you about stuff seems incredibly tiring
As for PVP, i think it deserves a place in the game but it should not come at the expense of PVE players or game content

Truth is I don’t think any of these types of players he’s talking about will ever be happy they’ll always find a thing to complain about (more than likely theyre just following what a youtuber told them to get mad at)

I’m gonna be real with you, sealed chests are so abundant that jumping another player to get them is a complete and utter waste of time.

In the case there’s actually enough sealed chests to make it genuinely worthwhile for the attacker, that’s stealing hours of grind from somebody else within seconds which is overall just not ok.

Ships also depawn; or when they sink… The seals despawn timer begin!

So, if someone bas a shipload of chests… Youll only get a fraction