Why all of a sudden forumers are becoming game developers/going into development fields?

(this is partially a meme post but also real)

what is up with forumers becoming developers? AO devcord? we tired of waiting for AO so we make AO?

(development fields like scripting/building/modelling/animating/gfx/composing/

the forumers going into dev shit

Something i've been working on
Game Thingy I'm Working On
How do you make Roblox VFX without Blender?
Alv's GFX dump
A video I took from a game i'm making
Avian Legends: Thoughts?

ive been doing 3d modeling and dev work long before wom was even announced. i started back in like 2019. i only really ever released one game though and that was a scuba game of which i won’t name so i don’t get banned for advertising

i also contributed slightly to a game named horse world and created a bunch of assets for a game called sanatorium or whatever, owned by divine sister (i know, they’re awful, but that was before i was aware how bad they all were and the pay was good)

I mean, to start dabbling into a field which relates to a personal interest is something which essentially most of us would know as a hobby which can develop into one’s pursuit in life or side hustle dependent on how passionate you are in a given field.

Meh, it looks fun

I’ve felt like doing the same for years now

can i start developing a game just to piss you off

Im no game dev, but i just love play with assets.
Recently started TRYING creating obbies. If i’ll have a MOTIVATION and POWER to start learning lua from 0 (Gmod is also written on lua) then i may be start doing smth, but its not likely.

Forumers went into game-dev cause they have nothing to do: WOM is getting bugged out of nowhere, AO is not out yet.

Cuz I can write edgy lore

1 Like

A lot of us like to make games for a simple reason:
We’re here because we like games.