Abyss Sea - Chapter 1 - Survival Journal: Shell Island

Shell Island - April

• Day 1

• Its been 6 hours since we evacuated everyone from the surface into the ruins, we lost roughly 12 capable men trying to hold off those beasts, 3 still haven’t returned from securing the barricades… The morale is low and everyone is tired, we will sort out things tomorrow.

• Day 2

• All 3 of the Ravenna guards sent to barricade the exists have returned, no major losses since last morning, i have been assigned to take care of our resources, though they are low, i will send a scavenging party out soon, a ex-pirate captain offered to help, hopefully everything will go well.

• Day 3

• The civilians are mentioning how they hear the beasts outside, feels like chaos is about to break… thankfully a Ravenna Centurion is keeping everyone in check, tomorrow will be the day to scavenge, something tells me it will end good.

• Day 4

• I was completely wrong. our party of 5 was completely demolished, the ex-pirate girl was strong, but she ended up getting bitten and stayed behind to hold off the Atlanteans, i feel guilty for her fate, and now everyone is losing hope, my mistake may have destroyed our only chance of survival.

• Day 5

• The day started horribly, someone went insane and attacked a Ravenna Ensign, that proceeded to execute them right then and there, the trust on our few protectors has faded, the screams of horror may have alerted the beasts above, i might have to do a clean up if they get agitated…
  • I haven’t written twice a day before, but this was important, i heard cannons fire and the Atlanteans have all gone away, is this a attempt for rescue? i will set out and look for our possible saviors soon, hope is not lost yet.

• Day 6

• They are all dead. A Ravenna brig sent here simply to try and get our resources, as soon as they saw me, i was shot. And i killed every single one of them.

• Day 7

• One week into the apocalypse, i was hit by an Atlantean while going back to the ruins, thankfully it was just a scratch, i will be fine right?
  • A civilian saw my scratch and tried to attack me. I killed them. It was the only reasonable option right?

• Day 8

• I haven’t slept last night, i couldn’t, another civilian tried to kill me while i was resting, these damn ingrates don’t know how much i have sacrificed for them

• Day 9

• I killed all of them. Was this really the only option? why did they not trust me? well, i have to make good use of their bodies…

• All the pages are bloody and torn apart

• Day 53

• I am writing this with the last bit of sanity i have, the Atlanteans-
  • The page is fully torn after this sentence

Chapter 1 was a lot different from Pilot, but i tried to keep nearly the same formatting, i was inspired by the in game journals to make this one, maybe every chapter will have its own gimmick? i cant promise anything, but i can try~
nonetheless, i hope the reading was enjoyable, this felt smaller then the chapter 0 so idk

[ANIMATION] That’s not the Captain anymore
Atlantean Invasion - An Arcane Odyssey AU
Atlantean Invasion - Island Status List
Arcane Abyss Sea AU Mainpage

Chapter 0 - Wrath of the Gods

6 Likes

OHHHH MY GOD

this is literally a documented descent into madness, I’m so surpised that the writer of this journal managed to make it to 2 months with enough sanity to write a cohesive sentence

hm, this gives me an idea for what happens to Shell Island. Good story!

Loving the journal-style writing you’re going with! Can’t wait to see perspectives from other islands

thanks! i will try putting the next chapter out when Mirage put out the Silly Tilly art, i kinda already have an idea for what it will be like

well now i HAVE to draw it now, and fast so i can get new LOREEEEEE

no need to rush yourself, but lets gooo!!

you guys may be fueled by coffee and energy drinks, but rlly whats keeping me motivated is the sheet amnt of stuff u guys are putting out for this AU. like oml ppl actually are interested in this!!!

hell yeah, everyone is feeling MOTIVATED because of this AU

if this happened in the real world with all our technology, would we survive?

its basically a zombie apocalypse, we already have 3000000 movies and series on it

but it gets more complicated as atlantheans are able to use magic

if it happened as sudden as in Abyss Sea, we would 100% get wiped unless nukes were activated in day 1

We need a post or something with all the bookmarks and links to all the infection AU posts because pretty soon this is all going to get higgledy-piggledy

E: theres a main page I’m actually blind

Considering those are Atlanteans which mean they can use magic, i dont think we would

This is like the third apocalypse that has happened, people can’t catch a break.

we will never not drag this world and its inhabitants through hell, canon or otherwise

Can anyone make art or a story for Abyss Sea?

:saluting_face::saluting_face::saluting_face: